Strength and Mass in 3.5 Years

Bonn1997, my running vert jump went from 28 to +40 inch. More speed, more power, that was the outcome. Muscles didn’t make me slow. Opposite.

Its also easier to play defence when you are heavier.

dude how old are you? youre a fuckin beast man, congragulations you look great.

[quote]Junior__23 wrote:
Bonn1997, my running vert jump went from 28 to +40 inch. More speed, more power, that was the outcome. Muscles didn’t make me slow. Opposite.

Its also easier to play defence when you are heavier.[/quote]

can you dunk 40 inch vert is impressive

(year ago, few pounds lighter)

When I have a good day, I dunk on 10’ (take off 2 feet). The problem is I can’t palm the ball well.

I’m 20.

[quote]mr popular wrote:
What does your training routine and diet look like?[/quote]

Serious question: When someone posts a physique transformation that took several years to accomplish, does it make sense to ask what routine they used or are currently using? Besides the fact that their current routine may not look anything like what they did to get where they are (in fact, it probably shouldn’t after two years), the guy may have used a variety of approaches in that time.

So what kind of answer do you want? “I spent 12 weeks doing HFT, 6 weeks doing 5x5, 6 months on WS4SB, etc.”? Is that helpful? (I’m not asking this to personally attack mr popular. This question shows up on pretty much every thread where the after pictures actually look like after pictures. Apologies in advance if this question offends anyone who asked it. Also apologies for taking this thread off-topic.)

Oh, and congratulations to the OP for the great progress.

more impressive than your physique is your remarkable ability to make carbon copies of yourself. Incredible!

Well I can’t speak for everyone who asks that question, but when I ask it I’m looking for a general answer.

In fact, the answer that I got was perfect. He told what types of routines he uses, and that gives me a general idea of the way he trains.

I see what you are saying though. If we take an example like Reidar’s in his “Bulk Pictures” thread…
Obviously a beginner who wants to make the progress that he made would ask questions such as what is your diet and how do you train, but a beginner doesn’t need to be doing speed benching and speed squatting as he layed out in his specific template, since the way he trained at that time was tailored to his own needs and experience level.

If you wanted a more specific answer, you could ask “what training routine did you first see results with” or “what do you recommend from your own experience?”

But as I said, his answer was perfect for the question I was asking. haha

Solid 180, nice job.

Great job.

-dizzle

Nice to see someone who has actually taken the time to make an improvement before posting a set of pictures.

Good Job

[quote]Eventine wrote:
Nice to see someone who has actually taken the time to make an improvement before posting a set of pictures.

Good Job[/quote]

Amen.

OP you look great. 50lbs is a great jump, and only at 20 years old. How long have you been lifting heavy for?

Yes Mariusz is a bad ass. I love watching him dominate the WSM year after year.

Its also refreshing to see someone who is not only strong, but also athletic and can move (and jump). Keep it up.

awesome work so far.

keep it going!!!

and that squat was impressive. for a max squat you just need to break parallel.

(Mariusz in Dancing With The Stars - Polish Edition)

I hit the gym about 4 years ago and trained only legs to increase my vert (squats, deadlifts, lunges…)

When my body became disproportionate I give FBW a chance.

In my gym the largest group of trainees are powerlifters, so from the very beginning I knew how to train for strength.

When I found T-Nation i read almost everything what was written here. Since then, it is my main source of knowledge about sport performance and building a better body.

[quote]Junior__23 wrote:

When I have a good day, I dunk on 10’ (take off 2 feet). The problem is I can’t palm the ball well.

I’m 20.[/quote]

Sorry man, your running vert is less than 40". With a vert like that you’d be pulling two hand cock backs with ease. I’m an inch taller with a 35" from a standstill and a 41.5" off of the run and I can do all kinds of dunks. Having said all that, you’ve made some damn good progress. Keep it up.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Sorry man, your running vert is less than 40". With a vert like that you’d be pulling two hand cock backs with ease. I’m an inch taller with a 35" from a standstill and a 41.5" off of the run and I can do all kinds of dunks. Having said all that, you’ve made some damn good progress. Keep it up.[/quote]

Oh, I can see, you know better than me.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
Junior__23 wrote:

I’m 20.

Sorry man, your running vert is less than 40". With a vert like that you’d be pulling two hand cock backs with ease. I’m an inch taller with a 35" from a standstill and a 41.5" off of the run and I can do all kinds of dunks. Having said all that, you’ve made some damn good progress. Keep it up.[/quote]

Maybe you have longer arms than he does? Height’s only part of the equation.

[quote]Junior__23 wrote:

I’m 20.[/quote]

That’s an awesome pic

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

what do you squat with a vert like that? got any vids of you jumping or dunking?

You’re tough shit kid…I respect your physique alot.

BTW, is this really a transformation? Or just development.

I mean definetely transformed but, I think all of us transformed from 15-20.

He just helped his body alot in doing what it was naturally going to do, really accelerated the results.

Great results brother, keep it up… That squat was right at parallel from my monitor, plenty deep. I’ll be looking forward to seeing more from you.