Strong Sided

I am somewhat a new lifter and I have always known that my left half of my body is bigger than my right half. The way I noticed this is when I put my hands together, palm to palm, and align the creases at my wrists, my left hand is about 1cm longer. Not only my hands but that goes for my entire body. Even though I am right handed I usually can get 2-4 more reps out of my left side when I am doing any exercises where I “isolate” one arm/leg at a time i.e. dumbbell curls, triceps flexions, etc. Don’t get me wrong the difference is subtle, I don’t want to paint the picture that I belong in a circus!!

I have a few complications due to this which generates the following questions…

1.) When doing “isolate” exercises should I push my left to its max or stop at as many reps I got with my right side?

2.) When doing squats there is an uneven distribution of work between my right and left legs, how can I improve this?

Any links or threads that discussed this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

LACTIC

Interesting notion. I have never really thought about it, but my right side is slightly bigger and stronger than my left side. I’m lefthanded, does it mean anything, I don’t know.

1. I don’t know. I prefer keeping same repcount and starting with the weaker side.
  2. If it bothers you - physically - you have to reduce weight, I’m afraid, and work on technique.