Stretch Marks

I have a fair amt. of strecth marks in my shoulders/armpit area and in the elbow area. I’ve tried several kinds of cocoa butter, but nothing really seems to work. I was able to lighten them a little bit but thats about. Does anyone know of any thing that works really good?

Stretch marks are badges of honor if gained threw increasing your muscle mass. But to ease the increase of strecth marks use vitamin e lotion.

A suntan, and time.

Ive had my strech marks for a year and a half now. So would Vit. e oil still work for mine?

I have stretch marks running down my inner thigh. Really gnarly looking from leg hypertrophy.

Some will never go away.

Strangely, this is the first time this topic has EVER come up.

I have the same problem, around the inner thigh and some around the butt unfortunatly. Right now i’m using cocoa butter with vitamin e in it, and it has lightened them up slightly, but nothing significant. I too am seeking a cure for my stretch marks. I think that its something that may never be cured.

Yea I hear that, I’ve had em for about 4 years. It would just be nice if there were somethin to get rid of them. Somebody would be pretty rich if they found a cure LOL.

does anybody know anything about this:

they claim it’s good for stretch marks… wondering if there’s validity to that

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Strangely, this is the first time this topic has EVER come up.[/quote]

You’d think this topic would have arisen before. It’s a bodybuilding forum. People have gained and lost massive amounts of weight. But there’s always a novel issue out there.

So… Have you heard about ZMA? What does it do? Is it any good?

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Strangely, this is the first time this topic has EVER come up.[/quote]

LOL

one of my best friend’s pregnant, now personally…i don’t WANT to get rid of my stretch marks, i think they are cool, but to each his own…anyway, she buys this cream (i’m not sure of the name) at the local drug store, and it’s supposed to get rid of them (and she says it’s working)…again, i don’t know the name, but…just ask some random pregnant lady/mom and they should be able to help you out

I’ve always been told that drinking milk
helps keep your skin more pliable, therefore, reduce stretch marks from occuring. I haven’t gotten any new ones since mixing my protein shakes with milk. Too soon to tell though.
A good tan hides mine pretty well, but, I think that they are there for good.
Battle scars !!

i have stretch marks on my innter thighs, really low hips, left bicep and right armpit area. Every sincei started using Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula which i picked up from shoppers drug mart, no new ones have appeared, and thats exactly what its meant to do.

This cream is alot like condoms… perfect for prevention, but once you get em, your stuck for life!

one of my best friend’s pregnant, now personally…i don’t WANT to get rid of my stretch marks, i think they are cool, but to each his own…anyway, she buys this cream (i’m not sure of the name) at the local drug store, and it’s supposed to get rid of them (and she says it’s working)…again, i don’t know the name, but…

just ask some random pregnant lady/mom and they should be able to help you out

There is no cure for stretch marks, but they do fade from red to a silvery color with time. You can try to use moisturizer to help prevent them, but from everything I’ve read it really is more a matter of genetics. If you’re prone to getting them, you’re gonna get them, cocoa butter or not.

That said, I have heard some positive feedback about that Bio oil for treating scars (which is basically what stretch marks are) on a plastic surgery forum - but I have no personal experience with it.

I have also heard that there may be some new laser treatments for stretch marks, but I don’t know if it is legit or not.

Ya , Ive only been lifting hard for like a year and I developed them in armpit/inner bicep area as well… im only 18, 6 feet tall and weighing in at 185 and Ive already got stretch marks… ya cocoa butter didnt work for me either

I’ve had horrible stretch marks almost as long as i can remember, and when talking to my doctor this past week he mentioned new surgeries are available to get rid of them. essentially what it is is a lack of collagen in said area of the skin, producing a thinner layer of skin (which you probably already know).

Some dermatologists are offering surgies which a laser is shot basically all over your stretch marks, which stimulates collagen production. This however is not a cure, even though it is said to work pretty well, and sometimes repeated procedures are necessary.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Strangely, this is the first time this topic has EVER come up.

You’d think this topic would have arisen before. It’s a bodybuilding forum. People have gained and lost massive amounts of weight. But there’s always a novel issue out there.

So… Have you heard about ZMA? What does it do? Is it any good?[/quote]

I’m pretty sure he was being sarcastic. It’s been discussed here quite a bit. A search brings up pages of stretch mark threads.

I read on here a while back about someone using vitamin e, coupled with tanning to at least make them pretty much invisible.

After I started lifting again a few weeks ago, I made some old stretch marks on my legs “reappear”, or at least they suddenly started getting more visible.

I went to the nearest pharmacy, got some vitamin e capsules for eating, now twice in the last 1-2 weeks I’ve bitten into one of these, and applied the oil to my marks and they’ve faded quite a bit.

I did this more out of curiosity than anything else, so I haven’t been very diligent with this, but at least it suggests to me that daily appliance of some e-vitamin might be helpful.