Stretch Marks

I’ve posted this before and all I got was a link that had nothing to do with my question on stretch marks.

I doubt I’m the only one that got these from lifting. I went from 140 to about 200 lbs in a little over a year and now I got stretch marks all over my thighs and ass. I would like to know what other people’s experience was with this. I know I can improve the stretch marks with creams, but do they go away after a while without creams?

I imagine John Berardi got stretch marks when he gained 60 lbs. in 6 months.

They fade with time, they never go away. It’s an individual thing too. Nobody can give you a definitive answer on your disfigured ass.

Sometimes it fades, usually not completely. Frequent use of lotion may (or may not) help. Tanning won’t make them go away, but will make them more subtle.

I have read that vitamin E oil is good for stretch marks. You can get it in a bottle so that you don’t have to break the capsules. Rub it directly on your skin.

[quote]FamilyMan wrote:
I have read that vitamin E oil is good for stretch marks. You can get it in a bottle so that you don’t have to break the capsules. Rub it directly on your skin.[/quote]

…and after that, you will still have stretch marks.

Yeah I’ve tried all the things above. My finacee even wants to try some girlie type of stretch mark remover on me. I’m skeptical to say the least. I even heard of laser surgery but I certainly dont have the $$$.

The best idea, which hardly helps now, is prevention. Vitamin E on area prone to stretching. Plus trying to avoid getting too big too fast. Sounds silly, but when I first started to lift, I used creatine at the same time. Not a good idea. Sure I was strong like an ox, but I ballooned and got some forever ugly stretch marks around the armpit area.

If you want to be the best husband ever, and your wife gets pregnant, help apply some vitamin E to her stomach to avoid stretch marks. I’m sure she would be forever grateful.
-T

The color will fade over a few years, the texture will never go away. Once the skin is damaged like that it never goes back. I have stretch marks in several places from a large weight gain about 8 years ago(unfortunately it wasn’t muscle), in the abdomen and upper arms mainly and while the color has faded the marks are still the same texture as in the beginning. Of course your mileage may vary.