Stretching / Flexibility

Quick question: if I’m regularly doing the Magnificent Mobility routines and using a foam roller, does that have my stretching/flexibility work covered? I don’t need to do static stretching as well do I?

The more stretching the better. Stretching allows blood to reach more parts of the muscle becasue you increase surface area. Plus stretching also reduces the risk of injury.

Ok, thanks. So I’ll do some static stretching post-workout, focusing on my weak areas, mainly hamstrings. Why is it that when doing hamstring stretches I often feel tension directly behind my knee? I find it difficult to feel like I’m actually isolating the hamstring.

I have this same issue with certain hamstring stretches. Does anyone know why this is?

dont keep your knee locked at first work to doing that. your hamstring cannot stretch that far yet so it is pulling on the knee. Start to stretch with the knee slightly bent and youll still feel it in the hamstring.

[quote]theflowjob wrote:
dont keep your knee locked at first work to doing that. your hamstring cannot stretch that far yet so it is pulling on the knee. Start to stretch with the knee slightly bent and youll still feel it in the hamstring.[/quote]

Top notch advice. I hurt my knee’s more then a couple of times doing static stretching for my hams. Nothing make me worry more then being 22 and having a sore knee… :slight_smile:

[quote]theflowjob wrote:
The more stretching the better. Stretching allows blood to reach more parts of the muscle becasue you increase surface area. Plus stretching also reduces the risk of injury.[/quote]

I am surprised you havn’t been horribly flamed for this comment yet. A lot of people would disagree. I like to do a little bit of static stretching before squating and deadlifting. But not a lot by any means.