T Nation

Strength Coach: Best Certification?

Where is the best place to go to get certified. Any schools that are noted for there astounding ability to make personal trainers?

NSCA CSCS certification is the the most well known and respected. Any school offering a bachelors degree in a decent kinesiology program should be fine. I’m sure you would have to study quite a bit outside of what you learned in school though.

You can assume guys with CSCS aren’t idiots, but most still aren’t worth paying money for. The PICP (Poliquin) certification, on the other hand, is much more valuable in my opinion.

[quote]Thomas Gabriel wrote:
NSCA CSCS certification is the the most well known and respected. Any school offering a bachelors degree in a decent kinesiology program should be fine. I’m sure you would have to study quite a bit outside of what you learned in school though.

You can assume guys with CSCS aren’t idiots, but most still aren’t worth paying money for. The PICP (Poliquin) certification, on the other hand, is much more valuable in my opinion. [/quote]

X2

[quote]Spencerulz wrote:
Where is the best place to go to get certified?[/quote]

Overseas. Better learn german or russian to get the most out of it.

Can’t go wrong with CP’s PICP. The experience alone is worth it.

A CSCS is only if you’re interested in recognition, but not really worth it IMO

[quote]Zen warrior wrote:
Can’t go wrong with CP’s PICP. The experience alone is worth it.

A CSCS is only if you’re interested in recognition, but not really worth it IMO[/quote]

LOL.

CSCS is the way to go.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Spencerulz wrote:
Where is the best place to go to get certified?

Overseas. Better learn german or russian to get the most out of it.[/quote]

HA, well since I will be joining the air force. I may just get that opportunity. The way I see it I will have quite sometime before I can retire and get pension from the air force so I want to see how many certifications I can get. maybe get a degrees in athletic nutrition and kinseology.