Strangest Person at Your Gym

lol no i just didnt know how much a smith machine bar weighed.

[quote]t3h_Squirr3l wrote:
It would be 105 lbs because 45+45+15(weight of smith bar)=105.

I understand. Math is hard for you. [/quote]

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:
Quick question: could I apply this technique during any exercise or only benching? [/quote]

Well I saw him teaching some rastafarian guy how to use a machine bench press, and he was telling the rasta that sometimes you just gotta be “unconventional!!” and not do the exercise like everyone thinks you’re supposed to. Basically he was just showing him how to use a TON of body english in order to do the exercise with more weight and also make it a whole body exercise. So I guess as long as you keep the spirit alive and do some kind of creative, on-the-fly, possibly dangerous exercise, you too can utilize his secret teachings!

[quote]toughcasey wrote:
ThatGirl77 wrote:
oaxaca joe wrote:
enterthedojo, that “UNCONVENTIONAL!” story just about ruined my workout this morning. I was into my 3 set of bp when all of a sudden somewhere inside my head I hear someone holler “UNCONVENTIONAL!” I started laughing so hard I had tears, man. I had to summon all my deep-seated rage just to finish off that rep. The worst part is that every time I got back on the bench, I would bust out laughing again until I finally yelled “UNCONVENTIONAL!” myself. Cured me.

HAHAHAHAHA That went through my mind last night during my workout. LOL

haha! im glad in not the only one, i think im going to get a shirt made! this is a classic story. [/quote]

Hahahaha thats awesome! But ADMIT IT, it worked didnt it!?! There’s some method to his madness… UNCONVENTIONAL!!!

[quote]pookie wrote:

I helped my uncle jack off a horse.

[/quote]

I saw Tom Green do that. Must be a Canadian thing.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
apwsearch wrote:

Blow drying your pubes and feet prevents jock-itch/athletes foot. [/quote]

So does powder.

DB

Any one see Jackass 2? Chris Pontius jerked off a horse and something much more shameful.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
pookie wrote:

I saw Tom Green do that. Must be a Canadian thing.[/quote]

[quote]pookie wrote:
n3wb wrote:
there is a kid named louis he has been working out for 2 years and has added NO muscle and benches 115 he does easy bar curls with a belt and thinks squats will stunt growth dosent talk much and his glasses are about a inch thick every now and then I will catch him looking at me like a stray dog when I give him advice he just agrees and dosent do it

there is another guy ALL he does… is bench wide grip smith machine pause benching same reps same weight same out fit same everything for about 1-2 years now he uses 225 for sets of 3-5

then there is every one in the gym who can bench reps with more weight than they can smith machine half squat if thats not strange then I dont know what is

Here you go: ,.,.;,.,;.,. THDWTHTI

Found all the missing punctuation and capitals from your post.
[/quote]

Don’t forget the capital “L” - as in Louis.

[quote]TheWookie wrote:
Any one see Jackass 2? Chris Pontius jerked off a horse and something much more shameful.

Zap Branigan wrote:
pookie wrote:

[/quote]

A hummer?

[quote]Geography wrote:
TheWookie wrote:

Zap Branigan wrote:
pookie wrote:

A hummer?

[/quote]

Don’t want to spoil the slurprise.

[quote]TheWookie wrote:
Geography wrote:
TheWookie wrote:

Zap Branigan wrote:
pookie wrote:

A hummer?

Don’t want to spoil the slurprise.[/quote]

What a cumbucket.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
apwsearch wrote:
PGJ wrote:
Sonny S wrote:
Anyone have the old guy who walks around the locker room and sauna area naked, who reads the paper on a bench naked, and in general hangs around more than he should naked?

I don’t think he’s gay, he just doesn’t care anymore and isn’t in a rush to go anywhere.

Holy crap! You must go to the YMCA. Every time I go there, there are always about 3 or 4 old fat guys hanging out in the locker room buck nekid watching the TV or reading a paper or just talking. One time I walked in there and the fattest guy (and I mean hugely fat) was leaning over onto a massage bench, proped up on his elbows reading a paper. Not a stich of clothing, not even a towel. Just his big disgusting wrinkly old ass pointed right at me like it’s cool. You never see guys younger than about 40 haging out nekid.

No shit. How about the guys blow drying their short and curlys? I have watched guys even walk over to the lounge section of the locker room and sit down naked. We even have one jackass who goes through this whole ritual of laying out towels on the floor and standing on them buck naked facing outwards to the main aisle rubbing lotion all over himself. One of these days I am going to slap the lotion out of his hand and stuff him in a locker.

Where do these people come from?!?

Blow drying your pubes and feet prevents jock-itch/athletes foot. The lotion part is just retarded.

Let me get this straight.

You would assert that standing at the end of the locker aisle bare assed with one leg up on the counter utilizing a health club provided hair dryer to blow dry your nut sack in the presence of others is not strange fucking behavior?

I don’t give a rat’s ass what it allegedly prevents. I can’t imagine people actually doing this at home let alone in the presence of strangers.

