Strap/Wrap/Hook Recommendations

I just bought some Zulu defcon kevlar straps, about as brutal as they sound… awesome company. 30 inches long 2.25" thick should be slight upgrade from my 20 inch cheap cotton straps. I figure I’ll still stay strap free for deadlifts and exercises in general until I feel my grip limiting, so for now I’m only going to really use them for shrugging, one-arm rows and possibly rack pulls…

[quote]MODOK wrote:
My Harbingers finally busted last week. I got the Dave Tate Black and Orange Blossom Specials I’m fixing to try out tonight. They are heavy threaded, and have some nifty rubberized/tackified back on the straps to presumably help with grip. We’ll see what they’ve got this week.[/quote]

These the ones you got Modok?

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=139&pid=3135

Let us know how you like them, my Harbingers aren’t gonna last much longer and I want to have a spare set of straps ready when they do bust.

I have a pair of these but I don’t like them, they are too wide for my small wrists:

http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/15751

Been using the IronMind straps, and they’ve allowed me to focus my lifts much better on the back, instead of being limited by my grip strength. I like that they’re synthetic, which makes it easier to tighten at the beginning, and release at the end of the lift.

[quote]forlife wrote:
Been using the IronMind straps, and they’ve allowed me to focus my lifts much better on the back, instead of being limited by my grip strength. I like that they’re synthetic, which makes it easier to tighten at the beginning, and release at the end of the lift.[/quote]

Which ones? Care to elaborate on the “synthetic” component?

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]forlife wrote:
Been using the IronMind straps, and they’ve allowed me to focus my lifts much better on the back, instead of being limited by my grip strength. I like that they’re synthetic, which makes it easier to tighten at the beginning, and release at the end of the lift.[/quote]

Which ones? Care to elaborate on the “synthetic” component?[/quote]

I got the Strong-Enough lifting straps for $9. What I meant was that the nylon is easy to tighten after initially wrapping the straps around the bar, when you twist your wrists to take up the last bit of slack. And when done with the set, you can just release your grip and the straps easily come off the bar.

[quote]forlife wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]forlife wrote:

Which ones? Care to elaborate on the “synthetic” component?[/quote]

I got the Strong-Enough lifting straps for $9. What I meant was that the nylon is easy to tighten after initially wrapping the straps around the bar, when you twist your wrists to take up the last bit of slack. And when done with the set, you can just release your grip and the straps easily come off the bar.[/quote]

Very cool, thanks. I’ll probably pick up a pair.

I got the Strong-Enough lifting straps, for 9 bucks. What I meant was that the nylon slides a little better on the bar, which makes it easier to tighten those last couple of inches by turning your wrists, and also to remove when you release your grip at the end of the set.

[quote]MODOK wrote:
My Harbingers finally busted last week. I got the Dave Tate Black and Orange Blossom Specials I’m fixing to try out tonight. They are heavy threaded, and have some nifty rubberized/tackified back on the straps to presumably help with grip. We’ll see what they’ve got this week.[/quote]

How are these working out for you, Gigante? My Ironmind straps have taken years of abuse, but I’m looking to get something a little less slick to replace them.