Strength Challenge

Hi!
Im just finishing the bbb 3 month challenge and am up to start the strenght challenge afterwards. I would like to post my sample workouts to see if i got everythinmg correct. The reps are samples for the first month.

Upperbody1

Press 5/3/1
Dumbbell Benchpress inclined 5x10
Bentover rows 5x10
Superset biceps/triceps 2-3x10
Leteral raise 3x15

Upperbody2

Benchpress 5/3/1
Dumbbell Press 5x10
Lat Pulldowns 5x10
Superset biceps/triceps 2-3x10
Reverse flys

Lower body1

Deadlifts 5/3/1
Frontsquats 5x10
Superset weigted Situps/Sidebends
Leg curls 2x15
Standing Calve raise 2-3x20

Lower Body2

Squats 5/3/1
Rumanian Deadlifts 5x12
Superset weigted Situps/Sidebends
Leg extension 2x15
2-3x20 Calve raise seated

Would be great to get some opinions on this sample workout.
Please excuse my bad english and thx in advance.

it’s good for first 2 cycles after a “5/3” reset. So good for 6 weeks, maybe 9.

Big thx for your quick response!!!

What exactly is a 5/3 reset? I looked over it in the book but can’t find a pleasing answer. My plan is to set new real 1rm’s after the bbb challenge and start with 85% as Training max for the strength challenge.

I’m also a little bit confused about using the reps and sets for 6 or 9 weeks!?
Deloads for strenght challenge are recommended as in the book, so just taking one if you feel like you need one (better before you feel you need one), right?

So the reps and sets in my sample workout would be fine for cycle one!
For cycle two I cut the assistence work to 3 sets?
For cycle 3 you recommend doing also 3 sets for the first two weeks, third week just the 5/3/1 main lifts or test 1rm in this week.

Did i get everything right?

Thx a lot in advance!

[quote]smooothus wrote:
Big thx for your quick response!!!

What exactly is a 5/3 reset? I looked over it in the book but can’t find a pleasing answer. My plan is to set new real 1rm’s after the bbb challenge and start with 85% as Training max for the strength challenge.

I’m also a little bit confused about using the reps and sets for 6 or 9 weeks!?
Deloads for strenght challenge are recommended as in the book, so just taking one if you feel like you need one (better before you feel you need one), right?

So the reps and sets in my sample workout would be fine for cycle one!
For cycle two I cut the assistence work to 3 sets?
For cycle 3 you recommend doing also 3 sets for the first two weeks, third week just the 5/3/1 main lifts or test 1rm in this week.

Did i get everything right?

Thx a lot in advance![/quote]

5/3 reset is 5 cycles forward/3 cycles back. It’s been discussed many times on this forum so check it out.

Deloads are done after every sixth week or so. This is in the book.

You can do whatever assistance you want as long as it doesn’t fuck you up or for some odd reason (hip thrusts, for example). For people here, until you can knock out a ton of push-ups/chins/dips/leg raises/fat man rows/sit-ups and can do various weight vest challenges AND 100% own the sled, prowler and hills - you have no right to be an assistance queen. We work to OWN these exercises.

Ok! Got it ;-)!

Thx a lot