Strikeforce: Diaz VS Daley

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Yeah, that Diaz sure does suck. He just keeps winning though…ah it must be luck.[/quote]
Holy shit!!! I like Zeb for once.

[quote]Beast27195 wrote:

[quote]humble wrote:

[quote]sardines12 wrote:

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:

[quote]kaisermetal wrote:

Nick Diaz would rape GSP

[/quote]

Lmao

GSP is probably the one UFC fighter of whom the hype is 100% justified. GSP would make diaz his bitch. Takedowns all night long, jabathon on a the feet.[/quote]

georges would get beat on the feet at the very least[/quote]

Impossible.
Everyone rages about Diaz’s boxing. It sucks balls. He’s just so akward and thrashes so hard that he overcomes everyone elses lacklustre boxing in MMA. He knows how to get peoples ego’s fighting instead of their heads and so makes what he wants with them. GSP is far too skilled, technical, calm and not rattled by that crap to lose to his lacklustre boxing. Had Daley remained a little more disciplined he could have seriously troubled him but he went into his world and lost out.

GSP would eat Diaz all day.
[/quote]

Diaz is awkward and he swarms with his punches. That alone makes his opponents abandon discipline and go wild. Daley is WAY better at striking, yet you couldn’t tell on Saturday. No way in hell Diaz should have gotten back up after those knockdowns. Everyone hypes Diaz’s boxing, but it’s fucking garbage! GSP would rape that dude. And smile while doing so. And Melendez doesn’t impress me. He’s good, but not great. [/quote]
Yeah tooling Kawajiri and Aoki, he’s just okay. You guys are worse than the idiots on Shertard. I never said he’d beat GSP, but it’d be competitive at the very least. And i honestly see Gilbert beating Gray and Frankie. He’s like a more explosive Frankie with better punching power.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Yeah, that Diaz sure does suck. He just keeps winning though…ah it must be luck.[/quote]

Jesus no one is saying the dude sucks

But he has fought one notable striker (Daley) and Daley almost ended his night.

Now obviously GSP doesn’t have nearly the same power punching ability of Daley, but GSP is far better on his feet than most people give him credit for, and the perfect thing is, if he ever feels like the standup is about to go south, he just smoothly transitions into wrestling, an area which he’s very dominant at.

Diaz suck? No. But serious contender for GSP? fuck no.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Now obviously GSP doesn’t have nearly the same power punching ability of Daley, but GSP is far better on his feet than most people give him credit for, and the perfect thing is, if he ever feels like the standup is about to go south, he just smoothly transitions into wrestling, an area which he’s very dominant at.

Diaz suck? No. But serious contender for GSP? fuck no.[/quote]
Nick has a very good guard it isn’t like GSP would be safe there either. What fighter has GSP faced with as good of a guard? Answer wisely or risk sounding stupid.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

He hasn’t really fought anyone at the level of the top UFC WW division since 2007ish…

It’s hard to say you are the best when you don’t fight the best, and the UFC WW division IMHO is on the whole much more talented than the SF division.

In fact the SF HW division is probably their only division that on the whole isn’t an entire level below where the UFC is now.

[quote]sardines12 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Nick has a very good guard it isn’t like GSP would be safe there either. What fighter has GSP faced with as good of a guard? Answer wisely or risk sounding stupid.[/quote]

Are you serious homie?

BJ Penn

[quote]kaisermetal wrote:

Nick Diaz would rape GSP

[/quote]

Lmao

GSP is probably the one UFC fighter of whom the hype is 100% justified. GSP would make diaz his bitch. Takedowns all night long, jabathon on a the feet.[/quote]

yeah, i forgot that AS dude is pretty much only hype.

[quote]sardines12 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Nick has a very good guard it isn’t like GSP would be safe there either. What fighter has GSP faced with as good of a guard? Answer wisely or risk sounding stupid.[/quote]

Are you serious homie?

BJ Penn[/quote]
How many submissions does BJ have from his back?

There is an obvious bias against Diaz and It’s not hard to figure out why, he’s a jerk. Too many times people make a decision with their hearts and not their minds. Those who are arguing against Diaz skill level are doing so because they don’t like him, or at least his public persona. Try to get over yourselves. Diaz is a very good fighter with an unorthodox striking game and a very good ground game. And at 6’ 1" he’s a very big welterweight. And he’s got a big set of balls to back it up.

