Strength and Bulking Supps

Ok. So I am currently doing a strength training program and am bulking. Now, it is time to restock my supps. I was looking into other supps to get:

Already taking and restocking on:
Grow!
Flameout
Metabolic Drive
Surge (Should I take two servings - 1 prior/during and 1 after?)

Considering:
BCAAs
Creatine
Alpha Male or
TRIBEX Gold or Carbolin 19

Questioning:
Rez-V
ZMA

What do you think I should get to best help my needs of strength and size? Stats: 23, 5’8", 195lbs, 10-12%bf

What do you think you are lacking that would be best made up by supplementation?

I don’t think I’m lacking anything; I just want to maximize my gains.

[quote]thoughts1053 wrote:
I don’t think I’m lacking anything; I just want to maximize my gains.[/quote]

You should base you supplement choices on what you think will give the greatest bang for the buck.

If in doubt, try one new product at a time, not several.

In your case, Creatine monohydrate is the first thing I’d add.

I was going to add creatine because of the cheap price and what I read about it. But I was just wondering about the others:

Should I take BCAAs to help build muscle although I am eating more than normal?

Would I benefit from Alpha Male or just taking either TRIBEX or Carbolin 19 on its own?

Then ZMA and Rez-V were after thoughts to help benefit the Alpha Male.

I was going to add creatine because of the cheap price and what I read about it. But I was just wondering about the others:

Would I benefit from Alpha Male or just taking either TRIBEX or Carbolin 19 on its own?

Then ZMA and Rez-V were after thoughts to help benefit the Alpha Male.[/quote]

I personally use ZMA and REZ-V most of the time and feel they are worth the cost.

Of the other products mentioned, I’d go with Alpha Male.

As previously mentioned, I think it’s best to add just one new product to your routine at a time to give yourself a chance to see how it affects you.

what about beta-alinine?

[quote]zraw wrote:
what about beta-alinine?[/quote]

Haven’t really considered it because I thought it was for endurance more. I already have decent endurance and am just doing moderate sets and reps (5x5).

So for sure I am going to add creatine, but I am still up in the air about the others. If I wanted to take Carbolin 19 to aid in increasing muscle while minimizing fat, should I just as well take Alpha Male or being that I am 23 I don’t really need a test booster?

Then ZMA and Rez-V were after thoughts to help benefit the Alpha Male.[/quote]

Add creatine. BCAA’s probably won’t do anything more for you than eating a comparable amount of protein from food. Depending on your age, diet etc. the rest may do absolutely nothing for you. Whatever you decide to do, follow everyones advice and add additional supps one at a time. Give them time to work or not, and then make your next decision.

Ok. So I just ordered and got creatine only. I will take it for the next month until I have to restock and think about getting something else.

How am I suppossed to take it? I read that loading isn’t necessary anymore, so should I just take it with my Surge PWO?

Also, should I take two servings of Surge now? One Pre and during Work out and 1 Post.

Essentials:
Metabolic Drive
Surge
Flameout
Creatine

Extras:
ZMA - very important recovery supp imo!
Grow! - if you need extra workout protein.

If you have money to burn:
BCAA - useful more so when cutting when nutrients are restricted I personally feel.
TRIBEX
Alpha Male
etc.

Ok. So I just ordered and got creatine only. I will take it for the next month until I have to restock and think about getting something else.

How am I suppossed to take it? I read that loading isn’t necessary anymore, so should I just take it with my Surge PWO?

Also, should I take two servings of Surge now? One Pre and during Work out and 1 Post.[/quote]

On workout days take 5grams with your PWO shake, on off days take 5grams in the morning with tea or juice. No need to load or cycle. Drink plenty of water through out the day.

So I take it everyday?

So I take it everyday?[/quote]

Thats pretty much the idea

Even with 5x5 you’ll notice a difference with beta-alanine

If you got the dough, go for 11-T once it’s back in stock :smiley:

the supps i think everyone should take when bulking

• protein powder of course
  • fish oil, very important
  • a good multivitamin, havent tried superfood but currently trying animal pak and its a really good supplement
    -zma’s, so you can get quality sleep which will aid in growth and recovery
  • creatine, i feel like im a nonresponder but you may be different, dont go for a fancy filled with sugar creatine though

then use the rest of the money on food

[quote]jtg987 wrote:

• a good multivitamin, havent tried superfood but currently trying animal pak and its a really good supplement
  • creatine, i feel like im a nonresponder but you may be different, dont go for a fancy filled with sugar creatine though

then use the rest of the money on food[/quote]

You’ve noticed a performance increase other than developing the ability to pee neon green from the animal pak? Seriously? Not to be a dick, but a mega multi vitamin like that is probably the most useless ‘supplement’ known to man.

[quote]atg410 wrote:
jtg987 wrote:

• a good multivitamin, havent tried Superfood but currently trying animal pak and its a really good supplement
    -ZMA’s, so you can get quality sleep which will aid in growth and recovery

then use the rest of the money on food

You’ve noticed a performance increase other than developing the ability to pee neon green from the animal pak? Seriously? Not to be a dick, but a mega multi vitamin like that is probably the most useless ‘supplement’ known to man.

[/quote]

no not performance based, just an increase in general wellbeing. Just feel a bit better through out the day as opposed to the other multivitamin I was taking. I haven’t really pee’d neon green off animal pak either but I’m drinking around a gallon of water a day atleast.

[quote]jtg987 wrote:

then use the rest of the money on food[/quote]

FOOD

yes - this tops everything.

I agree with benmore!

The best sup is FOOD!.

Do not take it lightly looking for the edge til you take diet seriously.

That being said i think BCAA’a are a waste when bulking.
My reasoning is, when I take them on a low carb diet they work great but when eating carbs and excess protein I don’t get any benefit.

anyone else have the same opinion?

the following are not supps IMO they should be part of your diet:
fish oil
pro powder Metabolic Drive and grow

I would def add creatine though.

JMO