Strikeforce HW Grand Prix: If This Happens

Don’t care who wins, should be good fights.

[quote]sardines12 wrote:

[quote]Beast Status wrote:

[quote]sardines12 wrote:

The bracket is settup in such so Overeem can win and be the new poster boy for Strikeforce. Fedor is on his road to retirement. They need a new golden boy. Scott Coker, hate him or like him. He is a smart mother fucker that has been around the block for a long time.[/quote]

well some of the shit he does makes me scratch my head.[/quote]

damn YAKUZA!!!
[/quote]
lol no just things like having Rogers fight for a belt after losing to Fedor[/quote]

Got destroyed by Ubereem too. His matches arent for the strap. Why not throw him in the mix. This is why i love tourneys. Anything can happen. Best case scenario we get to see him get KTFO’d…yet again. These fights will be awesome. The Zuffa Schills are sweating in their boots.

[quote]sardines12 wrote:

[quote]sardines12 wrote:

The bracket is settup in such so Overeem can win and be the new poster boy for Strikeforce. Fedor is on his road to retirement. They need a new golden boy. Scott Coker, hate him or like him. He is a smart mother fucker that has been around the block for a long time.[/quote]

well some of the shit he does makes me scratch my head.[/quote]

damn YAKUZA!!!
[/quote]
lol no just things like having Rogers fight for a belt after losing to Fedor[/quote]

Got destroyed by Ubereem too. His matches arent for the strap. Why not throw him in the mix. This is why i love tourneys. Anything can happen. Best case scenario we get to see him get KTFO’d…yet again. These fights will be awesome. The Zuffa Schills are sweating in their boots.
[/quote]
I have no problems with him in the tourney, he’ll most likely get tooled by Barnett.

It’s the weight-ins…

Any new thoughts?

Fedor definitely doesn’t look leaner, anything other than his normal self, but his normal self seems to work.

I think Fedor is in a great state of mind. I love his answer about feeling absolutely no lust for revenge on Wedrum, just merely looking forward to the competition of it all.

Too classy, too smart, too controlled. Great show either way.

humph… I guess his time is up. Very disappointing indeed…

bummer fedor should retire

part of me died tonight.

I dont know what to do anymore.

sad panda

Man fuck, I saw it coming a mile off, but I’m still sad Sefo got choked out by Othereem.

He talks about retirement and such…why? This would be a great time to change things up. Train abroad, find out what he’s really made of. A “Vision Quest” if you will. But…those are just my thoughts on the matter. Everyone falls at some point. He just needs to get his ass back up. Oh well…

Fedor has been a paper champ since Pride folded. This article summs up some pretty good points:

Too bad. He could have done so much more if he went to the UFC.

read the article, stopped when it started mentioning the usual Dana White-type bs (didn’t face major competition; tis true - you just have to repeat a lie over and over again…)
Heavies in the UFC are no better then in Strikeforce. Sure, Cain Velasquez is great, perhaps THE real champ to come and JDS looks good, too, but apart from that?
Carwin, the guy who falls comatose after one round of hitting someone or Lesnar, the dude who won’t allow his sparring partners to hurt his delicate viking face? BTW, Fedor showed TRUE grit in the 2nd round. Brock routinly gets props for running and going fetal but THIS was RAW. I still can’t believe he survived that. Almost as looking at a man getting mauled by a bear.

This GP is the best heavyweight clash since the days of Pride AND IT’S A SHAME Cain and Junior aren’t in it.

I’m as sorry as any other Fedor nuthugger for his loss, but at the same time I want my idol retire when he’s lost the fire, which he has.
He’s still top ten, but not the best anymore.
Can he go on? Sure. He can fight for another ten years.
Does he have to do this for the fans? Fuck no, if he’s into fucking church and playing chess with his kids, my blessings are onto him.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
read the article, stopped when it started mentioning the usual Dana White-type bs (didn’t face major competition; tis true - you just have to repeat a lie over and over again…)…

[/quote]

You cannot deny that he did duck the best fighters over the past few years. Brett Rogers? C’mon man.

Bret Rogers is no champ, so is Carwin.
Fedor fought Arlovski and Sylvia who were champs at that time. Clearly, he could have faced stronger opposition if not for business politics. That’s a no brainer. But that’s an old story found in martial arts generally.
And if Fedor had it easy, Lesnar’s (Mir? Carwin? Couture?!? ) “title run” was a picnic.

In MMA, for various reasons, champions do not have to fight solely other champions to be legitimate. Show me one champion who at his time fought ONLY the very best the world had to offer.

The “he ducked” myth is BS straight from Dana White’s mouth. Anyone looks foolish repeating it.

Don’t expect a heavyweight to surpass Fedor’s reign anytime soon. MMA, especially heavyweight, is not made for nearly a decade of domination.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
Bret Rogers is no champ, so is Carwin.
Fedor fought Arlovski and Sylvia who were champs at that time. Clearly, he could have faced stronger opposition if not for business politics. That’s a no brainer. But that’s an old story found in martial arts generally.
And if Fedor had it easy, Lesnar’s (Mir? Carwin? Couture?!? ) “title run” was a picnic.

In MMA, for various reasons, champions do not have to fight solely other champions to be legitimate. Show me one champion who at his time fought ONLY the very best the world had to offer.

The “he ducked” myth is BS straight from Dana White’s mouth. Anyone looks foolish repeating it.

Don’t expect a heavyweight to surpass Fedor’s reign anytime soon. MMA, especially heavyweight, is not made for nearly a decade of domination. [/quote]

Arlovski and Sylvia were washed up chumps by the time Fedor got them.

I like Fedor as much as the next rational person but I see him for what he is. A talented but over the hill fighter that tried to protect his rep and maximize his payday. It is a story as old as the fight game.

Good to see the nut-huggery continue even after two losses. It will make for entertaining reading.

Anyone have links to video?

…some of us don’t have showtime…

Arlovski was washed up? He had five wins behind him, including Werdum, Nelson & Rothwell.
This is silly.
Heavyweight division is not as deep as light to middleweight, you do realize that?
There weren’t as many legitimate contenders back then.

I say openly that I hug Fedornut but I also proclaimed pretty soon after Pride that in my opinion he was starting to lose his diamond-hard edge, little by little.
He’s still a top ten guy, of course, but the question is if he wants to continue fighting if he’s not the best anymore.
[b]

And @ZEB, [/b]

C’mon, Fedor would NEVER cut.

[quote]Spartiates wrote:
Anyone have links to video?

…some of us don’t have showtime…[/quote]

I saw it through a stream, but vids will surely be on the regular sites.

For instance, there’s a forum of sorts where they share some MMA stuff.

Hmm, I wonder which three words you have to type into google to get to that site pretty instantaneously…