Strength Challenges: Can You Do It?

[quote]koleah wrote:
Lets not forget about Valeria:

that is a good one as well.

I could smash the “Good” and “Very Good” each under 30 minutes easy… that “Elite” level one would be hard since my max DL isn’t that much more than 2xBW lol

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]dianab wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:
I’ve been bored lately and thought this might get some discussions going… So can you do these things?

Bench press, Squat and DL your bodyweight at least 10 times?

Do 10 full ROM pull ups or chin ups?

Run 3 miles under 30 minutes?

Bench Press 1.5x your bodyweight?

Squat 2x your bodyweight?

Deadlift 2x your bodyweight?

OHP 1x your bodyweight?

I feel like these are all very reasonable marks to hit and I threw the 3 mile run in there as a conditioning type of benchmark.

If you have any more suggestions to add to the list let me know. [/quote]

Squat and DL yes, Bench noway

5-6

5 miles in 30 minutes

nope

once, in gear

yes, raw

no

I can’t grow a moustache. sadface.[/quote]

I guess the criteria should be a little different for women… I just dont know how? Maybe you could throw together a “good” list based on similar criteria?

(girls are allowed/encouraged to miss the mustache part)
[/quote]

I don’t think you need a different criteria for women, aside from being facial hair exempt. Although the bench part is tough. Hard to say what a good number would be. I’ve yet to make a BW bench raw one time, never mind 10.

I can’t squat or deadlift at all so I’ll say no to those.

Bench press bodyweight at least 10 times?
Yes

Do 10 full ROM pull ups or chin ups?
Does full ROM mean dead hang? I can do 7 or 8 from a dead hang. With momentum I bet I can get 10.

Run 3 miles under 30 minutes?
Have no clue. I used to be able to do it at 220 lbs. At 240, I doubt it.

Bench Press 1.5x your bodyweight?
Not at my current weight. If a dropped about 10 lbs, yes.

OHP 1x your bodyweight?
I’ve never tried this. I doubt it though.

Grow a mustache that is both fierce and majestic?
No problem. I’ve had facial hair since 13 and had to shave all throughout high school.

This article has a chart of strength standards for men and women. I’ve been using it to see gauge my progress. I can’t figure out how to cut and paste it here or I would. Maybe someone else is better at these things?

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:
This article has a chart of strength standards for men and women. I’ve been using it to see gauge my progress. I can’t figure out how to cut and paste it here or I would. Maybe someone else is better at these things?

Thanks for that.

I’ve just found out I suck at bent-over- row, Skullcrushers and Ez curls, lol!

Bodyweight - 195 with more fat then i care to mention…

yes - Bench press, Squat and DL your bodyweight at least 10 times?

yes - though I hang inbetween each one for a while. Do 10 full ROM pull ups or chin ups?

yes, ran a 5k in 29 minutes - Run 3 miles under 30 minutes?

nope - i suck at bench - Bench Press 1.5x your bodyweight?

yes on back, front, no…Squat 2x your bodyweight?

yes, im 10 pounds off a 405…Deadlift 2x your bodyweight?

no, have to have leg drive…OHP 1x your bodyweight?

kinda, my beard is becoming epic imho…EDIT: Grow a mustache that is both fierce and majestic?

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:

205 or 2x bw for squats? Is that because there are a lot of 102.5lb women walking around who squat? The DL criteria is only mildly better.

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:

There’s this one too:

Unfamiliar with the ‘Power Statch’ however :smiley:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:

There’s this one too:

Unfamiliar with the ‘Power Statch’ however :D[/quote]

I think they meant “power stache”

[quote]byukid wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:

There’s this one too:

Unfamiliar with the ‘Power Statch’ however :D[/quote]

I think they meant “power stache”[/quote]

snort

I lol’d

=D

Bench press, Squat and DL your bodyweight at least 10 times? Yes

Do 10 full ROM pull ups or chin ups? Yes

Run 3 miles under 30 minutes? Yes (this is the one I’d smash the hardest, I’ve ran sub 20:00 5ks and finished top 5 in a race of a few hundred folks over the summer)

Bench Press 1.5x your bodyweight? No. I’d like to blame my long arms, but it’s probably my small testicles that really cost me.

Squat 2x your bodyweight? No. Substitute “arm” for “leg”

Deadlift 2x your bodyweight? Yes. The wimpy bench long arms give me about a 2" ROM on deads.

OHP 1x your bodyweight? Strict overhead press or do we get a little leg drive? Strict, probably not. Little drive, probably. Full on push press, for sure.

EDIT: Grow a mustache that is both fierce and majestic? I take the running thing back. I’m a moustache growing motherfucker, motherfucker.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
I thought you were going to ask if you can grow a mustache? What do I get if I can do all those things? Dont tease me Greg.[/quote]

I’ll throw that one in the list.

If you can do all of those things (or even most) then you get an undisclosed amount of interwebz… actually you will get respect/more respect.

[quote]dshroy wrote:
yes to all, while banging your mom, who has a moustache WAY cooler than yours.
[/quote]

My moms mustache cant hold a candle to my mustache!

EDIT: ^^what the hell does that saying even mean? “Hold a candle to?” I mean cereally[/quote]
I think “hold a candle to” is slang for sucking cock. so what you REALLY said is your moms ability is nowhere near yours…

I can grow a mustache but it is really not that majestic. One day

^^ my moms mustache cant suck a cock to my mustache?

Horrible attempt at humor, doesn’t even make sense, you should be ashamed of yourself

[quote]gregron wrote:
^^ my moms mustache cant suck a cock to my mustache?

Horrible attempt at humor, doesn’t even make sense, you should be ashamed of yourself[/quote]

ashamed of myself? at least twice daily

3 miles in under 30 minutes??? C’mon, man!

Respectable challenge: 3 miles in less than 22 minutes
Better challenge: 3 miles in less than 18

EDIT: The “Better challenge” is probably too steep. That said, 10 minutes/mile for a three mile race is extremely slow, particularly vis-a-vis the other goals.

NO I cannot grow a mustache…

But I can do all of those challenges. And I would echo the guy above me in saying that 3 miles in 30 minutes is a joke. I do like the idea though- being strong and in shape. We need to make it harder though!

what about 3 chicks in 30 minutes? now THATS a challenge

Bench press, Squat and DL your bodyweight at least 10 times? Did it at work today. (I work at a gym)

Do 10 full ROM pull ups or chin ups? Also yes.

Run 3 miles under 30 minutes? Did a 5k in December for a bet. 28 mins but regretted it for a week.

Bench Press 1.5x your bodyweight? BW is 260. Have benched 400 in competition raw.

Squat 2x your bodyweight? 600 raw squat at competiion.

Deadlift 2x your bodyweight? 625 raw pull at competiion.

OHP 1x your bodyweight? Tested max in January. 275

I also have mountain-man-style facial hair. Epic? Maybe. Satisfying? Definitely. When I can use it as a weapon, then it will be epic.

[quote]The3Commandments wrote:
3 miles in under 30 minutes??? C’mon, man!

Respectable challenge: 3 miles in less than 22 minutes
Better challenge: 3 miles in less than 18

EDIT: The “Better challenge” is probably too steep. That said, 10 minutes/mile for a three mile race is extremely slow, particularly vis-a-vis the other goals.[/quote]

by itself a 30 minute 3 mile run is weak… but if you’re big enough and strong enough to do the rest of those things then its not that bad.

Can you do the rest of those things?