So I am currently doing a 4 day training with days off. During my days off I am doing Limbar 11 mobility and mobility training advertised through DeFranco. Its not bad and I can notice the improvement and flexibility with my training.
However, I am starting to get stuck with my main lifts and may need some advice on some assistance exercises you guys may reccommend for me to try. I am open to try new things but I have dont almost everything.
Lately, my work schedule has messed with my training but what I noticed that I am able to perform better and gives me the confidence to increase my weight with specific lifts. For example, for a week or two straight i was basically doing 1 on, 1 off, 1 on, 1 off training which basically was train one day and rest the next and do it for four workout days. Doing this I noticed that my workouts felt more fluid and didnt require me to grind out reps and made me feel more comfortable and motivated to move up on weight. However, I noticed that doing the 4 days straight I could still do the weight but felt more strenous and harder to peform the lifts. Have you guys experience this before or noticed the same???
Below is what my training looks like and I am open to new ideas on how to increase my numbers on the big lifts.
- Front Squat (4 sets of 2 reps)
- Landmine Romanian Deadlift (3 sets of 6-8 reps)
- Band Assisted Glute Ham Raise (3 sets of 8-12 reps)
- Leg Extensions ( 2 sets of 12-15 reps)
- Weighed Hammer Grip Pull Ups (4 sets of 2 reps)
- Incline Chest Support DB Rows (3 sets of 6-8 reps)
- Landmine T-Bar Rows (3 sets of 8-12 reps)
- Underhand Cable Bent Over Rows (2 sets of 12-15 reps)
-Weighted Tricep Dips (3 sets of 6-8 reps)
- Single Arm Cable Extensions (3 sets of 8-12 reps each arm)
- Single Arm DB Rollover Extensions (2 sets of 12-15 reps each arm)
- Standing Overhead Press (4 sets of 2 reps) (Need help to increase numbers on this - I am having difficulties keeping the bar close and need help avoiding the excessive arch once the bar above my nose)
- Standing EZ straight bar behind the neck press (3 sets of 6-8 reps)
- Standing Snatch Grip High Pull (No Hip Drive - Fixed position only) (3 sets of 8-12 reps)
Bent Over Face Pulls with the Rope (2 sets of 12-15 reps)
Hanging Leg Lifts with tilt (3 sets of failure)
- Lunged position palloff press (3 sets of 6-8 reps each side)
- Lying palloff press (2 sets of 12-15 reps each side)
- Moderate to Close Grip Bench (4 sets of 2 reps) (Touch and Go) ( I am having trouble staying tight on the bench and engaging leg drive, however my hamstrings are always sore the following day....am I doing it right then because I still cant get a leg drive in the press)
- Arnold Styling Dumbell Press (Advertised through Supertraining by Mark Bell) (3 sets of 6-8 reps)
- Hammer Strength Press (Paused at bottom) (3 sets of 8-12 reps)
Standing Cable Press (Rotating press - elbows in while pressing elbows out during press movement) (2 sets of 12 - 15 reps)
Biceps ( I wont list the bicep exercises because I dont think it really matters - I am more concern with the other lifts)
Let me know what you guys thinkg but please keep in mind that I want to have powerlilfting/bodybiulding style workout thats why I kept specific exercises and with different rep ranges)