Strong and Conditioned (ChongLordUno)

I, too, have issues with high rep deads even with a trap bar. I get it in my right lower back. I have done well with the TB approach of the 1 set a week, and even with Dan John’s simply working up to a heavy double and calling it a day for DL.

2 Likes

Yeah @antiquity mate, god knows what was going through my head.

The pursuit of gains comes at the expense of intellectual capacity :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Good press man.

1 Like

1 Mile Run
50 KB Swings (24kg)
50 Burpees
1 Mile Run

I like the look of that. Think I’ll give it a try after I switch to Black.

1 Like

I hope your back gets back online soon! In the meantime, I agree with the others - it’s prudent to avoid high-rep deadlifts and place safety first with barbell lifts, especially those involving the lower back.

1 Like

Ya’ll are killing me here…

3 Likes

I could see someone losing tension/bracing on high rep TBDL. It would be easy to let up just a bit during the last few inches of the eccentric and then yank on the concentric.

But like you said, self destruction and all that. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

It can be lost anywhere at any time in my experience. I tend to get hurt me rebreathing at the top than during any rep.

2 Likes

No mate

You’re killing us by raising the bar to insane levels and maniacs like me trying to keep up :man_facepalming::joy:

3 Likes

Indoor Power Intervals

2 minutes all out
3 mins rest

This fucking destroyed me

@antiquity @kleinhound have yous tried this bastard of a session?

It’s filthy as fuck

7 Likes

What torture device did you use?

Negative but definitely have considered it. I think it would be brutal on a rower and ridiculous on an assault bike

1 Like

Nope, haven’t tried it. Sounds intense, though. 2 minutes crawls by when you’re pushing on the bike.

1 Like

The Airdyne @Frank_C mate. Broke me in two :fearful:

3 Likes

GC 1 - BEAT YOUR FACE

TACTICAL BARBELL 2

Cheeky wee number while kids were occupied

4 Likes

What’s this cheeky wee number?

I’m not gonna write out the full workout as you need to buy the book which is a gold mine @jdm135 my man

2 Likes

Understood!

1 Like

My legs burn a little just thinking about this. Is the rest at least 100% rest - like you stop pedaling altogether and perhaps lie on the floor?

1 Like

No @Frank_C mate, kept moving at between 13-16mph to cool down

1 Like