What do you think about strength lifting meets? The main difference between strength lifting meets and powerlifting meets is the bench is replaced by a strict press.
A few of the things I like are:
- It is simple
- You weigh in after the meet
- Doesn’t have a ton of different classes (wraps, single ply, multiply) just raw with sleeves
- Strict press is probably a better measure of strength than the bench (you can’t form your way to a big number)
A few things I don’t like:
- Why reinvent the wheel
- I don’t think any high level lifters are going to compete
- Lower total due to strict press vs. bench (nobody wants to report a total with a caveat that they strict pressed instead of bench pressed)
Anyways thought this was interesting that Mark R. is trying to bring his dogma into actual competitions. What are your thoughts?