T Nation

Strong Injury on Forearm

Its probably the tendon ,but i feel pressure in bone when im doing the ez bar curl, i feel it hard when i do biceps with bar, i felt like tendon was blowing up when i did the very last heavy set…

Do you think is tendonitis? it will recover soon?

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/6626/tendonitis2.gif

you have “golfers elbow” google it. you are in for a long recovery. cortisone shot is great but will fool you. long term therapy required.

Here is a helpful handout I found online. You will notice under Causes it says “significant amounts of writing and typing”. I think this is a good early warning sign that you might be posting too much online.

http://kenner.narmc.amedd.army.mil/kahcdocuments/Elbow%20Wrist%20Physical%20Therapy/MEDIAL-EPICONDYLITIS1.pdf

[quote]smallmike wrote:
Here is a helpful handout I found online. You will notice under Causes it says “significant amounts of writing and typing”. I think this is a good early warning sign that you might be posting too much online.

http://kenner.narmc.amedd.army.mil/kahcdocuments/Elbow%20Wrist%20Physical%20Therapy/MEDIAL-EPICONDYLITIS1.pdf[/quote]

that’s a very good joke!

Anyway im not sure about this ,cause its the tendon that causes me pain ,thats for sure, even now when im not lifting ,if i apply some pressure with my right hand ,it hurts!

tendonitis is a bitch

i’m having the same problem atm (only on my left forearm)

i had it before, and it took about 3 month to recover from (i usually recover very fast from injuries, at least compared to my training partners)

don’t start training until you are completely healed (no pain whatsoever), or it will flare up again

good luck

Razetsu is a troll, see ‘explain genetic potential’ thread for more info.

[quote]Petrichor wrote:
tendonitis is a bitch

i’m having the same problem atm (only on my left forearm)

i had it before, and it took about 3 month to recover from (i usually recover very fast from injuries, at least compared to my training partners)

don’t start training until you are completely healed (no pain whatsoever), or it will flare up again

good luck[/quote]

I’m dealing with it at the moment since October of last year. Any tips on rehabbing it? I’m already stretching, massaging, and doing forearm extension exercises but it feels like it’s all for nothing at this point. It’s really fucking depressing to be honest.

I’ve read on here people using the Voodoo Band to help out but I just want it to be back to normal to where I don’t feel pain, that just sounds like a temporary fix. My pulling movements are severely limited, cant do pull ups without feeling discomfort etc. Any helpful tips from anyone would be appreciated, I’m actually on this board to create a new topic about this, glad it’s already up.

If you are not able to stop training or your working environment flares it up, look into PRP injections while doing all of your rehab stretches, exericses, nerve stuff. ultimately you just have to stop and do the exercises to strengthen it while its recovering.

And/Or you can just drop the weights you are doing for practically every exercise you use your hands to grip by anywhere between 25-50% until you feel no pain from it, tenderness is okay the next day as long as you arent in pain, i’ve been doing this method for over a year and i’m not fully recovered but im training 4-5 times a week while making steady gains with the weight…

Only way to recover completely is to stop as i’ve been told by numerous physitians due to my working environment i’m unable to do the second method and recover completely.

That’s the thing, I can cut out all exercise that involve griping but I guess I was just trying to avoid that. I can make the focus all about lower body training but I din’t want to completely neglect upper body training either. I’m trying to avoid any sort of injections / surgery.

I have no pain anymore either so I’m glad that’s out of the way, but it’s like a nagging reminder that it’s there if I do any sort of pulling movement that involves flexion at the elbows. So I can still keep in Deadlifts with out a problem.

I guess I just need to stop being an idiot and really just limit upper body training to light weight or body weight training.

i found dropping the weights and doing eccentric contraction for the sets you are doing may allow you to bump up the weight more so then concentric this helps with tendon strength a lot. Just give dropping the weights a try if you’re still going to the gym you’ll feel tempted to eventually try the upperbody without strengthening the tendons. i’m only speaking from experience you may have much more self controlled then i do. It’s a frustrating injury but runners always get this in there hamstrings and manage to keep training just dont give up!

[quote]jldume wrote:
That’s the thing, I can cut out all exercise that involve griping but I guess I was just trying to avoid that. I can make the focus all about lower body training but I din’t want to completely neglect upper body training either. I’m trying to avoid any sort of injections / surgery.

I have no pain anymore either so I’m glad that’s out of the way, but it’s like a nagging reminder that it’s there if I do any sort of pulling movement that involves flexion at the elbows. So I can still keep in Deadlifts with out a problem.

I guess I just need to stop being an idiot and really just limit upper body training to light weight or body weight training.[/quote]

I find that any sort of supinated flexion in the wirst causes the most problems (not elbow flexion itself, of course these movements are somewhat difficult to seperate), so avoid that

I usually start with some sort of horizontal pulling while trying to keep the wrist joint totally straight (wrist-forearm 180°) the whole time

stuff like chest supported rows, 1 Arm DB row, low-medium weight, everything for 15-20+ reps

sometimes lifting straps help

if that works for a few weeks try to include hammer curls