Strong Enough to Correct Them

[quote]cavalier wrote:

[quote]Canada_K wrote:
DUDE!

Well thank goodness, I’m no longer the only bodybuilder here. Welcome. Let us talk of carb deprival, and hair removal![/quote]

Umm, Kent, you are aware of Old Navy’s log? And he just competed this weekend? And I drove up and met him? And he’s trying to convince me to start shopping for posing trunks?

You two have a lot in common, your lifts are very similiar.[/quote]

Cavalier, did you just compare Kent’s strength level to that of Old Navy’s? a ten stone, 67 year old?

That’s just too funny! I can’t wait to read Kent’s response. Priceless!!!

P.S NO disrespect meant to Old Navy, the guy is amazing.

Welcome, I know eff all about BB but I can give you lots of tips on how to be weak and lazy.

I imagine you’ll get your former self abck soon enough.

Ddot, what do I call you? I feel like I’m stuttering when I type d-d-d-d-d-d-dot! As I get closer to competing/not competing it’s that “tertiary” stuff that I imagine can bury me. It’s table stakes, and I know nothing. I think I’ll have to pick your brians when I get clear enough to formulate intelligent questions.

And Brett, I wasn’t aware of OldNavy. I can barely keep up with the 8-10 logs I follow now. I’ll look him up. And I typically compare my strength levels to that of a teenage anorexic girl, so I suppose comparing me to a 67 year old is an upgrade!

[quote]Canada_K wrote:
Ddot, what do I call you? I feel like I’m stuttering when I type d-d-d-d-d-d-dot! As I get closer to competing/not competing it’s that “tertiary” stuff that I imagine can bury me. It’s table stakes, and I know nothing. I think I’ll have to pick your brians when I get clear enough to formulate intelligent questions.

And Brett, I wasn’t aware of OldNavy. I can barely keep up with the 8-10 logs I follow now. I’ll look him up. And I typically compare my strength levels to that of a teenage anorexic girl, so I suppose comparing me to a 67 year old is an upgrade![/quote]

Ahem. You’ve posted bench and squat numbers way past anything I’ve been able to do, so guess that makes me worse than a teenage anorexic girl. Anyway, Navy’s got some lifts a bit more than mine, so I just lump them together. I pretty much group people as “lifts like me” and “lifts more than me”.

Old Navy posts on several sites, not just this one, and doesn’t get around to visiting other threads, so you can be forgiven for not being familiar. He lists a very detailed description of his training and supplements, showing how he works on the slow, sure approach.

Here’s the question on my mind… Did you ever DB row more than Molly? I was thinking about seeing you doing rows at the GL in Burlington at the time she was doing 100’s. Just so you know, I’m up to 90’s now. They’re ugly though.

I’m glad you’re back. Where are you training now?

[quote]Canada_K wrote:

And Brett, I wasn’t aware of OldNavy. I can barely keep up with the 8-10 logs I follow now. I’ll look him up. And I typically compare my strength levels to that of a teenage anorexic girl, so I suppose comparing me to a 67 year old is an upgrade![/quote]

If you think backwards, you might figure it out.

I think if and when you decide to go for it, and I see you were thinking IDFA, then you need to talk to people who have done it before and learn some lessons from them. My biggest knock was that I wasn’t dark enough on stage and that during my routine (to which I had a coach and countless hours of practice) looked ‘rehearsed’. Somehow that was a negative.

If and when I do it again (2012 anyone?) I’ll do things differently such as professional tanning/spray tan’s, get leaner and dryer than I was. I still had some water in my lower abs/back (and I’ll do this with coaches).

Keep up the training though… you’ve got the physique to get you there for sure.

Were you on PN for a long time? I recognize the handle.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Here’s the question on my mind… Did you ever DB row more than Molly? I was thinking about seeing you doing rows at the GL in Burlington at the time she was doing 100’s. Just so you know, I’m up to 90’s now. They’re ugly though.

I’m glad you’re back. Where are you training now?[/quote]

Uhh-hmmm. Yes, I Kroc row’d more than her and I’m sure I have video evidence to prove that somewhere on my Mac. I was up to 110’s back then and I’ve been at 95’s for the last 2 weeks so I may need to jump to 100’s tonight. But I’m doing dead stop rows these days. :wink:

I’m actually training at a smaller gym these days in Burlington. Friends of ours own it and gave us a break on membership (like 40% of what we were paying at GL). If it’s busy, it’s generally with a bunch of high school boys doing copious amounts of machine flyes and cable crossovers supersetting with seated DB concentration curls.

Your numbers have certainly caught up to mine. Wouldn’t want to run into in any dark alleys. :slight_smile:

Are you strictly training at home these days?

[quote]ddot76 wrote:
If you think backwards, you might figure it out.

I think if and when you decide to go for it, and I see you were thinking IDFA, then you need to talk to people who have done it before and learn some lessons from them. My biggest knock was that I wasn’t dark enough on stage and that during my routine (to which I had a coach and countless hours of practice) looked ‘rehearsed’. Somehow that was a negative.

If and when I do it again (2012 anyone?) I’ll do things differently such as professional tanning/spray tan’s, get leaner and dryer than I was. I still had some water in my lower abs/back (and I’ll do this with coaches).

Keep up the training though… you’ve got the physique to get you there for sure.

Were you on PN for a long time? I recognize the handle.

[/quote]

DUDE!

Thanks for the advice. I’m morw worried about the impact about the impact on my kids. I’m a year out, so the plan is the same at this point regardless.

And PN? I’m a mod. I’ve been a fixture there for over 5 years. I see you posted all of THREE TIMES!!!

