Stretch Marks or Broken Veins?

i thought they were scratches at first but my housemate says they look like stretch marks or broken veins so I’m just wanting to know if anyone has gotten them on there back before? cause i have no clue how they got there.

just stretch marks, it happens when ur get to fat the skin is force to expand to accomodate the increase in volume. pregnant women have this on their belly too. u would also get this around ur hips and near arm pit/chest

thanks but im pretty sure its not due to being fat because i had my bf% tested about a week ago and was 8%.

the broken veins peaked my interest because that does distinctly happen to me, particularly in the shoulders.

Just small ones but definitely burst. It doesnt hurt and they do fade but is that a bad sign or anyone have any knowledge about that?

looks like bar rub, altho its a weird region i get it on my traps all the time

cheers for the help so far…it is a weird region and the only place it has come up.

looks like stretch marks…but the middle of your back is strange…research what the guys said above…ill do a quick search

8% BF!!?!!??!? what kind of test did you use?

quick read:

thanks for the input, i had the body fat tested by calipers so i know its not 100% accurate.

[quote]Vaanelo wrote:
just stretch marks, it happens when ur get to fat the skin is force to expand to accomodate the increase in volume. pregnant women have this on their belly too. u would also get this around ur hips and near arm pit/chest[/quote]

Stretch marks occur when you get bigger, not necessarily fatter. If you consider yourself a bodybuilder and don’t have stretch marks you’re probably doing something very wrong.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Vaanelo wrote:
just stretch marks, it happens when ur get to fat the skin is force to expand to accomodate the increase in volume. pregnant women have this on their belly too. u would also get this around ur hips and near arm pit/chest

Stretch marks occur when you get bigger, not necessarily fatter. If you consider yourself a bodybuilder and don’t have stretch marks you’re probably doing something very wrong.[/quote]

it does occur when u get fatter too, its mostly the skins inability to accommodate increase in size, therefore it has to “rip”. i have alot of stretch marks, on my bicep, chest, hips, legs. ur back seems very barrow compared to ur shoulder, so having stretch marks there isnt unusual

I have huge stretch marks on roughly the same part, middle of my back, it happened after I strained really hard trying to lift something when I was 13 or 14. No lie. It wasn’t from getting fat or anything I only weighed around 145lbs back than.

thanks for all the help. i think kalle is on the money with heavy lifting because its the only place its occurred and i’ve been doing alot of max effort lifting.

they look like the begginning of stretch marks, if they get deeper and longer then definatly yes. i have them on my biceps, back, and arm pit area and on my legs where my balls are, and believe me im not fat at all,they come as i make big jumps in gains.

they eventually fade away with time, but if your that concerned then put some of that cream on.

yah man I’ve got the motherload of stretch marks too. Put on a lot of muscle real quick. I’ve researched this and unfortunately all you can hope for is that they fade a little bit. The tear occurs in the 2nd or 3rd layer of skin, so putting lotion on it wont help b/c it cant reach the tear. The real treatment requires the use of a laser. I may be mistaken but I believe it was Zinc that increases the amount of collagen (s/p) your body produces and so reduces the potential for stretch marks.

I’ve never seen stretch marks on someone’s back before though O.o

cheers to all for the help, im not bothered if they are stretch marks just found it weird on the area they have appeared and only on the one side.

Eventually they’ll whiten out if they’re stretch marks.

I have mad stretch marks on my hips from when my squatter’s ass and legs blew up (yay leg genes).

There are lotions to reduce them if you’re self conscious.