Stretch Marks?

Do any of you guys have stretch marks due to bodybuilding and growing to fast?

And if so, how do you view them?

Check the thread in T-Cell Alpha on this subject.

I think if they are due to muscle and not fat, they’re fine and can even be attractive.

Yeah, they’re definitely cool if someone’s muscular and lean (meaning they’re from weight lifting). But if they’re due to being overweight, not so much.

I view them as battle scars. I have them all over my lats, some on my lower back, alot on my biceps, and a few on my shoulders.

Another thing is that they look better once they’ve blended in with normal skin tone. I hate it when they’re purple.

Yes.

With my eyes.

[quote]Master Amino wrote:
Yeah, they’re definitely cool if someone’s muscular and lean (meaning they’re from weight lifting). But if they’re due to being overweight, not so much.

I view them as battle scars. I have them all over my lats, some on my lower back, alot on my biceps, and a few on my shoulders.

Another thing is that they look better once they’ve blended in with normal skin tone. I hate it when they’re purple. [/quote]
Oh, so they get better? I have them everywhere and they’re bright red spots/stripes and even have texture. They’re the worst on my armpits/biceps and people ask me if I’m on steroids when they see them (not because I’m big, but because they seem to think that you get stretch marks only when on steroids).

They look really disgusting. I hope they fade or something, like you said.

There will always be some texture, but they will fade to a shade or two lighter than your natural skin tone.

[quote]Artem wrote:
Master Amino wrote:

Another thing is that they look better once they’ve blended in with normal skin tone. I hate it when they’re purple.
Oh, so they get better? I have them everywhere and they’re bright red spots/stripes and even have texture. They’re the worst on my armpits/biceps and people ask me if I’m on steroids when they see them (not because I’m big, but because they seem to think that you get stretch marks only when on steroids).

They look really disgusting. I hope they fade or something, like you said.
[/quote]

yeah, plus you’re pretty young so that should help with them fading. Us youngins with our skin elasticity. Lotion the areas with the stretch marks if you want them to go away.

Hehe, i just got a flashback of that scene from silence of the lambs.

“It puts the lotion on its skin…”

A lot of stretch marks aren’t caused by growing too fast, but by simply stretching the skin during workouts. Look at something like weighted pullups. At the bottom position, the skin on your back is going to stretch. A preacher curl is another exercise that can put a lot of stress on the skin. The bottom of a bench press stresses the arm pit area. These are all common sites for stretch marks. If it was just from growing too fast, people’s quads would be covered.

[quote]Thomas Gabriel wrote:
A lot of stretch marks aren’t caused by growing too fast, but by simply stretching the skin during workouts. Look at something like weighted pullups. At the bottom position, the skin on your back is going to stretch. A preacher curl is another exercise that can put a lot of stress on the skin. The bottom of a bench press stresses the arm pit area. These are all common sites for stretch marks. If it was just from growing too fast, people’s quads would be covered. [/quote]

How do fat people get stretch marks just by losing weight and not actually doing anylifting? OR women who get stretches marks after giving birth.

I personally have got them from heavy cleans and going for 1-3 rep maxes

[quote]Thomas Gabriel wrote:
A lot of stretch marks aren’t caused by growing too fast, but by simply stretching the skin during workouts. Look at something like weighted pullups. At the bottom position, the skin on your back is going to stretch. A preacher curl is another exercise that can put a lot of stress on the skin. The bottom of a bench press stresses the arm pit area. These are all common sites for stretch marks. If it was just from growing too fast, people’s quads would be covered. [/quote]

my quads and inner thigh have them all over and it was from first growing too tall too fast, and then building muscle real fast.

Most people don’t have them on their quads because they don’t have enough size in the legs to cause stretch marks.

[quote]tw0scoops2 wrote:
Thomas Gabriel wrote:
A lot of stretch marks aren’t caused by growing too fast, but by simply stretching the skin during workouts. Look at something like weighted pullups. At the bottom position, the skin on your back is going to stretch. A preacher curl is another exercise that can put a lot of stress on the skin. The bottom of a bench press stresses the arm pit area. These are all common sites for stretch marks. If it was just from growing too fast, people’s quads would be covered.

How do fat people get stretch marks just by losing weight and not actually doing anylifting? OR women who get stretches marks after giving birth.[/quote]

Well he did say ‘a lot’ and not all. My understanding is the stretch marks are from the weight gain for fat people and pregnant women.

I have them on my hips and bust from puberty that hit me over one summer. They are barely visible now but I can still see them but I’ve accepted them. They are just one shade lighter than the rest of my skin. I think the ones on my hips have become a tad more visible as my body fat goes down but I don’t know for sure. There isn’t much you can do other than accept them or like them, but they do fade in time.