[quote]ddot76 wrote:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

I’m glad you’re back. Where are you training now?[/quote]

Uhh-hmmm. Yes, I Kroc row’d more than her and I’m sure I have video evidence to prove that somewhere on my Mac. I was up to 110’s back then and I’ve been at 95’s for the last 2 weeks so I may need to jump to 100’s tonight. But I’m doing dead stop rows these days. :wink:

I’m actually training at a smaller gym these days in Burlington. Friends of ours own it and gave us a break on membership (like 40% of what we were paying at GL). If it’s busy, it’s generally with a bunch of high school boys doing copious amounts of machine flyes and cable crossovers supersetting with seated DB concentration curls.

Your numbers have certainly caught up to mine. Wouldn’t want to run into in any dark alleys. :slight_smile:

Are you strictly training at home these days?[/quote]

Maybe I’ll catch up to you on the rows. I’m trying to beef up my back to push up my deadlift. There’s a 405 in there somewhere.

We’re mostly training at home. I haven’t been to GL in ages. If we go out at all it’s to Phoenix or the Y in St. Catharines to train with the club. The set up at home is pretty solid from a PL perspective. Sometimes though, I just like to go out to a commercial gym.

Also, will you be checking out the Toronto Pro Super Show in June?

[quote]Canada_K wrote:
DUDE!

Thanks for the advice. I’m morw worried about the impact about the impact on my kids. I’m a year out, so the plan is the same at this point regardless.

And PN? I’m a mod. I’ve been a fixture there for over 5 years. I see you posted all of THREE TIMES!!![/quote]

Yeah, I signed up for PN years ago. A co-worked of mine was involved with a prominent PN coach there. (I tried to be as vague as possible since I am not 100% sure of what the relationship was).

They did some BioSig runs with me when I was down around the 5-6% BF range and shared some different Poliquin ‘workouts’ to address some weak points at the time.

As for impact on family, it certainly can be. BB is generally viewed as a selfish sport. If you took a year though, it might not appear to be so ‘selfish’. It really depends on how much work you need to do in the gym.

And you can always practice your posing once the kids go to sleep. :slight_smile:

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Also, will you be checking out the Toronto Pro Super Show in June?[/quote]

Maybe. Depends on what life hands me that week. :slight_smile:

Wednesday - DL - Back

Deadlifts
5 x 265
5 x 285
8 x 320

Kind of disappointed with the 8 x 320 since I got 8 x 350 two weeks ago. Having said that, I was in a bit of a funk (post adrenalin downer) when I got to the gym. The wife and I are selling our house and have had 2 deals fall apart now. I learned of the latest about 1hr before this session so I was pretty irate leading up to the session and then deflated when I started.

A. Chest Supported Rows
4 sets of 8 @ 115/125/125/125** last set was a drop set until failure

B. Stretchers
2 sets of 12

C. Heavy Partial Pulldowns
2 set of 12 (last set was forced eccentric --partner drives weight stack down on negative)

D. Finishing Complex

3 sets of AMRAP per exercise

Utilized a Free Motion Cable Cross station with handles as low and as close together as possible
1st exercise - Rear Cable Flyes from low position
2nd exercise - Cable Shrugs
3rd exercise - Hypers

I sort of call the cable flyes ‘Batmans’ as you need to think of Batman opening his cape (as horrible as that sounds). You should definitely feel it in your traps along with your rear delts. Immediately switch to a heavy weight and perform shrugs (pulling at almost a 45 degree angle). I like to hold the contraction on these for at least a 2 count. Finish with as many hypers as possible.

The first set is easy because your erectors aren’t overly tired but the 2nd and 3rd sets are killer as the lean you have to perform the first exercise requires the erectors to stay tight (and you’ve just fried your erectors with hypers). Thus if done properly the middle of your back from neck to ass should be on fire. I’ll need to take a video of this. :slight_smile:

Finished up with 35 min of MI Cardio (20 min Inc.TreadMill + 15 min Stepmill).

Soaked to the bone and headed home.

Weight was 201 this morning. Biggest weekly weight drop since I started dieting March 17.

Great work ddot, I can certainly commiserate with the house issues.

Little late to the party as usual, great work, no doubt you can get back to where you were and then some.

Thanks dday and MattyXL!

I’m getting positive feedback on my physique/diet now so hoping in 6-7 weeks to be ‘comfortable’ again.

Where are you two moving? I believe I remember when you bought your current place a couple of years ago. Anything related to moving is highly stressful.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Where are you two moving? I believe I remember when you bought your current place a couple of years ago. Anything related to moving is highly stressful.[/quote]

We’re not entirely sure. We’ll have to decide once we sell. Hopefully stay in Burlington

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Anything related to moving is highly stressful.[/quote]

Given with whats going on in my world these days, my boss sent me this and asked where I scored?

I scored a 287.

I’m surprised I’m losing fat with all the cortisol I must be generating.

Thursday - Bench + Chest

Bench Press
5 x 155
5 x 175
10 x 195

I usually do Bench on Friday’s but got coerced into d wooing this session last night. 10 x 195 is so-so. My erectors are still fried from last night so I think I could have easily gotten 12-13 if I wasn’t so sore.

A. Low Incline DB Press w/ twist
4 x 8

remaining exercises supersets w/ broomstick stretch

B. Seated HS Chest Press w/ bands
3 x 8
3rd set I employ a dead stop technique.

C. Stretch Pushups (hands on platforms)
3 x AMAP

Finished up with some hawt abz worx.

Felt like a pretty decent session.