Stress/Autonomic Nervous System/Digestion/Erectile Dysfunction

[quote]Hardasnails wrote:

[quote]Bigpete757 wrote:

[quote]KSman wrote:
Liver biopsy?[/quote]

I had not had a liver biopsy and do not know who I would even request that from. My primary, surgeon,?

I have thought about it to check for an infection or some signs of inflammation, but I don’t know if the docs would do it without lab test indicating the need for it. They could do it based on my medical history with this situation, but I am not sure.

Do you think I should request this from a doctor? Thanks.[/quote]

Based upon working with you in the past and knowing more about the immune system. I would defintely look into the cytokins, interluklen, th1, th2 imbalances. This may help govern your therapy in the proper direction. Dealing with gut and stomach issues would add excessive stress to the liver. With lower then normal cholesterol liver the first thing comes to my mind is impaired bile flow not allowing the body to detoxify the heavy metals. FYI if your dr is up to date on lastest research he may want to look into removing biofilm before commensing chelation therapy. Since we have known each other I have been able to make contacts with some of the brightest minds in the field and have access to the update newest trends in alternative medicine. At the time we began working I was just starting to scrap the surface of what I know. Not to many drs knew that giving cortef for a person with suspected lyme disoreder has the ability to have a huge impact on immune system. Blood sugar issues are mainly related to the liver and gut because that is where they are processed before getting into the blood stream. Medical field is always expanding and changing field making it extremely challenging with constant new procedures and information. [/quote]

I agree that imparied bile flow defintely might be causing me some problems. Even when I had just low cholesterol, before the new stomach problems happened. Now with all the pain in RUQ, light colored stools, swelling, etc. It seems something is not right in the bilary drainage system. But what do I do about that. It seems like surgery might be the only option at the point. Please read my post about this section and let me know what you think. Part of me is thinking to just have the surgeon take the gallbladder out and see if that fixes it and the other part is thinking just let him do the exploratory surgery. But I am pretty torn. If he too the gallbladder out and that did not help, at least I know it was not the gallbladder. But my hida scan says its functioning ok.

I also think it possibly could be a blood flow issue in the there. Maybe a small hernia they can’t see or something is pressing on a vein decreasing the blood flow.

Or it could be some kind nerve entrapment that is causing the swelling. However, the main constant thing here is that sometimes I will get clay colored stools and that almost automatically means a problem with the liver or gallbladder, and proabably involving bile.

I looked in the biofilm issue months ago. Studied alot about, met with some docs, did some variation of the biofilm protocol. It did not really help.

I actually live near a very smart doctor who knows alot about heavy metals, chelation, autism, functional medicine, etc. His name is Dr. Bradstreet. I met with him a few times and have a good relationship with him. I actually plan on doing the chelation with him if he says its ok pretty soon. One of the reasons why I waited for the chelation is because it seems like many doctors do not know very much about this subject and would not know what to do if something went wrong or generally did not have much experience.

I am going to talk to Dr. B about using transdermal dmps and oral dmps for chelation. And will test throughout this process. The doc in orlando I am working wants to do IV Calcium EDTA in 15-20 minute pushes and said he getting good results with patients. He uses dmsa, but not dmps. I think dmps is the best mercury chelator and am scared to do IV, so looking for docs who know about transdermal and oral.

Do you think I should try doing the IV pushes of Calcium EDTA with the orlando doc? Keep in mind, this is different than the other EDTA IV where you sit for 3 hours. I was planning on doing it and also going to check with Dr. B as well.

Any other ideas for chelation? I know that chelation subject is controversial in regards to it testosterone affecting it etc., but after my research I agree with you and think it is a possibility in my case. I have had numerous doctors say that heavy metals can affect the endocrine system and it could be a reason why some of the hormone medications I have tried have not worked well for me so far.

I do plan on raising my T however during the process over the next few months. I know it is a little counterproductive to the chelation issue, but I have to get my T levels up asap. Especially now since my body has basically went to shit from the extreme stress/pain swelling abdomen problem that happened 7 months ago. I am just in a position where I really need to rebalance my endocrine system asap to improve my sense of well being and physical body.

