Strong and Conditioned (ChongLordUno)

Serious questions:

1. Is the ultimate goal with burpees simply an increased volume/dominance/excellence goal upon itself, or do you choose burpees because they have a large carryover to other tasks you hope to accomplish?
  2. If doing more burpees is essentially just translating into doing even more burpees but faster or more complex, is that worth it for you?
  3. Is choosing burpees as a high volume move a better choice than KB swings?

I’m not at all meaning these as negative questions, but really curious. Especially as someone who has similar tendencies as you.

5 Likes

Probably an excellence goal @antiquity

Burpees ultimately are all about time efficiency. That’s the attraction. I can do them anywhere. The YT channel has also gave me extra reason to crank them out because I’m getting a lot of feedback on them and find it intoxicating almost.

They’re also very therapeutic as you already know.

There’s no hidden meaning in doing them. I just love them and they have changed my physique like no other exercise.

Definitely provide more bang for your buck that swings IMO

3 Likes

Took the weekend off to celebrate my sons birthday

Lots of junk consumed. Fuxking love it. Give it to me now

More cake

13 Likes

Great photo, my man! Savor those moments.

1 Like

Awesome, dude. Happy birthday to the wee man.

1 Like

@SvenG @kdjohn

Thanks lads

2 Likes

4 Likes

Whats up mate?

Not much @dagill2

Just work stress and general family life shit. Nothing to write home about

2 Likes

4 Likes

Oh mate I am feeling you. I am fked right now.

1 Like

Heavy going mate? I’m here for you man

1 Like

2 Likes

I tend to have the same draw to weight vest work these days. It’s giving probably about 90% or so of what I want to accomplish in terms of strength and conditioning, and is also something I really enjoy doing. Mix in a wee bit of barbell strength work and a some high reep shrugs/hammer curls and I’ve found it’s all I really need. In the end, it’s all about finding your rhythm and consistency.

4 Likes

I think I’m heading in the direction of callisthenics/ weighted callisthenics.

Weighted vest work as well

Seems more exciting and dynamic. Barbell work and weights bores the tits off me nowadays

2 Likes

Well after recently making a good move at work and going to manage a small relaxed site, I was asked by one of our big bosses to go back to the other site for 3 months as the new guy can’t cope and the customer asked for me back. Team and customer were very happy to see me which is a good thing. But the job is crazy intense and lots of covid positives onsite over the last 3 weeks has just added to the overall workload and degree of insanity!! I like a challenge but this is seriously the toughest time at work I have ever had. They say it builds character and it’s only for 4 months. Imagine how much character I will have next year !!:joy:

3 Likes

How can your character get any bigger my man. It’s Ronnie Coleman sized already

1 Like

Some old guy keeps taking my workouts to task on YT. I bit and churned out this. Great workout man

4 Likes

That’s very kind of you sir. We can always get better it just isn’t always easy

1 Like

3 Likes