Stretchmarks from Squats

Recently I’ve been hitting legs twice a week. My legs have always been small compared to my upper body because when I was younger I never lifted legs. Now that I’m wiser, and hitting my whole body, I’ve noticed that I’m getting red what I believe to be stretch marks all over my a*s.

Online i was reading that red marks are “fresh” and they will fade to white, but I’m just wondering if anyone else has this knows how to prevent this. I’ve gained about 20 pounds in the last few months which I think has to do with it but I’m still relatively low bodyfat.

\ive heard to rub the stretch mark area with cocoa butter but I’m more a fan of just ignoring. Ive been squatting for years but earlier this year I did the 6 Week squat program and got some new stretch marks to show from it.

i have stretch marks on my VMO and sides of my knees.

The only way to prevent is to gain the weight or size slowly enough that your skin/collagen can keep up with it. and obviously get your nutrients for enhanced skin health.

Prenatal vitamins?

You must be doing some deep ass squats for that to happen.

[quote]harrypotter wrote:
You must be doing some deep ass squats for that to happen.[/quote]

The deepest

And these marks are permanent correct? I just got up to 212lbs at 6’. My ultimate goal is to get to 225 then cut up but I don’t want to keep getting stretch marks

[quote]JC529 wrote:
Online i was reading that red marks are “fresh” and they will fade to white, but I’m just wondering if anyone else has this knows how to prevent this?.[/quote]

Yes, it is actually quite easy to prevent.
If you don’t want stretch marks, ass or otherwise, then stop lifting.
Serious.
If you are lifting seriously you are going to get stretch marks.
Accept your fate or quite now and look like balls and have the stretch marks anyway lol

[quote]andrew_live wrote:
\ive heard to rub the stretch mark area with cocoa butter but I’m more a fan of just ignoring. Ive been squatting for years but earlier this year I did the 6 Week squat program and got some new stretch marks to show from it.[/quote]

Okay. Lol I just never even thought about stretch marks until all of a sudden they were all over

Leave 'em. Chicks dig 'em.

Just tell them that they are scars, from when you were in Alaska hunting wolverines…

no one mentioned tanning them out eh? does seem to help a little.

Is your bare ass on display routinely enough for this to be a serious concern? Just curious.

I had it from doing deadlifts. It looked pretty bad at the time, but a couple of years down the road and they’re barely visible. Yeah you could try cocoa butter or bio oil. No guarantee that it’ll work, but it couldn’t hurt.

when I started doing KB swings with an 80 lb KB a good 5 times a week I developed stretch marks radiating outward from the base of my ball sack. kinda scary they were so red and stretched out like they were about to split open. I was fine with that but the compromised skin chafed so much I had to waddle like a 400 lb china man.