Strength Challenge

I have a work trip to Hong Kong next month and when I return I am planning to run the bbb challenge and then the strength challenge which will cover me for the spring. Now I have done the bbb challenge 3 times and love it but have never run the strength one. For those who have, any good learnings that you can share? Also, do you increase your tm each cycle as normal or do you leave it constant? Many thanks.

TM goes up as normal (when you see a hot brunette. Blonds are a no go).

[quote]Jim Wendler wrote:
TM goes up as normal (when you see a hot brunette. Blonds are a no go).[/quote]

Damn, I’ve been seeing a lot of blondes. I guess that’s what made this phase so hard. :stuck_out_tongue:

Jokes aside, this has been a great program (I’m currently on the last cycle of the Strength Challenge). I did start at an 85% TM instead of 90% and I’m kind of glad I did because the workouts have been tough, but productive.

[quote]BigRedMachina wrote:

Damn, I’ve been seeing a lot of blondes. I guess that’s what made this phase so hard. :stuck_out_tongue:

Jokes aside, this has been a great program (I’m currently on the last cycle of the Strength Challenge). I did start at an 85% TM instead of 90% and I’m kind of glad I did because the workouts have been tough, but productive.[/quote]

I just finished week 1 today! How did your 1RM for each lift progress?

You mentioned that you started out at 85%… would you suggest smaller jumps between cycles if starting out higher (i.e. 5 pounds instead of 10 on lower lifts)?

I haven’t tested any 1RMs since starting this phase - I’ll be doing a meet in November so I’m saving the testing for then. And combining the Rep Maxes with the heavy singles was tough so I haven’t gotten too caught up in estimating from rep maxes. I will say that my 110% Squat (which put me at my previous 1RM of 320 lbs) felt a lot faster and easier than when I originally tested it.

As for TM increases, I just went with the normal increases (5 for upper, 10 for lower), but I suppose smaller jumps could work.

I haven’t tested any 1RMs since starting this phase - I’ll be doing a meet in November so I’m saving the testing for then. And combining the Rep Maxes with the heavy singles was tough so I haven’t gotten too caught up in estimating from rep maxes. I will say that my 110% Squat (which put me at my previous 1RM of 320 lbs) felt a lot faster and easier than when I originally tested it.

As for TM increases, I just went with the normal increases (5 for upper, 10 for lower), but I suppose smaller jumps could work.[/quote]

Cool, thanks. Good luck with your meet!

Jokes aside, this has been a great program (I’m currently on the last cycle of the Strength Challenge). I did start at an 85% TM instead of 90% and I’m kind of glad I did because the workouts have been tough, but productive.[/quote]

Anyone I work with always starts with 85% - no matter what they do. Smart move.

So for the strength challenge, you increase the max after every 4 weeks?