I know most of the blood sugar issues are probably related to liver and gut, but what do I do about it. I also know that with my cortisol levels so low, this could be altering my blood sugar somehow. I am handling cortef a little better now that before. I can take some and not feel the same symptoms as what happened the first time.

[quote]PureChance wrote:
have you ever tried adding Betane HCL or Digestive Enzymes with OxBile?[/quote]

I have tried betaine hcl and it made my stomach burn/hurt worst. I have tried digestive enzymes + ox bile and it did not seem to help.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Read these:

http://search.lef.org/search/default.aspx?s=1&QUERY=liver

Above links are different, how they are displayed might look the same.

The December issue of the LEF magazine will be free access in a few weeks. When that happens, it will appear at this link:

There is a good article on fatty liver disease that you must read.[/quote]

Thanks for the links. It does provide some good info about fatty liver. That defintely could be a contributing factor in the situation, but I am not sure it is the only factor. In the next coming months, I will be able to find out more info.

Could you please review my most recent post and let me know you what you think. If you could look over my labs and hormones and my plan with the doc for the hormones I would appreciate it. I know you are very smart in this area and I need some help.

I am trying hard to rebalance my endocrine system asap because my self-confidence and sense of well being has taken a hit, ever since I went through the extreme stress/abdomen situation the past several months. And the impotence issue is making things much worse.

I think if I rebalace my hormones and raise my T soon, this should help out in alot of areas with my health.

FSH and LH do not seem to be the cause of TT that low. Your cholesterol is low, but DHEA is fine and DHEA is what the testes use to male T. So might be indicating that the testes are not working well. But if hCG increases T nicely, then the testes are ok. If I sound like I am confused… I am.

You have to lower E2, that is HPTA repressive and also can mess up libido with any T levels. Your are very estrogen dominant. The only way to deal with this is anastrozole. These E2 levels also suggest that your liver is not removing estrogens as it should, because of a condition or burden of dealing with other drugs. Are you going to take supplements that help the liver?

A MRI would resolve soft tissues better than a CAT scan.

With drugs that lower stomach acid, you will be inducing a vit-B12 deficiency. Oral B12 may not work well, subligual would be best, or try injections, you can co-inject with hCG.

How much vit-D3 are you taking?

Any chance that you have a parasite?

Do heavy metal labs before you do chelation.

Clearly you have digestive issues. I’d try a plant diet for several days to see if your energy levels improve just to isolate this and see if it is bacterial fermentation and yeast growth from an alkaline gut. Cholesterol is low and your stools are weird so malnutrition and this is most likely the case. Low HCL+enzyme secretion produces chronic low grade infection after eating a meal that ferments and sits there.

Your situation sounds a lot like mine.

My digestive problems started around 2 years ago and slowly got worse until I was having gallbladder pain, a swollen liver, light colored stools, alternating constipation (usually at night), and diarhea (usually in the morning)… I was having a lot of abdominal pain in my upper right quadrant while laying in bed at night (Laying down seems to make it worse)

Then my doc sent me in for an ultrasound about 6 months ago, and they found no gallstones. Just a swollen liver, and a mildly dialated bile duct (So they thought maybe something had passed recently). Shortly after my pain seemed to get better gradually over the next couple months and my liver enzymes returned to normal.

About 6 months after going through this, I started having ED issues. I couldn’t even get it up on my own for the first time in my life. The abdominal pain has come back a little, and seems to come and go depending on the day.

Here’s what I’ve found so far that helps me:

Supplements:
GNC Probiotics (This seems to always bring my stool back to the correct color after a couple weeks, and helps with gas, bloating, and pain).
GNC Liver Health (I started this about a month ago because my liver was swollen again, and it seems to have helped keep the swelling under control.)

I’m currently awaiting results from “THE WORKS” blood tests prescribed by my new Endo, so I’ll be following your situation closely since it sounds like our situations are very similar!

Good luck…