In short, he has a lot going for him. I don’t know if he would beat GSP. I do know that on any given night any of the top 5, maybe 10 are capable of winning the title, I think its’ that close. His record of 25-7 should tell the anti Diaz crowd that the guy is for real and a threat to anyone.

Try to figure this one out with your heads and leave your opinion of how he acts out of the equation. Are you capble of doing that? Most “fans” are not.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
There is an obvious bias against Diaz and It’s not hard to figure out why, he’s a jerk. [/quote]

This is true. I want this guy to get beat because he’s a bit of an arrogant cunt.

That said, I find his record thoroughly unimpressive and would love to see him in the UFC against some proper competition.

Talking about his jits, it’s not like he’s throwing up triangles every fight (2 subs off his back, counting the gomi one?), so I wouldn’t use that as an argument to call him a more dangerous grappler than Penn. Besides, I don’t think he’s ever faced a wrestler with GSP’s top control, or as fluent an MMA striker.

I’m going on record saying he’ll never crack the UFC WW Top 3. I’ll try not to participate in any more speculation and/or dick measuring.

I like Diaz, he’s always fun to watch. I know you shouldn’t use the dreaded “well fighter A beat fighter B, and fighter B beat fighter C, so fighter A bould beat fighter C”, but Diaz did lose to Sanchez, Riggs, and Sherk.

[quote]sardines12 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

GSP fought Penn, the Jiu Jitsu prodigy, so I think his guard is as good as Diaz.

I don’t dislike Diaz at all. I love the guy, love the attitude and the no holds barred verbals. He wears his heart on his sleeve, reminds me of the lads where I grew up. But a spade is a spade. He doesn’t suck as a fighter at all. He’s all round good and as people have pointed out, he keeps winning but you’d have to be retarded or completly oblivious to true boxing to claim Diaz has excellent boxing. He’s good at swarming opponents, as someone said has big balls and is mostly bigger than his opponents. His walk up unmovable style also makes him hard to deal with as he doesn’t play the give and take game which so many mma fighters are conditioned into. ie you hit me, move to the left now I hit you. blah blah.

I think eventually if Diaz keeps winning, it’s unavoidable for him to face GSP.

[quote]fnf wrote:

[quote]sardines12 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

GSP fought Penn, the Jiu Jitsu prodigy, so I think his guard is as good as Diaz.[/quote]

this literally makes no sense at all, and for the millionth time BJ PENN IS NOT KNOW FOR HIS GUARD!!!

Awesome… why I love him irrespective. lol

Just says it.

and the remix lol

[quote]sardines12 wrote:

[quote]fnf wrote:

[quote]sardines12 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

GSP fought Penn, the Jiu Jitsu prodigy, so I think his guard is as good as Diaz.[/quote]

this literally makes no sense at all, and for the millionth time BJ PENN IS NOT KNOW FOR HIS GUARD!!![/quote]

uhhhh…he’s known for shutting down everyone (but GSP) from his back… i think the big difference is his takedown defense is a lot better, and he’s faced a lot more top wrstler-MMA types.

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:

[quote]sardines12 wrote:

[quote]fnf wrote:

[quote]sardines12 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

this literally makes no sense at all, and for the millionth time BJ PENN IS NOT KNOW FOR HIS GUARD!!![/quote]

uhhhh…he’s known for shutting down everyone (but GSP) from his back… i think the big difference is his takedown defense is a lot better, and he’s faced a lot more top wrstler-MMA types.[/quote]
no, no he isn’t do any of you fucktards watch mma?

I hate to say it, but Keith Sardine is right. He has a hell of a guard, but we’ve only seen it in Hughes II.

This is off topic though. Personally I don’t think Diaz would do much to GSP from the guard. He’s had lesser guys in his guard and was stifled, and expectedly so. People are just hyping his guard up because he caught an armbar on a very gassed BJJ Blackbelt in Cyborg.

That said, it doesn’t detract from the fact that Diaz has one of the most dangerous top games at WW.

[quote]sardines12 wrote:

[quote]fnf wrote:

[quote]sardines12 wrote:

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Whoops, I was actually thinking of BJ’s total Jiu Jitsu skills and not his guard. My bad.

[quote]fnf wrote:

Whoops, I was actually thinking of BJ’s total Jiu Jitsu skills and not his guard. My bad.[/quote]

hahaha

NO BRO DONT YOU FUCKING WATCH UFC

Really I could go the opposite route and ask when has diaz ever overcome the level of competition present in the UFC WW div?