Strength Days on Layer System

Coach CT on the 10 day layer system for the first bench day you prescribed this:
DAY 1

1. Bench press ramp to 1RM
  2. Bench press from pins just above sticking point, start at 70% of no.1 and ramp to 1RM
  3. Bench press lockout (from pins, last 2-3"), start at 70% of no.2 and ramp to 1RM
  4. Speed bench 6 x 3 with 50% of no.1

For those that don’t have access to pins how would you set up a strength bench day?
I incorporated a little bit from your other programs and improvised it by doing

1. Bench ramp to 1rm
  2. ramp to 2rm (starting at about 70%)
  3. ramp to 3rm (starting at about 70%)

Does this seem okay to you coach? Also, when you prescribe clean and jerks, do you do them with a split or both feet on the same plane?

[quote]jy6537 wrote:
Coach CT on the 10 day layer system for the first bench day you prescribed this:
DAY 1

1. Bench press ramp to 1RM
  2. Bench press from pins just above sticking point, start at 70% of no.1 and ramp to 1RM
  3. Bench press lockout (from pins, last 2-3"), start at 70% of no.2 and ramp to 1RM

For those that don’t have access to pins how would you set up a strength bench day?
I incorporated a little bit from your other programs and improvised it by doing

1. Bench ramp to 1rm
  2. ramp to 2rm (starting at about 70%)
  3. ramp to 3rm (starting at about 70%)

Does this seem okay to you coach? Also, when you prescribe clean and jerks, do you do them with a split or both feet on the same plane?[/quote]

Yesm that routine for the bench is fine and is something that I used.

A clean & jerk includes a split… if the jerk isn’t done with a split it is called either a power jerk or a push jerk. If only “jerk” is used, then assume that there is a split.