Strength Gyms in NW Arkansas?

Im looking for a decent strength/powerlifting gym in springdale/Fayetteville area.I currently go to a Worlds gym but its not entirely conducive to my goals i.e. no dropping weights, no chalk, only one squat and deadlift area… If anyone could point me in the right direction that’d be awesome. Thanks.

I’m originally from Bentonville but don’t really know what all the area has anymore. I was at an SPF meet in Russellville a few months back and some guy started chatting me up between deadlift attempts about his testosterone replacement therapy (he caught wind I was a doctor). He said he was a 700+ shirted bencher and was a Centerton cop, so there must be some sort of powerlifting friendly gym up there.

[quote]Discobolus wrote:
I’m originally from Bentonville but don’t really know what all the area has anymore. I was at an SPF meet in Russellville a few months back and some guy started chatting me up between deadlift attempts about his testosterone replacement therapy (he caught wind I was a doctor). He said he was a 700+ shirted bencher and was a Centerton cop, so there must be some sort of powerlifting friendly gym up there. [/quote]

Im competing there in January, The Proving Ground Classic.

They list the powerlifting freindly gyms on Powerliftingwatch, I dont know how far the OP is willing to travel

I will be competing there in January as well. It will be my second meet. I will probably be the lone superheavyweight sub masters guy. Going to be going for a 700 pound squat if everything works with my training.

[quote]Discobolus wrote:
I will be competing there in January as well. It will be my second meet. I will probably be the lone superheavyweight sub masters guy. Going to be going for a 700 pound squat if everything works with my training. [/quote]

Jimmany Christmas!! You will stand out for sure with 700lbs on your back. I’ll look forward to watching you smoke it!

In bentonville there is the Walmart gym. it’s freakin huge and they have everything you could want,and it’s super cheap (18 a month, thus why i train there) but… you have to work for walmart to be a member there. other than the worlds gyms and the other big names, there is a small MMA gym called inferno fitness and mma. they don’t give a shit about chalk or dropping weights. but they don’t really have much equipment either. Powerlifting friendly guys. there is a guy there that i always see training in suits and bench shirts and what not hangin out. you might go check that out.

Ah, the old Walton Fitness Center. I used to workout there some in high school when I wasn’t lifting at the school weight room and when I was home on breaks in college.

They actually had a few bumper plates and a lifting platform back then. I got quite a few stares doing hang cleans with 365 one year during Christmas break.

i’ve been a member there for 11 years. they’ve done some massive upgrades and expansions.