Strength/Conditioning Plan

Hi Tanner!

Thanks for doing this. Bit of a mixed bag below, if you could provide some insight.

Wondering how one would go about structuring a 3x a week plan for general strength training, mixing in some rowing/conditioning. Recently, I have been doing full body 3x a week and tossing the rowing in at the end with some core. Would that be effective? How would you go about it?

I could potentially go a 4th day but this varies week to week as I play a lot of golf.

Bonus question- any specific gym movements to help improve the golf game?

Thank you!
Jimmy

1 Like

Hey Jimmy!

I would structure very simply with 3 total body workouts/week:

Monday (squat variation/horizontal DB press/pull-up)

Wednesday (deadlift variation/vertical press variation/pull-up or row)

Friday (Single leg variation/horizontal press variation/row or pull-up variation)

I would either sprinkle in the conditioning work alongside the strength work, or hit a short conditioning piece at the end of the workout. This is exactly How I program workouts for my FitAesthetics Program where I combine strength work+conditioning in a very simple/elegant way to improve overall strength and conditioning concurrently. Personally I don’t think there’s a need to do a 4th day if you’re hitting 3 solid workouts each week and those additional rest days may actually benefit you more than adding in an additional workout.

If you’d want to learn more about my training program here’s the link below and there’s also a 7-day free trial so you can try it risk free.

The FitAesthetics Program

Regarding the golf game I would focus on building up my rotational core strength as much as possible. I’ll try and link a video so you can see what I’m talking about.

Rotational Core Strength

Thank you! This was very helpful, really appreciate it. Seems like I was overdoing it before- simple is best.

1 Like