Stretch Marks

as ive noticed since i started gym i was getting them towards my arms and shoulder regines. I was wondering why and how can i get rid of them if there is a way?

That’s exactly where I’m getting mine. Its starting to spred down my biceps a little too. As of now they haven’t gone away even with that pregnant stretchmark cream that I put on them. I’m starting to just accept them as they are since they haven’t gone. Unfortunately I think its still spreading. I just take it as complimenting when my muscles are growing too fast for my skin. Anyway I don’t think the average person is badass enough to confront me about them anyway.

They should go away just loose some more body fat.

^ That won’t work. I barely have much bodyfat in that area as it is. If it were because bodyfat, I wouldn’t even have stretchmarks.

They mean your growing. Look at every muscular guy you can find. They have them there. They’re badass and you should be proud of them. BTW they’ll probably fade and become less noticable over time. Mine are clear now but they started out purple, now you dont even notice them unless you look close.

I’d just get my supplementation correct and rub some cocoa butter/aloe vera/vitamin e/collagin lotion and all that other good stuff on it before i’d go to sleep.

Make sure you’re supplementing with vitamin c, msm, etc. as well.

stretch marks and loose skin suck :frowning:

I’ve had stretch marks on my legs since high school from soccer, I don’t think there is anything you can do about them once you have them.

Looks like the only thing you can do to prevent them is to grow more slowly.

Cocoa Butter.

Stretch marks are cool, they fade when that area stops growing, I notice mine fade but after a good workout they are red again, especially on my lats.

Its true just about every big guy has lots of stretch marks, the only reason you can’t tell is because of lighting/tans, etc.

[quote]Kalle wrote:
they fade when that area stops growing, [/quote]

Kalle thanks for destroying my self-esteem after I said mine have faded. My response for my morale’s sake is that stretch marks and how they look is highly individual/genetic.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Kalle wrote:
they fade when that area stops growing,

Kalle thanks for destroying my self-esteem after I said mine have faded. My response for my morale’s sake is that stretch marks and how they look is highly individual/genetic.

[/quote]

haha your right it does have a lot to do with genetics, I don’t think my skin has much elasticity. I used to rub coco butter, vitamin E, take vitamin e everyday but it didn’t make a difference so i have just came to accept them.

Thanks for the insight peoples, i heard palmers coca butter is a good product what u peepz think?

They heal overtime. No real solution to get rid of em.

[quote]TheJoey wrote:
Thanks for the insight peoples, i heard palmers coca butter is a good product what u peepz think?[/quote]

That supposedly helps. I used it when I was younger (20), but it didn’t help. Now I look at them like battle scars. BTW, the answer is not to grow slower. Why slow down muscle growth?

[quote]Kalle wrote:
GetSwole wrote:
Kalle wrote:
they fade when that area stops growing,

haha your right it does have a lot to do with genetics, I don’t think my skin has much elasticity. I used to rub coco butter, vitamin E, take vitamin e everyday but it didn’t make a difference so i have just came to accept them. [/quote]

My skin is the same way. Sucks.

I have a ton of stretch marks from when I was fat (see profile). I pudged out too quick, and had them all up and down my upper arms, along my sides (love handles) and on my back. That said, they are too visible unless you look closely now–they turn clear. It’s scar tissue, and it won’t go away with surgery. Try to keep your skin moisturized and take care of the area from now on. Should help prevent some future marks.

I wish I had badass stretch marks from muscle growth.

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
TheJoey wrote:
Thanks for the insight peoples, i heard palmers coca butter is a good product what u peepz think?

That supposedly helps. I used it when I was younger (20), but it didn’t help. Now I look at them like battle scars. BTW, the answer is not to grow slower. Why slow down muscle growth?[/quote]

I think he meant gain weight slower and more leanly(is this a word?).

I have stretch marks on my lower back, they come only when im sitting in the computer chair to much, or if im lifting with my back alot. but then they go away after a few hours. if you can answer why my back does that, that would be awsome!

If they go away, they’re not stretch marks.

God, I have the WORST stretchmarks. People say everyone who lift weights gets them… but it’s odd because I NEVER see anyone with them in my gym. And it didn’t look like they tanned at all.

I thought the ones on my right biceps was never going to disappear. Then I used cocoa butter and it’s a lot lighter. But now, I got even fresher/bigger ones on my left bicep. You don’t even want to see my pec-delt tie-ins…ugh.

[quote]TheJoey wrote:
Thanks for the insight peoples, i heard palmers coca butter is a good product what u peepz think?[/quote]

I asked my doctor about this product and other products like it. He said that they only work if you apply it when the stretch marks begin and as they are getting worse. He also mentioned that the products don’t work well enough to justify spending money on them and using them.