Strength Increase?

[quote]SpeedStrength wrote:
Algian, thats a compound lift known as the “reverse grip clean”. Bodybuilders want nothing to do with compound lifts. Something about hardwork and what not.[/quote]

Talk about trolling–

you’ve said nothing useful or insightful in 5 posts on this thread. Your now, ever so thinly veiled attempt at humor, just makes you sound dumber and dumber and dumber…

[quote]SpeedStrength wrote:
Algian, thats a compound lift known as the “reverse grip clean”. Bodybuilders want nothing to do with compound lifts. Something about hardwork and what not.[/quote]

No. It’s called a “back breaking cheat curl” which is different to a cheat curl which can help get past some sticking points. I never said you need to pick the bar up off the ground, for all I care you can do this in a squat rack!

But you’re right bodybuilders don’t do compounds, just like Ronnie doesn’t deadlift 800lbs or bench 200lb dumbells. It’s all an illusion.

[quote]algian wrote:
SpeedStrength wrote:
Algian, thats a compound lift known as the “reverse grip clean”. Bodybuilders want nothing to do with compound lifts. Something about hardwork and what not.

No. It’s called a “back breaking cheat curl” which is different to a cheat curl which can help get past some sticking points. I never said you need to pick the bar up off the ground, for all I care you can do this in a squat rack!

But you’re right bodybuilders don’t do compounds, just like Ronnie doesn’t deadlift 800lbs or bench 200lb dumbells. It’s all an illusion.[/quote]

lol, I think you missed the point of my post. The “reverse grip hang clean” isn’t a real lift lol. Its a joke, like when you see someone throwing they’re entire body when they try to curl too much.
Also, BBers like Ronnie are about 1 in 10,000.

Oh god… here we go again…

I’ll save everybody the arguments…

Bodybuilders are NOT just useless heaps of non-functional muscle. Powerlifters usually lift more in the 3 power lifts because they have a lot more specific training. Professional bodybuilders are still strong. Focusing only on the big compound lifts is the best idea for beginners because they need to learn good technique and learn how to lift heavy, but at some point you will need to start doing isolation work in addition to the compound lifts if you really want to have a good, symmetrical physique.

And for the love of God, let’s not bring Ronnie’s pants into this argument, because even X won’t be able to defend him. Although… if Ronnie asks, I think his pants are very beautiful and his sense of style is impeccable.

Now can we get back the other useless argument about whether short or tall people are faster?

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:

Focusing only on the big compound lifts is the best idea for beginners because they need to learn good technique and learn how to lift heavy, but at some point you will need to start doing isolation work in addition to the compound lifts if you really want to have a good, symmetrical physique.

Right on. Compound movement release more G.H. & T. And pack on more overall muscle because they hit so many muscles(they are the cake / foundation / engine…etc…). Were semi-isolation lifts are good for tweaking and adding that extra mass/sculpt(thay are the icing on the cake / sideing over the foundation / 69’ covette body surrounding the 427/435 Tri Power). So you need need both to complete the package and take your game to the next level( pusher to kingpin, Capo to Don, newbie to elite, greenie to pro, nurse to doctor, B.S to M.S,…etc).