Strikeforce - Houston

Some of the most poorly reffed shit ive seen in awhile. it was like they pulled these guys out of the amatuer scene and put them on national tv. stopping lashley while in full mount and not restarting him there? gurgel getting hit after the third bell, then getting tagged with a knee? card looked good on paper but did not deliver.

couldn’t disagree more.

Lashley’s lungs were pumping like bellows; while his opponent was active the only thing he did was dying . It was justified.

The knee was delivered illegally, but the match was already over. Great hands btw, perhaps the best in lightweight mma. I want to see KJ boxing BJ some day.

And Lawal/Feijao was a good fight, too.

Overall a good card as far I can tell (still have to see Jacare-Kennedy ). The last couple of Strikeforce events were in my opinion more interesting then most of the recent UFCs. (which doesn’t say much, nothing’s wrong with UFC matchups etc, it’s just coincidental)

Yeah the show sucked no doubt, I felt lashley was very poor, end of the second he was truly fucked lights on but no one home. wouldnt be suprised if he was concussed. His striking was lousy and mat game no better. I anticipated alot more from him.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
couldn’t disagree more.

Lashley’s lungs were pumping like bellows; while his opponent was active the only thing he did was dying . It was justified.

The knee was delivered illegally, but the match was already over. Great hands btw, perhaps the best in lightweight mma. I want to see KJ boxing BJ some day.

Overall a good card as far I can tell (still have to see Jacare-Kennedy ). The last couple of Strikeforce events were in my opinion more interesting then most of the recent UFCs. (which doesn’t say much, nothing’s wrong with UFC matchups etc, it’s just coincidental)[/quote]

how can you justify standing a fight up out of a dominate position like mount? that’s horseshit. if nothing is happening on the feet, should they restart them on the ground?

kj clearly threw that hook after the third bell had rung. he was not in motion to throw it before the bell had already started. pisspoor reffing all around.

Not going to comment on the show, only saw the Galvao and Jacare fights.

The Galvao stoppage was truly horrible. Andre dominated the last two rounds no doubt, but come on, these are MMA fighters not high schoolers.

Jacare had a decent if mundane showing. Still prefer him when hehits the ground though.

No , I don’t think that someone who has secured a mount can sit there forever, just breathing.
A big part of this is still entertainment.
If nothing happens on the ground, stand them up.
If nothing happens on the feet, give them cards, fine them, deduce points.

As for KJ:
Clearly? Ok, then my youtube transmission probably had a soundlag.
Still, nobody who’s a pro drops his defense completely the instant the bell rings.
If it really was after the third bell, Noons should have been warned or taken a point away, or better, his opponent should have gotten a few more minutes to recover.

KJ Noons will get killed by Melendez or Thomson.

I mean fuck dude he outstruck Jorge Gurgel not that impressed and I thought KJ lost his last fight.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
couldn’t disagree more.

Overall a good card as far I can tell (still have to see Jacare-Kennedy ). The last couple of Strikeforce events were in my opinion more interesting then most of the recent UFCs. (which doesn’t say much, nothing’s wrong with UFC matchups etc, it’s just coincidental)[/quote]

it was an illegal knee prior to the stoppage…so, a no contest?

i guess i don’t know the SF rules…

sorry, but that’s grappling…lashley expended the eneergy to get teh advantageous position then griggs just had to lay there and have the ref bail him ut? dont like it? watch k-1

I agree with slimjim, terrible reffing. Another thing, the fight was stood up to check Lashley’s cut, so they absolutely should have been restarted from the ground with Lashley in full mount. I don’t know if it’s just me(the announcers didn’t say anthing about it) but I thought half a dozen blows to the back of the head was illegal, dangerous and grounds for a DQ. I don’t doubt Lashley was hurt badly and taken to the hospital on a stretcher. He was hit repetedly in the back of the head and the referee did nothing.

Since he couldn’t continue due to illegal blows, it should have been a DQ win for Lashley. Hell, he won both rounds. He neeeds to train harder though and train more in Denver and less in Florida and California. He was pretty gassed. A bunch of illegal blows were allowed in multiple fights. I hope it doesn’t take someone getting killed to tighten up some of this bullshit. We have this shit in MMA, we have Arthur Abraham and Antonio Margarito in boxing pulling super giant bullshit and getting little to no penalty for it. I’m tired of it.

[quote]Pretzel Logic wrote:
I hope it doesn’t take someone getting killed to tighten up some of this bullshit. We have this shit in MMA, we have Arthur Abraham and Antonio Margarito in boxing pulling super giant bullshit and getting little to no penalty for it. I’m tired of it.[/quote]

Margarito should go to prison for his shit.

But Abraham???

Please tell me you’re joking.

HE was the one who was railroaded.

This is something I also noticed, the reffing was really not on par with the level of the show they were asked to ref.
As said before, with illegal blows I would be an asshole but I would instantly DQ if I saw bad intentions behind it or if it was repeatedly done. In the heat of the fight a lost blow hits too close to the back of the head I would warn them, but repeatedly… GTFO and DQ…

If the fighter in question keeps doing it in multiple fights he is out the organization, easy as that!
You may say that it is too harsh but if you sign a contract and you agree to the terms of the fight (rules, weight, etc…) then you have to keep to those rules.

The reffing was awful but I thought the card was pretty good. Noons had that fight in the bag no matter what. He was uncorking that left hook in the flow of the flurry. Gurgel was gonna get tagged with that no matter if it came at the start of the round or in the parking lot outside. Noons has some killer hands. Left during the 3rd rd of the Kennedy fight but caught the rest later.

That guy has the stiffest hips I’ve ever seen from a fighter that’s made it as far as he has. He moves like Robocop. Lashley has nothing but size and strength. It was kind of hard to watch him just smother the guy and drop noogies for 90% of the fight. And for all of his size and strength he doesn’t seem to be able to hold mount against someone who knows how to defend it. Again, I liked the card.