Strength is a Hell of a Drug

3/6/2015
Conditioning circuit

3/8/2015
Swim clinic session #2

3/9/2015
Conditioning circuit

3/12/2015

Trap bar DL - low handles (superset: band pull aparts x10)
95 x 10
125 x 5
145 x 5
165 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 5

Wide overhand pull-ups w/purple band (superset: trx push-ups x15)
6, 6, 6, 6, 6

KB swings 60#
20 x 3 sets

I found out early this week why I’ve been feeling so constantly shitty. I’m lifting for two!
If my workouts seem sporadic and unprogrammed it’s because it’s a struggle to do anything other than nap or puke. I just do what I feel I can get through without over-doing it. Babe’s allegedly going to be here in November. What an awesome birthday present :slight_smile:

Lurker stopping in, I gotta say ma’am your work is very motivating! Also, a huge congratulations on the baby news!

Congratulations! You might want to avoid electrical work for the time being :slight_smile:

Congratulations! Can’t wait to see the crib, rattle, and pacifiers you weld up!
Think of all the great role models on this site!

[quote]FarmerOwen wrote:
Lurker stopping in, I gotta say ma’am your work is very motivating! Also, a huge congratulations on the baby news! [/quote]

Thanks for dropping by! And thank you :slight_smile:

[quote]LiftingStrumpet wrote:
Congratulations! You might want to avoid electrical work for the time being :)[/quote]

Thanks, Strumpet! My doc said it’s safe to do any activities I did prior to getting knocked up. But I didn’t tell her about that incident :slight_smile:

[quote]silverblood wrote:
Congratulations! Can’t wait to see the crib, rattle, and pacifiers you weld up!
Think of all the great role models on this site![/quote]

Ahahaha, that picture’s perfect! And thank you, we’re psyched!
Should be wicked fun. I have a whole pinterest board of toys to make for the little one!

3/13/2015
Conditioning circuit

3/15/2015
Swim clinic #3

Finally got my new garage gym to a state where I felt I could share it. I still have some minor stuff to do but most of it involves paint so it’ll have to wait for warmer weather.

Here’s how it is set up when I actually use it, I work out in the middle of all that. It looks crowded, and it is, but there’s not much I can’t do in there and that’s more because of the ceiling height than lack of space. The whole area is about 9’ x 12’. The only things I have that aren’t in there are my two tires and some railroad ties.

Sorry for the rapid fire posting about to happen. I took some more detailed pics to really show how it all fits.

[quote]Mighty Matron wrote:
3/12/2015

95 x 10
125 x 5
145 x 5
165 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 5

6, 6, 6, 6, 6

KB swings 60#
20 x 3 sets

I found out early this week why I’ve been feeling so constantly shitty. I’m lifting for two!
If my workouts seem sporadic and unprogrammed it’s because it’s a struggle to do anything other than nap or puke. I just do what I feel I can get through without over-doing it. Babe’s allegedly going to be here in November. What an awesome birthday present :)[/quote]

Congratulations! I recall you saying something in your log last year about starting a family. All the best to you and yours.

Love the pictures of the baby’s playroom. Where’s the blender and changing table?

Congrats on lifting for two. I hope the sickness is not too unbearable. That garage gym looks great. Drilling in to 220 volts sounds like we are lucky you are still posting with us. Be well and stay safe.

[quote]idaho wrote:

[quote]Mighty Matron wrote:
3/12/2015

95 x 10
125 x 5
145 x 5
165 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 5

6, 6, 6, 6, 6

KB swings 60#
20 x 3 sets

If my workouts seem sporadic and unprogrammed it’s because it’s a struggle to do anything other than nap or puke. I just do what I feel I can get through without over-doing it. Babe’s allegedly going to be here in November. What an awesome birthday present :)[/quote]

Congratulations! I recall you saying something in your log last year about starting a family. All the best to you and yours.
[/quote]

Thank you!!

[quote]silverblood wrote:
Love the pictures of the baby’s playroom. Where’s the blender and changing table? [/quote]

Thanks, it was a fun but challenging project putting it all together in such tight quarters. Those items will have to reside in the nursery :slight_smile:

[quote]hkd wrote:
Congrats on lifting for two. I hope the sickness is not too unbearable. That garage gym looks great. Drilling in to 220 volts sounds like we are lucky you are still posting with us. Be well and stay safe.[/quote]

Thank you very much! Since the first two weeks passed I’ve felt surprisingly well. Just a little more tired than usual but hearing what most women go through I feel very lucky. Won’t complain about having to take a few naps :slight_smile:

Luckily on my electrical escapade, I just stripped a little insulation off between a hot wire and the ground. Just a few fireworks and the breaker tripped (almost) instantly.
I’m much more cautious now that I’m two people. It’s so weird giving a crap if I get hurt!

3/19/2015
Treadmill hike: 3 mph, 12% incline, 3 lb weights per hand, x 45 minutes

3/20/2015
Conditioning circuit

3/21/2015
Double header:
Early AM conditioning circuit
Late AM intro to aerial arts class (cirque du soleil shit)
-a friend wanted to try it but not by herself, was only $15 so why the hell not

3/22/2015
Skipped swim clinic #4 due to the kind of gas pains that feel like your insides are coming apart (all afternoon).