Strangest Person at Your Gym

Fantastic thread, doesn’t say much for humanity but whoever believed in that?

there is a kid named louis he has been working out for 2 years and has added NO muscle and benches 115 he does easy bar curls with a belt and thinks squats will stunt growth dosent talk much and his glasses are about a inch thick every now and then I will catch him looking at me like a stray dog when I give him advice he just agrees and dosent do it

there is another guy ALL he does… is bench wide grip smith machine pause benching same reps same weight same out fit same everything for about 1-2 years now he uses 225 for sets of 3-5

then there is every one in the gym who can bench reps with more weight than they can smith machine half squat if thats not strange then I dont know what is

[quote]T-Nick wrote:
Honestly, with all my squatting, deadlifting and jumping rope I bet everyone at the gym thinks Im the strange one[/quote]

I’ve been there mate!!

[quote]Huh? wrote:
I have some fucking nutters at my Gym.I could spend all day bitching about them, but instead here’s the top five.

1. The Shadow Boxer

[/quote]

Yeah. What’s with this guy?!?

They seem to be popping up lately and, at least where we train, always have the ball cap pulled down low and in between admiring themselves in the mirror and hopping up and down like Tito to mentally prepare for a set, they stand around throwing punches.

Strange behavior.

One guy in the gym where I used to work ouwld dance between sets. Like do the cha-cha.

there is a guy at my ymca that rides a uni-cycle all around the place. he wears lifting gloves while he does it, ive never seen him touch a weight but always wandering around the weight room on his uni -cycle… weird

[quote]toughcasey wrote:
there is a guy at my ymca that rides a uni-cycle all around the place. he wears lifting gloves while he does it, ive never seen him touch a weight but always wandering around the weight room on his uni -cycle… weird[/quote]

You need to take a picture of that.

There’s one guy at my gym who’s probably about 45, small, weak, with terrible posture, who looks very much like a toad. I think I’ve seen him in the weight room but can’t recall seeing him lift anything. Mainly he ‘works out’ on the treadmill. He sets it at about 2 mph, and takes these really short, bouncy steps, while shaking and jiggling his arms and wrists. That’s it.

Other than him, some of the strangest people who’ve passed through my gym are various staff members… the current sales guy comes to mind. He’s famous for telling all the guys at the gym how well hung he is. Not smart, for straight guy working in a gym mainly populated by gay males.

This guy has also tried to use jokes to ‘trick’ some of the women (including me) into agreeing to a date with him. He’s not in shape, but likes to walk up behind you when you’re doing a set in front of a mirror, and start flexing.

His workouts, that I’ve witnessed, consist of talking about his penis size, doing tricep kickbacks, and touching his pecs.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
Huh? wrote:
I have some fucking nutters at my Gym.I could spend all day bitching about them, but instead here’s the top five.

1. The Shadow Boxer

Yeah. What’s with this guy?!?

They seem to be popping up lately and, at least where we train, always have the ball cap pulled down low and in between admiring themselves in the mirror and hopping up and down like Tito to mentally prepare for a set, they stand around throwing punches.

Strange behavior.

[/quote]

Theres a guy on celebrity fit club (that show makes me sad) who shadow boxes all the time. Maybe people are trying to act like him.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
…I met this women who asked me if I could speak Klikgon ( as in the aliens from star trek).Of course I said no. She said too bad ,cause the latest issue of "how to speak KLINGKON " ,just came out.

Strange?? She sounds hot![/quote]

I think we may have found your problem…

[quote]n3wb wrote:
there is a kid named louis he has been working out for 2 years and has added NO muscle and benches 115 he does easy bar curls with a belt and thinks squats will stunt growth dosent talk much and his glasses are about a inch thick every now and then I will catch him looking at me like a stray dog when I give him advice he just agrees and dosent do it

there is another guy ALL he does… is bench wide grip smith machine pause benching same reps same weight same out fit same everything for about 1-2 years now he uses 225 for sets of 3-5

then there is every one in the gym who can bench reps with more weight than they can smith machine half squat if thats not strange then I dont know what is

[/quote]

Here you go: ,.,.;,.,;.,. THDWTHTI

Found all the missing punctuation and capitals from your post.

Ok so yet more stories:

Today, I was doing workout B from Rippetoe’s starting strength. I was squatting with a whole 190 lbs. Don’t laugh, damnit ! I was doing it atg !

Anyway, some dude looks me in the eye and loads the smith smachine with two plates and starts pumping out quater squats. Betweem each set, he would glare at me. He looked like he was riding him cell-mate in jail, cowboy position-style. Save a horse, ride a cowboy (a brokeback one, at that) ? Anyway, he is grimacing and grunting like it’s actually doing something.

Why do these morons even bother, I wonder ? If he can’t even squat 105 lbs in the smith machine, why is he trying to compete with me ?

[quote]pookie wrote:
n3wb wrote:

[/quote]

Pookie, get a life.

why would it be 105 lbs?

[quote]t3h_Squirr3l wrote:
Ok so yet more stories:

Today, I was doing workout B from Rippetoe’s starting strength. I was squatting with a whole 190 lbs. Don’t laugh, damnit ! I was doing it atg !

Anyway, some dude looks me in the eye and loads the smith smachine with two plates and starts pumping out quater squats. Betweem each set, he would glare at me. He looked like he was riding him cell-mate in jail, cowboy position-style. Save a horse, ride a cowboy (a brokeback one, at that) ? Anyway, he is grimacing and grunting like it’s actually doing something.

Why do these morons even bother, I wonder ? If he can’t even squat 105 lbs in the smith machine, why is he trying to compete with me ? [/quote]

It would be 105 lbs because 45+45+15(weight of smith bar)=105.

I understand. Math is hard for you.

[quote]t3h_Squirr3l wrote:

Pookie, get a life.

[/quote]

It’s important stuff.

For example, see how capitalization changes the meaning here:

I helped my uncle Jack off a horse.

vs.

I helped my uncle jack off a horse.

See? Important stuff. :slight_smile:

If you have ever worked out at St Louis Fitness Club (AKA St Louis Weightlifting Club) then you have seen the strangest bird ever. This dude looks like a smaller version of Lyle Alzado and is crazy as crazy gets. Do yourself a favor and never make eye contact or he will conspiracy theory you death. He is such a freak I can’t even go into it. You have been warned.

Someone with the right creative skills can take all the raw material from this thread and turn it into a hysterical mockumentary of today’s fitness club scene…

[quote]pookie wrote:

I helped my uncle jack off a horse.

See? Important stuff. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Pookie: You’re into that beastiality thing eh ?

You got it, YMCA in midtown Manhattan.

If you’ve ever read Muscle:COnfessions of an Unlikely Bodybuilder, its the one Samuel Wilson Fussell started his training career at.

[quote]PGJ wrote:
Sonny S wrote:
Anyone have the old guy who walks around the locker room and sauna area naked, who reads the paper on a bench naked, and in general hangs around more than he should naked?

I don’t think he’s gay, he just doesn’t care anymore and isn’t in a rush to go anywhere.

Holy crap! You must go to the YMCA. Every time I go there, there are always about 3 or 4 old fat guys hanging out in the locker room buck nekid watching the TV or reading a paper or just talking. One time I walked in there and the fattest guy (and I mean hugely fat) was leaning over onto a massage bench, proped up on his elbows reading a paper. Not a stich of clothing, not even a towel. Just his big disgusting wrinkly old ass pointed right at me like it’s cool. You never see guys younger than about 40 haging out nekid.
[/quote]