Stretching Your Shin Bones for Height?

Ok so I didn’t really know where to post this but I figured this forum might work. I’ve known about this ‘method’ for growing taller for a while now but I haven’t put too much thought into actually doing it as I’m not really that short. What you are supposed to do is run for like an hour at night with ankle weights on and then sit on something high with weights strapped to your feet and then go to bed. The running causes small fractures in your shin bone, the weights stretch them out and they heal over night. Supposedly you can gain like 1/8 an inch a week by doing this.

My question is what happens to your Achilles tendon and calf muscles? I’m looking at this from the stand point of being able to run faster/jump higher. I know guys that have longer Achilles tendons can naturally jump higher. Would doing something like this actually stretch your tendon out? Or would it come from the calf?

You should not believe everything you read on the internet.

Small fractures = the bone is “dented”, not off = filling in the dent won’t make the bone longer

Breaking it off completely and letting it heal without putting the pieces all the way back together would work.

Judging from that post, you’re young enough for a good cycle of GH to work wonders! Nolvadex might work too.

http://www.easyheight.com/shin_routine1.htm

[quote]kakno wrote:
Small fractures = the bone is “dented”, not off = filling in the dent won’t make the bone longer
[/quote]

I’m struggling to see how that makes sense… How do the bone get ‘dented’ by running with ankle weights. I guess I don’t see how dented and fracture correlate.

I’m not here to try and prove this right or something. Maybe I am just dumb. I know people can have surgery to lengthen their shins; where they really do break the bone and make it longer somehow. What happens to your achilles in that situation though? That’s all I’m wondering.

[quote]IC3MAN wrote:
http://www.easyheight.com/shin_routine1.htm[/quote]

[quote]aeyogi wrote:
You should not believe everything you read on the internet.[/quote]

[quote](from the link you posted)
Warning: Below are only theories & assumptions. There are insufficient scientific data to support such claims.[/quote]

How short are you? If it’s a problem, go to a doc and get some GH.

Or just become really fucking good at drawing.

I’m not short. I’m almost 5’ 10’'. That’s not the point of this thread.

From my original post…"My question is what happens to your Achilles tendon and calf muscles? I’m looking at this from the stand point of being able to run faster/jump higher. I know guys that have longer Achilles tendons can naturally jump higher. Would doing something like this actually stretch your tendon out? Or would it come from the calf? "

BONEZ

Microfractures doesn’t mean that the leg is completely off at 2 million places. It means that some junctions are damaged. The pic above is extremely exaggerated. Osteoblasts fill in the dent so to speak.

Break it off completely… other story.

You’re 18, there’s still time to do something that works.

[quote]IC3MAN wrote:

From my original post…"My question is what happens to your Achilles tendon and calf muscles? I’m looking at this from the stand point of being able to run faster/jump higher. I know guys that have longer Achilles tendons can naturally jump higher. Would doing something like this actually stretch your tendon out? Or would it come from the calf? " [/quote]

No. It would not get longer. It’d get shorter relative to the tibia and you’d get a bunch of problems.

I’m of course talking about what happens when you actually lengthen your tibia.

That tendon won’t stretch. It’s like stretching your keyboard.

[quote]kakno wrote:

[quote]IC3MAN wrote:

From my original post…"My question is what happens to your Achilles tendon and calf muscles? I’m looking at this from the stand point of being able to run faster/jump higher. I know guys that have longer Achilles tendons can naturally jump higher. Would doing something like this actually stretch your tendon out? Or would it come from the calf? " [/quote]

No. It would not get longer. It’d get shorter relative to the tibia and you’d get a bunch of problems.

I’m of course talking about what happens when you actually lengthen your tibia.

That tendon won’t stretch. It’s like stretching your keyboard.

[/quote]

So the stretch would come from your calf muscles?

What? If your tibia is suddenly an inch longer, yes the triceps surae (fancy ass word for gastrocnemius and soleus) will stretch a little to adapt over time. Same thing would happen if you stretched them all the time.

Seeing as you won’t stretch your tibia… WTF?