T Nation

Stretchmarks: From Losing or Gaining?

Hey, been lifting for 4 months, nearly 5. Have gained 2 stone and 12 pounds, and am gaining strength every session.

I for the last 3 weeks have been thinking: I can do with losing some gut now! So have started a low carb high protien diet. Concentrating on carbs in the morning to break my fast and carbs after a workout, no other time if I can help it. So far have lost one pound! Down now to 13 stone and 6. Which to be honest, made me feel bad for the wrong reason. I want to still be growing deep down and cant deal with watching the weight go down, and now have noticed red stretch marks on myt triceps.

Are these there because i am losing weight, or have they been there since I gained it?

need words of guidance and encouragement guys, sad but true

They’re there because you gained weight - skin stretches if weight gain is rapid.

Now, you say you’ve gained 2 stone AND 12lbs? That’s around 40lbs in 4 months.

Are you insane? Did you start off anorexic-like or are you just eating like an idiot?

horrible camera phone pic and no I do not have the defination I should but you can see my stretch marks from gaining a few inches on my arms.

dont worry about it they will fade later its a way of life you have them deal with it,not much else you can do

I will try and get a better pic to show you what I mean

nope cant manage it with my phone I move too soon all the time
oh well

go ahead make fun of it now …

point is that stretch marks happen dont fret over it

[quote]Nich wrote:
horrible camera phone pic and no I do not have the defination I should but you can see my stretch marks from gaining a few inches on my arms.

dont worry about it they will fade later its a way of life you have them deal with it,not much else you can do

I will try and get a better pic to show you wha tI mean
[/quote]

Shameless plug to show your 19" guns?

:smiley:

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Nich wrote:
horrible camera phone pic and no I do not have the defination I should but you can see my stretch marks from gaining a few inches on my arms.

dont worry about it they will fade later its a way of life you have them deal with it,not much else you can do

I will try and get a better pic to show you wha tI mean

Shameless plug to show your 19" guns?

:D[/quote]

it took alot this 19" “gun” is a months old progress pic that I use to document my personal progress.

I am very embarrassed with it actually because of the amount of fat I have on it
if i would be toatally leaned out like I should I would guess it to be around 17" or so.

I know you were messing around but still. I used it to show that I am pale with my fair share of stretch marks and theres more to be embarrassed with than a mark that shows youve grown

yeah dont think its possible to get stretchmarks when your losing weight lol

[quote]Nich wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
Nich wrote:
horrible camera phone pic and no I do not have the defination I should but you can see my stretch marks from gaining a few inches on my arms.

dont worry about it they will fade later its a way of life you have them deal with it,not much else you can do

I will try and get a better pic to show you wha tI mean

Shameless plug to show your 19" guns?

:smiley:

it took alot this 19" “gun” is a months old progress pic that I use to document my personal progress.

I am very embarrassed with it actually because of the amount of fat I have on it
if i would be toatally leaned out like I should I would guess it to be around 17" or so.

I know you were messing around but still. I used it to show that I am pale with my fair share of stretch marks and theres more to be embarrassed with than a mark that shows youve grown
[/quote]

Unless you are morbidly obese that is progress to be proud of.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
Nich wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
Nich wrote:
horrible camera phone pic and no I do not have the defination I should but you can see my stretch marks from gaining a few inches on my arms.

dont worry about it they will fade later its a way of life you have them deal with it,not much else you can do

I will try and get a better pic to show you wha tI mean

Shameless plug to show your 19" guns?

:smiley:

it took alot this 19" “gun” is a months old progress pic that I use to document my personal progress.

I am very embarrassed with it actually because of the amount of fat I have on it
if i would be toatally leaned out like I should I would guess it to be around 17" or so.

I know you were messing around but still. I used it to show that I am pale with my fair share of stretch marks and theres more to be embarrassed with than a mark that shows youve grown

Unless you are morbidly obese that is progress to be proud of.[/quote]

not mobidly as some.

I am obese though
5’8" hovering around 300 pounds down to low 20s bf last checked was 23%

I have not gained any weight since the start of this year but my size has changed higher in the arms and legs and lower in the waist,I am starting to get tapered more than just round.

I have gained about 3 inches on biceps in 5 months with no gain in body weight.

The stretch marks just show up a little more when you lose weight. If you’re young and they weren’t too bad they should fade.

I suggest huge amounts of body hair to cover them if you’re concerned. Works for me.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
They’re there because you gained weight - skin stretches if weight gain is rapid.

