Strenght for Upperbody

hello,
I unfortunately broke my finger in the leg while sparring in wrestling .
I do not want to lose time .
Help me make a plan to top body strength ? remembering of course that I have my leg in plaster .
thanks a lot !!

Vertical push/pull and horizontal push/pull. Vary grip widths if you want - include grip widths you’re strong and weak at. Hanging leg raises if you can for ab work. Seated good mornings if possible for erectors. Basically things you should already be doing for upper body but a bit more of it since you won’t have to worry about lower body recovery.

[quote]lift206 wrote:
Vertical push/pull and horizontal push/pull. Vary grip widths if you want - include grip widths you’re strong and weak at. Hanging leg raises if you can for ab work. Seated good mornings if possible for erectors. Basically things you should already be doing for upper body but a bit more of it since you won’t have to worry about lower body recovery.[/quote]

This.

Do you think it’ll be OK about as basic exercise ?
for example:
4x weeks
monday: bench press 5x5
wednesday: floor press close grip 5x5
thursday: bench press 5x5
saturday: floor press close grip 5x5

I would add overhead work. Probably seated overhead press if you can’t stand.

You can find a high frequency bench program and add in overhead work or do something like 5/3/1 for bench and press. For 5/3/1 you can keep hitting the gym when you feel recovered instead of each of those lifts once per week. An example could be:

Monday: Bench 5/3/1, Press 5x10, BB Rows 50 reps, Leg Raises 50 reps
Wednesday: Press 5/3/1, Bench 5x10, Pullups 50 reps, Seated Good Mornings 50 reps
Friday: Bench 5/3/1, Press 5x10, DB Rows 50 reps, Leg Raises 50 Reps
Monday: Press 5/3/1, Bench 5x10, Chinups 50 reps, Seated Good Mornings 50 reps
Repeat

Or you can do bench and press once per week and add in a day or two of accessory work to build the shoulders, chest, triceps and back. That would probably be better if the above is too taxing. If standing is a problem, you can do seated overhead press, wide grip cable rows, close grip cable rows, lat pulldowns, hyperextension machine, or anything similar.

my priorytet is BJJ, wrestling so i want train functional strength for my sports :slight_smile:
I have weak arms ( triceps ), hence I wanted to focus on the floor of press close grip and dips. what do you think ?

[quote]bziummuzib wrote:
my priorytet is BJJ, wrestling so i want train functional strength for my sports :slight_smile:
I have weak arms ( triceps ), hence I wanted to focus on the floor of press close grip and dips. what do you think ?
[/quote]

IMO, the pulling movements are most important for those sports so I would make sure to always train that. If you want to work on close grip floor press then go for it. I would still do some type of overhead movement. One day you can do Bench 5/3/1, Close Grip Floor Press 5x10 and the other day do Overhead Press 5/3/1, Dips 5x10.

If you’re after “functional strength” then remember that the other stuff is just as important.

[quote]bziummuzib wrote:
[/quote]

You need to have some sort of plan for pulling movements. If you want to do bench press variations 4 days a week in addition to dips, great. But if you aren’t also doing at least as much volume on rows and pullups you’re going to run into problems.

Regardless of what you think your weak points are / what is applicable to your sport, your weight training needs to be balanced