Strength Recovery

Here is my problem. About four months ago the closest person in my life my father died of brain cancer. Needles to say I haven’t hit the weights at all since then from lack of motivation to really do anything. I have eaten like garbage and gained quite a bit of weight. I have finally made the decision to move on and start my life again. I went to the gym today for the first time in a while and I have lost a lot of my strength. My plan is to do two 2 weeks on 4 weeks off cycles of 25mg/day of D-bol. My main goal is strength recovery and fat loss I am not looking to put on much muscle right now as I will be eating around 2500 cal/day. What do you guys think ? My stats are as follows:23 years old, 6’3", 240lbs @ 18-19% BF, training for four years. naturally.

I know what you’re going through man. My brother died last November and I quit working out and put on alot of weight too. I thought about using steroids too because I saw the shell of my former self that I had become. Let me give you this advice: Get back in the gym for 1 month and you will realize that you don’t need roids. You will gain strength and muscle back very quickly but the fat will take a little time. I would suggest giving the fat fast a try. I haven’t done it yet because I’m in school and that would kill my ability to study so I can’t tell how well it works. Anyways, if there is anything else you might want to know just post again. I wish you the best of luck in and out of the gym. The latter being the toughest as I’m sure you’re well aware of. Take care.

Dominic, sorry to hear about your loss. My dad died 3 years ago of lung cancer…it’s tough. I don’t know much about steroids, but I would have to agree with the first post. Go back to the gym and workout, diet, etc. for a month or two. I’m sure you’ll gain the strength back naturally! I’ve been doing the Fat Fast diet for a week now, and it does shed the pounds quick (but you’ll be weak in the gym). Good for you for getting back in the game bro.

I’d save the dbol 'til you’re back in the groove. You know you’re going to have to refresh your ‘neuro control/training’ after a long layoff. Get your body used to lifting again, take advantage of the quick gains most folks get after a layoff, then if you feel you need the dbol have at it.

Thanks guys. Yeah it has been tough as of late and it seems like it would take forever to get back into shape. The funny thing I realized after I posted was that the journey is half the fun. So I think I will give it a month or two as I am also worried about injuring myself from “superficial” strength I may be getting. Anyway thanks for all the replies.