T Nation

Stretch Marks?

My friend, strongest kid in my grade, has had giant stretch marks since last year on his shoulders and biceps. That was something everybody considers normal by now, but lately I’ve noticed that I’M getting stretch marks also. They’re on the back of my arm and triceps, and get bigger daily. Any suggestions about what to do with them? They’re starting to be an eye sore.

Ask any mother what they did with their stretch marks during pregnancy. Not joking.

You should at least use some kind and hydrating lotion/cream (body milk, baby oil, something like that) ~2-3x per day to keep the skin soft and flexible and to prevent the development of scar tissue

Unless they itch/hurt, its no big deal and they will fade away after some time

True. They will fade after time.
But they never fully go away. Using lotions as the previous poster said will help to minimize them and lessen their appearance but short of medical intervention they are there for good.

Medals of honor.

I want some.

I’ve just started bulking/lifting for 7 weeks now. I can’t WAIT till I get stretch marks. I’m up 12 pounds so far and the inside of my shoulder is starting to look stressed out, but not marks yet. When I get them I’m posting pictures for everyone to see whether they like it or not.

Haha on one hand I’m proud of them, on the other I keep thinking about how they’re permanant.

Thanks for the advice though guys!

[quote]Zelazo wrote:
Haha on one hand I’m proud of them, on the other I keep thinking about how they’re permanant.

Thanks for the advice though guys![/quote]

I’ve got them all over my thighs :slight_smile:

There’s a product called Bio-Oil. Another guy in my kitchen is using it to get rid of some of his burn scars, apparently the stuff is good for stretch marks, too.

I’ll check it out, thanks.

I had them on my chest after todays bench press 10x3 of 230lbs.

i have a few on my biceps/triceps, some on my abs left and right, and i think only 1 on my leg

Stretch marks suck, im covered in them some from lifting and some from being fat. They are near on impossible to get rid of, to just reduce their appearance is an expensive and time consuming exercise so do what you can to get rid of them while they are developing. Bio Oil is great stuff as is palmers after pregnancy body cream with elastin and Q10. Also keep up your water the better hydrated your skin is the better it will stretch with your growth.

Kudos to you though mate for growing faster than your body is naturaly accustomed to, shows your hard work is definantly paying off.

[quote]tubbynewb wrote:
Stretch marks suck, im covered in them some from lifting and some from being fat. They are near on impossible to get rid of, to just reduce their appearance is an expensive and time consuming exercise so do what you can to get rid of them while they are developing. Bio Oil is great stuff as is palmers after pregnancy body cream with elastin and Q10. Also keep up your water the better hydrated your skin is the better it will stretch with your growth.

Kudos to you though mate for growing faster than your body is naturaly accustomed to, shows your hard work is definantly paying off.[/quote]

just say they are all from lifting and be proud of them.

I swear, no one has to know.

If you can see them already it is too late, you are not going to stop them. Just wear them proudly.

Rub coco butter on them. This will help smooth them, and fade them. Or at least it works on preggo’s