Strength, Power, Mass Baby!

Hey Guys,

I recently made this program and want some feedback from some serious lifters! I am up to the 4th phase and the results are great, but would love to know what others think of it.

It is a 12-week program, the link below will take you to a zip file which has all the programs and info in it.

thanks for your time

Michael Crichton

Why care what others think, if you are happy with your results?

Or do you simply want the whole “pat on the back” routine?

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:

Or do you simply want the whole “pat on the back” routine?[/quote]

Perhaps he would like others opinions so he can improve upon it for his next 12 weeks.

[quote]Apollo1029 wrote:

Perhaps he would like others opinions so he can improve upon it for his next 12 weeks.[/quote]

And bringing the results from “great” to “AWESOME”?

[quote]Apollo1029 wrote:

Perhaps he would like others opinions so he can improve upon it for his next 12 weeks.[/quote]

And bringing the results from “great” to “AWESOME”?[/quote]

I don’t see the problem here. This guy is obviously motivated and wants others opinions, there is no harm in that. Why are you trying to tear him down? This could be the next 5/3/1 for all you know… have you even looked at it?

[quote]Apollo1029 wrote:

[quote]Apollo1029 wrote:

And bringing the results from “great” to “AWESOME”?[/quote]

I don’t see the problem here. This guy is obviously motivated and wants others opinions, there is no harm in that. Why are you trying to tear him down? This could be the next 5/3/1 for all you know… have you even looked at it?[/quote]

Have you?

Hey guys thanks for the input, I am not looking for praise, just simply seeing if I am on the right path as my goal is to become an elite level strength and conditioning coach.

would love any feedback on the program design and session structure.

Wish I had invented something unique such as a 5, 3, 1 however what I have done is utilise training methods/principles to design a 12-week periodised plan with the goals of improving strength, power & mass concurrently.

Try it and let me know :slight_smile:

[quote]Crytonator wrote:
Hey guys thanks for the input, I am not looking for praise, just simply seeing if I am on the right path as my goal is to become an elite level strength and conditioning coach.

would love any feedback on the program design and session structure.

Wish I had invented something unique such as a 5, 3, 1 however what I have done is utilise training methods/principles to design a 12-week periodised plan with the goals of improving strength, power & mass concurrently.

Try it and let me know :slight_smile:
[/quote]

My reaction was a bit on the harsh side, but it is very difficult to judge a program by how it looks on paper. But I guess you know that because of your last comment of trying it. I won’t try it, but the best route for you I guess is to convince some of your local lifters and go from there.

ps: Btw, 531 has hardly anything novel or original in it. I would say people praise it so much, because they are attracted by Wendler’s “charm”. Same with that Ripptoe character. Not saying it doesn’t work, mind you. Why shouldn’t it work is the better question.

no problems infinite! I am not stressed at all bud everyone is entitled to their own opinion and can interpret things however they like. I have got a few of my athletes starting it this off-season however I just want others to have access to it as well as normally programs of this nature cost money (if you have read the program it is not your average program).

[quote]Crytonator wrote:
no problems infinite! I am not stressed at all bud everyone is entitled to their own opinion and can interpret things however they like. I have got a few of my athletes starting it this off-season however I just want others to have access to it as well as normally programs of this nature cost money (if you have read the program it is not your average program). [/quote]

I actually skimmed through the program just now. It certainly doesn’t look bad at all but one general thing comes to my mind here.

My personal experience tells me that a highly structured training approach is
(a) not needed even for intermediate lifters and
(b) is not optimal.

I believe THE best approach to get faster and stronger is to forget about medium-term planning and let your weaknesses AND how you feel determine your training in the short-term (per session or per week). Clearly, this is not original since that is how oly wler, for example, do it.

Of course, there is a place for structured programs. Beginners who don’t have a coach cannot autoregulate and properly identify weaknesses yet. I also imagine that highly advanced athletes might need more structure.

Maybe you can take something from this.

[quote]Crytonator wrote:
no problems infinite! I am not stressed at all bud everyone is entitled to their own opinion and can interpret things however they like. I have got a few of my athletes starting it this off-season however I just want others to have access to it as well as normally programs of this nature cost money (if you have read the program it is not your average program). [/quote]

I actually skimmed through the program just now. It certainly doesn’t look bad at all but one general thing comes to my mind here.

My personal experience tells me that a highly structured training approach is
(a) not needed even for intermediate lifters and
(b) is not optimal.

I believe THE best approach to get faster and stronger is to forget about medium-term planning and let your weaknesses AND how you feel determine your training in the short-term (per session or per week). Clearly, this is not original since that is how oly wler, for example, do it.

Of course, there is a place for structured programs. Beginners who don’t have a coach cannot autoregulate and properly identify weaknesses yet. I also imagine that highly advanced athletes might need more structure.

Maybe you can take something from this.

[/quote]

Thanks for taking a look! yes totally agree that you should listen to what your body is telling you in terms of autoregulation unless you have lots of sports science protocols at your deposal which can help you!

Is he doing it right?

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
Is he doing it right?[/quote]

Hahahaha that’s gold!

Who is the target audience for this?

Hey JP,

My target audience would be intermediate to advanced lifters who are looking for an athletic style type program to gain strength, power and mass. I would not suggest that beginners try a routine like this but it could be scaled down. In terms of a particular sport I think it can be applicable to quite a few, and with a few tweaks here and there, I’m sure using the format would enable a good coach to adjust it to suit their athletes.

What would your thoughts be?

Back to the Top!!