Strong/Buff Women in Movies?

[quote]Professor X wrote:

How old are you that Sigourney Weaver didn’t pop into your mind first? Every other lead female character in an action movie is taking off from what she started.[/quote]

Heh! I’m so old that I saw those movies in the theater (and was probably old enough to drive myself there). I definitely remember her breaking ground as a true action heroine. But it’s been a while since I’ve seen them so I don’t remember her physique being all that impressive. You’re right, definitely worth watching again. .

Except for A4, though, 'cause that was just bad.

Martha

[quote]Bic wrote:

Linda Hamilton in T2 pulling back the bolt of a machine gun with incredible definition in her arms and shoulders is my computer wall paper…daily inspiration.

http://www.world-of-celebrities.com/gallery/apco/IMAGES/adc/10103072B.jpg
[/quote]

Oh, you are not kidding. Hamilton in T2 really is insprirational.

Thanks to all, my queue should keep me busy for some time.

Martha

knewsom wrote:
Also, damned near ANYTHING with Milla Jovovitch, especially the 5th Element.

She was better in Resident Evil. She sucked in Ultraviolet.[/quote]

You saw that too, Prof? Yes, I agree. Ultraviolet sucked.

[quote]hankr wrote:
Professor X wrote:
How old are you that Sigourney Weaver didn’t pop into your mind first? Every other lead female character in an action movie is taking off from what she started.

Yes, but you just reminded me of one of my favorites - Vasquez (don’t know the actresses name) in Aliens. Remember where she is cranking out chins and a male Marine askes if anyone ever mistakes her for a man? Her reply, “No, how about you?”

Classic.[/quote]

Maria conchito Alonso… She was bad ass in her younger years.

It makes me wonder what went on in her mind when she signed up for that role. I saw at least 10 people walk out of that movie before the end. And to think, I used to think Elektra was a weak attempt. That movie is a masterpiece compared to Ultraviolet.

[/quote]

Heh, maybe she lost a bet.

I dont know if you could consider her an actress, but Lucia Rijker is a legit bad ass. (I’ve attached a pic)

As well, Michelle Rodriguez kinda fits the bill, but she gets on my nerves.

[quote]caladin wrote:
hankr wrote:
Professor X wrote:
How old are you that Sigourney Weaver didn’t pop into your mind first? Every other lead female character in an action movie is taking off from what she started.

Yes, but you just reminded me of one of my favorites - Vasquez (don’t know the actresses name) in Aliens. Remember where she is cranking out chins and a male Marine askes if anyone ever mistakes her for a man? Her reply, “No, how about you?”

Classic.

[/quote]
Vasquez was NOT played by Maria Conchito(a?) Alonzo.

Maria’s best action turn was in The Running Man with Arnie, where she gets to run around in that tight unitard the whole movie.

[quote]simon-hecubus wrote:
caladin wrote:
hankr wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Classic.

Maria’s best action turn was in The Running Man with Arnie, where she gets to run around in that tight unitard the whole movie.
[/quote]

Good catch. That was Jenette Goldstein. She has been in 24, X Files, Star Trek and Alias before. She just looks way different without a headband.

Jennette Goldstein was also in Titanic and Terminator 2. She was John Connors’ foster mother in T2 and you could still see the remnants of that ALIENS musculature. Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton) was bad news in T2. James Cameron loves tough women in his movies.

Beatrix Kiddo rocks!

Ripley kicks ass!

The others are just pale imitators.

lostinthought wrote:
Shit…I almost forgot…what about the Kill Bills?

She deserves a mention. Some people may not like it, but I bet people will remember that movie in 20 years.[/quote]

Not like the Kill Bills? Crazy people.

She has been in 24, X Files, Star Trek and Alias before. She just looks way different without a headband.[/quote]

Now that you mention it, Seven Of Nine(played by Jeri Ryan)in Startrek : Voyager looked great.
Captain Janeway(Kate Mulgrew)too in fact.
There’s this episode when both have to go “on the prowl”(actually, the scenes with Janeway in awifebeater look like they were stolen directly from Aliens).

Though she makes me sick, Grace Jones is always built. Maybe because she’s a man. On drugs.

caladin wrote:
hankr wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Classic.

[/quote]

Shit your right… Damn. I just assumed. Seems all mexicans look alike. J/K

Ok know I need to start looking for other movies she was in. That was MCA in Predator 2… Right?

[quote]kroby wrote:
Professor X wrote:
knewsom wrote:
Also, damned near ANYTHING with Milla Jovovitch, especially the 5th Element.

She was better in Resident Evil. She sucked in Ultraviolet.

You saw that too, Prof? Yes, I agree. Ultraviolet sucked.[/quote]

You couldn’t tell from the commercial?

Good catch. That was Jenette Goldstein. She has been in 24, X Files, Star Trek and Alias before. She just looks way different without a headband.[/quote]

What parts did she play on Star Trek (Enterprise?) and Alias?

Professor X wrote:
Good catch. That was Jenette Goldstein. She has been in 24, X Files, Star Trek and Alias before. She just looks way different without a headband.

What parts did she play on Star Trek (Enterprise?) and Alias?
[/quote]

She is always the “sexy spy-like character”. She wasn’t a regular.

Okay, I’ll play along…if you can get past Keanu Reeves, he’s acted with some decent chicks in Johnny Mnemonic and The Matrix.

Oh so sad that UltraViolet is getting canned. I just Love that Milla Jojovich.

What about Kate Beckinsale? The first Underworld wasn’t bad and I hear the new one is better (not out on DVD yet). Van Helsing’s a fun romp with her too.

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
Oh so sad that UltraViolet is getting canned. I just Love that Milla Jojovich.

What about Kate Beckinsale? The first Underworld wasn’t bad and I hear the new one is better (not out on DVD yet). Van Helsing’s a fun romp with her too.[/quote]

I liked Underworld. I think the second one got bad press because too many went to go see the movie without seeing the first one (which is stupid). The sequel picked up EXACTLY where the first one let off. I think that movie deserves much credit for the environment they created, but I think they should have made the story line deeper somehow. Either way, the special effects were pretty amazing.

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
What about Kate Beckinsale? The first Underworld wasn’t bad and I hear the new one is better (not out on DVD yet). Van Helsing’s a fun romp with her too.

Professor X wrote:
I liked Underworld. I think the second one got bad press because too many went to go see the movie without seeing the first one (which is stupid). The sequel picked up EXACTLY where the first one let off. I think that movie deserves much credit for the environment they created, but I think they should have made the story line deeper somehow. Either way, the special effects were pretty amazing.[/quote]
Kruiser: Don’t wait for DVD, go see the new one on the big screen. Kate is mucho caliente in this one.

LOL, Angelina Jolie?!! BUFF? Please.