Strength and Mass in 3.5 Years

[quote]Junior__23 wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:
Sorry man, your running vert is less than 40". With a vert like that you’d be pulling two hand cock backs with ease. I’m an inch taller with a 35" from a standstill and a 41.5" off of the run and I can do all kinds of dunks. Having said all that, you’ve made some damn good progress. Keep it up.

Oh, I can see, you know better than me.
[/quote]

Not trying to knock you man, but with a 40+ vert, you wouldn’t be only dunking on a good day. You’d be dunking with ease. As a comparison, Nate Robinson put up a 43 off of the run at the NBA combine, and ya’ll are around the same height/weight. 35" or so off of the run sounds more realistic, and is still damn impressive.

what do you squat with a vert like that? got any vids of you jumping or dunking?
[/quote]

The most I ever squatted was 405 at 170lbs.Right now I’d be surprised if I could get 365. I’m now around 185 and stopped playing ball to “bulk” [got up to 192-ish]. I’m now concentrating on getting my hops and game back, and getting my knees right. Bulking was murder on my knees. I don’t have any vids, but I’ll try and get some up this weekend. Should be good motivation to get me back to pre-bulk levels.

I don’t have any current vids of me jumping.

I’ve got a video from previous summer.

It was a standing vert jump just after a heavy squat training. I have bball court in front of my gym.

And 36 inch running

Now my vert improved. I’ll make and post some vids of me dunking when the weather in Poland will be slightly better.

When I have a good day I can do reverse dunk or some power dunks.

I don’t count “barely dunked” a dunk. You have to be able throw it down HARD to be a DUNKER.

PS: My standing reach is ONLY 223 cm (7’ 4’') and I can’t palm the ball.

your progress is wonderful

[quote]Junior__23 wrote:
I don’t have any current vids of me jumping.

I’ve got a video from previous summer.

It was a standing vert jump just after a heavy squat training. I have bball court in front of my gym.

And 36 inch running

Now my vert improved. I’ll make and post some vids of me dunking when the weather in Poland will be slightly better.

When I have a good day I can do reverse dunk or some power dunks.

I don’t count “barely dunked” a dunk. You have to be able throw it down HARD to be a DUNKER.

PS: My standing reach is ONLY 223 cm (7’ 4’') and I can’t palm the ball.[/quote]

You and I have the same problems. My standing reach is around 7’8", and I can count the number of 1 handed dunks I’ve gotten on that 1 hand. One thing that helped me get my dunking down was lobbing it to myself. You can get higher and and get used to puting your dunks down without worrying about taking the ball with you. Once you’ve got that down, going up with the ball is a breeze. You’re a strong sumbitch. Good luck to you.

Nice vids. I can’t hit the rim :(. Granted I am only 5’8"

one new:

first attempt on 320 (my last was on 350)

wheels

abs

rear double bi

All good. One of the best RMPs from the younger generation that I’ve seen in a while.

Thats some impressive work, along with your back width. Your lats look pretty well developed. Good stuff guy.

Great V-taper and overall physique. 50 lean pounds in 3.5 years is impressive, you picked an excellent time to start training seriously!

[quote]Sikkario wrote:
You’re tough shit kid…I respect your physique alot.

BTW, is this really a transformation? Or just development.

I mean definetely transformed but, I think all of us transformed from 15-20.

He just helped his body alot in doing what it was naturally going to do, really accelerated the results.[/quote]

Dude, without serious weight training his body would not have done this. Honestly, that is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard anyone ever say, “Oh he was going to naturally turn into a shredded badass with a 300+ Bench, and 400+ Dead/Sqaut”

Your transformation is awesome! Seriously, great job.

Please don’t apologize for your English. a.) its just fine and b.) Polish is spoken in Poland

Thanks guys!

My training is… functional… because I train for performance (basketball, football).

I’ve participated in few powerlifting competitions and now it’s hard to choose my main sport.

I’m definitely not a powerlifter (no gear, etc…), but I love lifting heavy and breaking my PR’s.

I don’t train directly for muscle mass (bodybuildning, proportions) however I enjoy balanced, muscular physique.

PS: I use split training (either bodypart or upper/lower)

Your English is as impressive than your transformation!

Great job. What is it about you Poles? Do you put something in your kebabs?

[quote]duffyj2 wrote:
Your English is as impressive than your transformation!

Great job. What is it about you Poles? Do you put something in your kebabs?[/quote]

I think you mean Mariusz :stuck_out_tongue: But it’s rather pork chop with potatos.

One day, I trained in his gym and it was a brutal experience. The leg day. I am getting sore just by recalling that training…

nice work, and good to see no roids questions