Now, you say you’ve gained 2 stone AND 12lbs? That’s around 40lbs in 4 months.

Are you insane? Did you start off anorexic-like or are you just eating like an idiot?[/quote]

look at my pics in profile i weighed 10st 9

had no muscle but and have been eating like mad and working out like i was being paid for it. i never thought i would be this strong. i have a 14.9 thereabouts inches biceps- (not very fat but not very defined, but solid, I only train for atrophy. ) -which is nothing i know, but give a year, give me 2. fuckit gimme 10.

thanks everyone. I had a small doubt in myself.
keep beating myself uo that ive dropped to only 3 workouts again per week. need to do 5 i keep telling myself. Fukkit I’ll do 5 when the baby needs to be watched less!

cheerz fellas

[quote]Naturanabolic wrote:
(not very fat but not very defined, but solid, I only train for atrophy. ) [/quote]

this typo cracked me up. unless you meant to say “hypertrophy”, i really encourage you to reconsider your goals. not sure you ought to be working towards atrophy…
dan

I have stretch marks up and down my thighs, on my biceps, front and rear delts, and triceps.

[quote]LiarPantsOnFire wrote:
Naturanabolic wrote:
(not very fat but not very defined, but solid, I only train for atrophy. )

this typo cracked me up. unless you meant to say “hypertrophy”, i really encourage you to reconsider your goals. not sure you ought to be working towards atrophy…
dan
[/quote]

FUCK ME i say hytrophy one time get told i mean atrophy, then this and that fukit.

I WANT TO BE STRONGER . MASSIVELY STRONGER. ITS WORKING. FUCK TONE

[quote]Naturanabolic wrote:
Hey, been lifting for 4 months, nearly 5. Have gained 2 stone and 12 pounds, and am gaining strength every session.

I for the last 3 weeks have been thinking: I can do with losing some gut now! So have started a low carb high protien diet. Concentrating on carbs in the morning to break my fast and carbs after a workout, no other time if I can help it. So far have lost one pound! Down now to 13 stone and 6. Which to be honest, made me feel bad for the wrong reason. I want to still be growing deep down and cant deal with watching the weight go down, and now have noticed red stretch marks on myt triceps.

Are these there because i am losing weight, or have they been there since I gained it?

need words of guidance and encouragement guys, sad but true
[/quote]

Dude I think you’re pregnant.

To quote myspace/facebook/perve on msn “pics pls”

2 stone 12 pounds is almost 18kg!

I think at your weight the exertion and “active burn” (ie muscle burning energy throughout) the day is going to make you lose weight faster than you are going to put it on in terms of muscle.

I could be completely wrong. In fact what might happen is that your weight will stay relatively constant maybe ± 10% but your ratios of muscle/fat will change (for the better).

I think a steady head and maybe fortnightly review of progress will be a good way to go. As you will be able to assess your progress and food goals.

In my case I am doing SS and I thought I could progress without recording food macros. But no, my lifts have going up slowly which is good however not as fast I would like. So I FitDay’d my daily intake for a rest day and guess what 2000kcals with 134g protein …fat lot of good that will do for progression for a 6ft 2" 84kg guy.

Hopefully you’ll get my point. I wish good success.

Well technically speaking, stretch marks can occur during both weight gain and loss. Just that one, you’ll wind up with loose skin along with it. ;). Once again, it varies from individual to individual. Collagen elasticity.

I really have stopped worrying, im lifting more each week and at the end of the day I feel fucking great. I used to be so scrawny it was stupid. Im just glad to be . ya know.

[quote]Nich wrote:

Unless you are morbidly obese that is progress to be proud of.

not mobidly as some.

I am obese though
5’8" hovering around 300 pounds down to low 20s bf last checked was 23%

I have not gained any weight since the start of this year but my size has changed higher in the arms and legs and lower in the waist,I am starting to get tapered more than just round.

I have gained about 3 inches on biceps in 5 months with no gain in body weight.

[/quote]

Not to seem like an asshole, but i think your bullshitting us with your BF% 5’8" 300lbs 23% bodyfat?

I’m 5’10 210 and im between 19-20% BF…I dont think 80-90 more lbs than me would equal just 3% bodyfat?

Ohh yeah NaturalAnabol, keep up the enthusiasm…Your making great gains, but once the gains slow down, thats the true test of your dedication to training