Stretch Marks Everywhere, Depressed!

they’ll fade with time.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]jjayoo wrote:
The OP comes here looking for help because he feels shit about himself, about his appearance and he is looking for help. Putting someone down for no other reason than to boost your own internet ego points is a shitty thing to do.

and before you start with the pot calling the kettle black shit I really doubt a guy like X cares or would be affected by my comments. On the other hand a guy with 14 posts could be very affected when one of the most senior members talks down to him.
[/quote]

If a comment about getting used to stretch marks is enough to send someone screaming from the gym for good, they were not going to stay for long anyway.

I am always interested in how you guys look…you know, the ones running around the forum making sure my every comment doesn’t offend someone.[/quote]

Im surprised this is even an issue. I have never once looked upon one of my stretch marks with such disdain that i had to seek help for them.

I can understand not liking them, but seriously, its a cosmetic blemish. When you’re huge and awesome looking people wont realize you have stretch marks on your 19" arms.

And on the issue of skin tone vs stretch mark appearance, my tanning actually minimizes the appearance of stretch marks. Ive had many of them for over 3 years.

topical creams, like vit E, and aloe, are what people have always told me. I personaly think, taking omega’s and fish oils over time helps. I stopped lifting for few years, and when I came back, as I grew I got some ugly streatch marks,once you get closer to your BB goals they will likely bother you less. The more built you are, the streatch marks look less out of place, pro’s all have them, but you don’t notice them.

[quote]AnytimeJake wrote:
pro’s all have them, but you don’t notice them.[/quote]

Correction. You do notice them…if you are looking right at them. The problem is, most of these guys only see people this big IN MAG PHOTOS that have been touched up and airbrushed.

That is why they think you can get swole without them.

new ones look all red and irritated but like I said…a few moneths, years go by they turn white and blend in more, but they’re part of gaining size.

Correction. You do notice them…if you are looking right at them. The problem is, most of these guys only see people this big IN MAG PHOTOS that have been touched up and airbrushed.

That is why they think you can get swole without them.[/quote]
my friend always wonders why bodybuilders have such perfect skin, but I always assumed that the pics were edited.

my older marks have somewhat faded, I’m trying the vitamin E on all the new marks, but if it doesn’t help at all I won’t be depressed. Most good lifters IMO enjoy getting sore and getting stretch marks.

[quote]browndisaster wrote:

That is why they think you can get swole without them.[/quote]
my friend always wonders why bodybuilders have such perfect skin, but I always assumed that the pics were edited.

my older marks have somewhat faded, I’m trying the vitamin E on all the new marks, but if it doesn’t help at all I won’t be depressed. Most good lifters IMO enjoy getting sore and getting stretch marks.[/quote]

Yep, as i said, its one of those things that lets you know you’re doing it right, same with waking up pleasantly (or sometimes brutally) sore.

Pro x, I have seen a few pro’s in person, and your right, but just saying you get to a point where the build overpower’s the streatch marks, to me they are sort of badge of honour,and of all the people here that jump all over every little statement,I accept the fact you have a little knowlage and muscle atleast

Go look at pics of Sean Allan when he is pumping up back stage. That dude is ALL stretch marks when not seen in a mag photo.

Not the best photo (as this is best seen in person or in training vids) but those marks on his legs are all stretch marks. He has the most noticeable of any competitor I have seen up close.

The only place i have stretch marks is on my ass. Covered in them. Reflects how my physique has changed as a whole from bulking up unfortunately

If you really want help with stretch marks then a bodybuilding site/mindset isn’t the best place to look. As a previous poster mentioned a lot of guys don’t really care about stretch marks. Pregnant women on the other hand really care about stretch marks, and appearance is big business. A site for expecting mothers would probably give you a lot more preventative measures.

[quote]jjayoo wrote:
If you really want help with stretch marks then a bodybuilding site/mindset isn’t the best place to look. As a previous poster mentioned a lot of guys don’t really care about stretch marks. Pregnant women on the other hand really care about stretch marks, and appearance is big business. A site for expecting mothers would probably give you a lot more preventative measures. [/quote]

LOL!!!

…and if you feel the need to go there, please refer to my first post.

Please explain how that’s funny. If you want advice about how to reduce strech marks seek advice from big business designed directly for that reason?

[quote]jjayoo wrote:
Please explain how that’s funny. If you want advice about how to reduce strech marks seek advice from big business designed directly for that reason?[/quote]

Gee, because, like my first post implied, BODYBUILDING is about pushing the limits of your body. Stretch marks come with it. There are no huge bodybuilders with no stretch marks. You all have been told this by actual big guys.

If you happen to be the kind of guy who worries THAT much about stretchmarks then why the hell would you be a BODYBUILDER?

LOL. I get the feeling that the logic is being lost.

If you are 227lbs NOW with stretch marks, then you would OBVIOUSLY not try to get any bigger if you try to avoid getting anymore…SINCE GETTING BIGGER IS WHY THE FUCK YOU HAVE THEM.

Been a while since the Crayola ones.

But X why are you posting in this thread. The OP is asking for advice. The world doesn’t revolve around you, just because something doesn’t bother you doesn’t mean it doesn’t bother someone else.

The the biggest point your missing is that 99.999% of people who work out do it to feel good about themselves to improve their quality of life , not to stand on a stage for a few minutes.

[quote]jjayoo wrote:
But X why are you posting in this thread. The OP is asking for advice. The world doesn’t revolve around you, just because something doesn’t bother you doesn’t mean it doesn’t bother someone else.

The the biggest point your missing is that 99.999% of people who work out do it to feel good about themselves to improve their quality of life , not to stand on a stage for a few minutes.

[/quote]

Because if you wanna get big, then some of the best advice you can get is to get used to stretch marks.

[quote]jjayoo wrote:
But X why are you posting in this thread. The OP is asking for advice. [/quote]

Gee, because the proper advice is if you are into bodybuilding DEAL WITH THEM.

It is pretty common knowledge by now that you won’t be getting rid of them with cocoa-butter and Vit-e.

[quote]

The world doesn’t revolve around you, just because something doesn’t bother you doesn’t mean it doesn’t bother someone else. [/quote]

? What does this have to do with revolutions around me? Unless posting in this thread means the world revolves around you, you have no point with this.

? I don’t give a shit about standing on stage either. I also know that you are NOT getting big muscles without stretch marks at all.

[quote]jjayoo wrote:
Please explain how that’s funny. If you want advice about how to reduce strech marks seek advice from big business designed directly for that reason?[/quote]

Well that “big business” is BIG BULLSHIT.

Folks, anything that disrupts the structural integrity of the DERMIS is here to stay permanently! Doesn’t matter if it’s a slash of a knife, a deep burn from acid or the increase in muscle and/or adipose tissue. No amount of topical ointments or lazer therapies are going to fix anything as it pertains to the DERMAL layer.

The only “formula” that works is TIME. They will (as many have already mentioned) diminish in prominence. Hopefully in the meantime your focus will shift to physique progress while you “wait” for them to fade. In other words your priorities and value system will change to the point where you may wonder why you ever gave a shit about the stretch marks in the first place.