T Nation

Strength: Pop 'em Out

Hmm , Im relatively new to this but here goes, I work at a local home depot and Im a loader and I help customers and contractors load theyre cars and trucks and so forth up. Is loading hundreds of 60 and 80 lb bags of concrete and drywall and doors and such making my strength go up. Also who can give me a good arm and chest workout, someone told me to look for a work out called “pop em out muscles” work out, Id liek to gain about 15-20 lbs of muscle my metabolism is pretty high, so Im willing to bet itll mostly be muscle and a little fat. anyone who can help me Id appreciate it

Why just chest and arms? what are you doing nfor back and legs? or for your shoulders for that matter?

In my experience, no matter how physical your job is, you can still end up a fat mess if you don’t work out ALL your muscle groups.

But thats just me.

Anyways, a good arm exercise is pullups, a good chest exercise is The bench press… and squats.

-Dave

scii2:

You are essentially doing many high reps during your work day. Can this make you stronger…I suppose it can. However, it’s not the ideal way to become stronger. It is more likely to help with your endurance strength. Given the metabolism that you have, I think you might need to cut down on the activity (as if you can stop working…sorry).

If you are out to gain muscle and have a fast metabolism I suggest the following:

1. Squats: 6 sets 15-12-10-8-6-6

2. Pull-ups: 4 sets each set should fall one, or two reps short of failure.

3. Barbell Press: 4 sets 10-10-8-8

4. Deadlifts: 4 sets 10-8-6-6

5. Dips: 4 sets one or two reps short of failure. make sure you do not go down to low as this can create shoulder problems.

You can always substitute Chin-ups for the Pull-ups as Chins will hit more bicep. It’s up to you.

Given your work schedule I would not do much more than the above three times per week. You need to conserve some energy for your work.

Also, remember to eat plenty of fresh healthy food. Don’t be afraid to consume up to 4000 calories, or more per day. And make sure you are eating between 150 and 200 grams of protein per day.

I have not included any cardio or ab work as it seems your job will take care of that end of your training. I have also not included any direct arm work, but I assure you if you work hard on the program above your arms will grow!

Try the above for eight weeks and see if it makes a positive difference in your physique! I bet it will!

If I can help you further don’t hesitate to PM me,

Zeb