If you are worried about jock itch of foot fungus towel dry yourself thoroughly and buy a can of tinactin for fucks sake.

So now I guess I am obligated to ask, “Where are you from?”

[/quote]

I have trouble seeing how taking care of your hygeine is “strange.” It blows my mind that anyone would prefer to buy a can of tinactin to cure something that they neglect to prevent because they are worried about what some onlooker at the gym might think of them.

I think it’s funny that this shocks you.

And I proudly blow-dry my nutsac in the capital city of the USA.

We have one that I can think of off-hand:

Orange Man. This guy uses fake tan and has that orange Dy-O-Derm look. He does several strange things…a wide, wide, “omg is he going to do a face plant?” push up, later he’ll do a little aerobic dance routine with steps and pivots, etc in place right beside the machine or db he was using.

But the best thing is when he approaches the pull up bar and does ass-ups. What is an ass-up you ask? Remember when you were a kid on the monkey bars and you would hold on to the bars and your legs could come toward you and basically you could rotate your body through while not letting go, then drop to your feet? Well he does that, stops 1/2 way, and pulls his now inverted ass up toward the ceiling.

I honestly think that he believes the crowd that watches him admire him, while actually we are waiting for his fake tan grip to slip and pile-drive his Orange Julius melon into the mat below.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
I have trouble seeing how taking care of your hygeine is “strange.” It blows my mind that anyone would prefer to buy a can of tinactin to cure something that they neglect to prevent because they are worried about what some onlooker at the gym might think of them.

And I proudly blow-dry my nutsac in the capital city of the USA.[/quote]

I think I’ll have to quote Chris Rock when referring to driving a car with your feet:

“Just because it can be done doesn’t make it a good idea”

:frowning:

[quote]medevac wrote:
beebuddy wrote:

I think I’ll have to quote Chris Rock when referring to driving a car with your feet:

[/quote]

OK, I’ll be honest, I try not to do it in public, but if I can’t make it home on a busy day…

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
medevac wrote:
beebuddy wrote:

OK, I’ll be honest, I try not to do it in public, but if I can’t make it home on a busy day…[/quote]

What in the hell does a blow drying do that a towel can’t? Nothing.

I think the proper explanation here is that you’re just a queer who gets his jollies off by blow drying his bag in front of other men, while swinging one leg up in the air to spread your asshole open in hope that some other queer will come and jam his dick in it.

[quote]Jerome wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
medevac wrote:
beebuddy wrote:

OK, I’ll be honest, I try not to do it in public, but if I can’t make it home on a busy day…

What in the hell does a blow drying do that a towel can’t? Nothing.

I think the proper explanation here is that you’re just a queer who gets his jollies off by blow drying his bag in front of other men, while swinging one leg up in the air to spread your asshole open in hope that some other queer will come and jam his dick in it.
[/quote]

Jerome,

You are a silly fuck.

Strangest person at my gym? ME! I actually squat and deadlift instead of machine press and smith everything.

[quote]medevac wrote:
We have one that I can think of off-hand:

Orange Man. This guy uses fake tan and has that orange Dy-O-Derm look. He does several strange things…a wide, wide, “omg is he going to do a face plant?” push up, later he’ll do a little aerobic dance routine with steps and pivots, etc in place right beside the machine or db he was using.

But the best thing is when he approaches the pull up bar and does ass-ups. What is an ass-up you ask? Remember when you were a kid on the monkey bars and you would hold on to the bars and your legs could come toward you and basically you could rotate your body through while not letting go, then drop to your feet? Well he does that, stops 1/2 way, and pulls his now inverted ass up toward the ceiling.

I honestly think that he believes the crowd that watches him admire him, while actually we are waiting for his fake tan grip to slip and pile-drive his Orange Julius melon into the mat below.[/quote]

I’ve heard talk of that before. Something similar is called a “gorilla pullup” or something?

I went in earlier yet again to beat the old guy who lives in the gym to the squat rack. What I saw puts most of the posts in this thread to shame.

This women was doing the macaraina on a stability ball.

[quote]Geography wrote:
medevac wrote:

I honestly think that he believes the crowd that watches him admire him, while actually we are waiting for his fake tan grip to slip and pile-drive his Orange Julius melon into the mat below.

I’ve heard talk of that before. Something similar is called a “gorilla pullup” or something?[/quote]

Gorilla chinup is just a chin-up combined with a crunch. You end with knees crunched against the chest. No putting your legs over your head, like “ass-up” dude.

[quote]thighlord wrote:
Gym I used to go to had this guy wearing a little black (sometimes white) skirt or maybe it was a tutu.

He also had white tights ( or whatever you call them), a white camisole and white gloves. But let’s not forget his beige outfit.

And man that guy had more hair on his chest and back than chewbacca but he at least kept his hair in a ponytail. That was decent of him.
[/quote]

OMG!I have seen this guy!!! Can there be more than one in Ontario? He would wear a pink tutu and white tights. He had a white mesh shirt he would tie in a knot at his chest. He had thick black hair on the front and back.

Weird.