Strangest Person at Your Gym

[quote]Plisskin wrote:
When I lifted in a regular gym before moving to my garage, there was this one strong old bastard there almost every time I was there. He could really throw the weight around and he looked normal enough, but what made him stand out was his incredibly foul odor. He smelled much like a rotting carcass. Most of this, I assumed, came from his training clothes which looked like they hadn’t been washed in at least a decade.

He could actually stain an area with his stink. I kind of think that might’ve been his way of keeping a power rack or bench on busy days.[/quote]

I think this guy moved East and now works out at my gym. Except his stench has increased to a point where it lingers for at least 30 minutes after he’s left the weight room. The stink he puts out is almost visible.

I workout at home, however when I worked out at the gym.

The Manta ray guy, he just worked his back doing lat pulldowns, it’s all I ever saw him do and when he turned sideways, he had no depth, strange indeed.

When I worked as an instructor over 20 years ago, I worked with this guy I called “magazine dude” he was built like Zane, he knew his shit and would no doubt have won some metal back in the day.

Anyway, there was this one guy that read an article about Larry Scott that said you measure your biceps after each set to see at which set you lose your pump, then you know how many sets your biceps need to grow or something like that. So this guy asks my buddy to measure his arm after each set based on the article he read.

My bud and I tried not to laugh because every workout this guy only did chest and biceps, so we played a prank on him. Before the set begins he takes his measurement, I think they were like just over 15", the guy pumps out 12 reps of BB curls (sitting on the end of a bench…) gets his measurement and an honest 1/8" increase let’s say.

He returns for another set, measure and my bud added a half inch on purpose. The guy is all pumped now, he goes for another rep, my bud adds another 1/8" and says to him, “Your reaching your threshold, keep going” The guy knocks off another set and gets measured. My bud then tells him he lost 1/4" so the guy stops. We had him believe his arms were almost an inch overall bigger from one exercise and he was strutting around flexing in the mirrors, it was hilarious.

I have to tell you, it was really funny telling him to flex! flex! flex! while we measured because he would close his eyes and then we would tell him his measurements.

[quote]apwsearch wrote:
PGJ wrote:
Sonny S wrote:
Anyone have the old guy who walks around the locker room and sauna area naked, who reads the paper on a bench naked, and in general hangs around more than he should naked?

I don’t think he’s gay, he just doesn’t care anymore and isn’t in a rush to go anywhere.

Holy crap! You must go to the YMCA. Every time I go there, there are always about 3 or 4 old fat guys hanging out in the locker room buck nekid watching the TV or reading a paper or just talking. One time I walked in there and the fattest guy (and I mean hugely fat) was leaning over onto a massage bench, proped up on his elbows reading a paper. Not a stich of clothing, not even a towel. Just his big disgusting wrinkly old ass pointed right at me like it’s cool. You never see guys younger than about 40 haging out nekid.

No shit. How about the guys blow drying their short and curlys? I have watched guys even walk over to the lounge section of the locker room and sit down naked. We even have one jackass who goes through this whole ritual of laying out towels on the floor and standing on them buck naked facing outwards to the main aisle rubbing lotion all over himself. One of these days I am going to slap the lotion out of his hand and stuff him in a locker.

Where do these people come from?!?[/quote]

Blow drying your pubes and feet prevents jock-itch/athletes foot. The lotion part is just retarded.

[quote]wesstangl wrote:
The strangest person I ever met ,wasnt at my gym , rather at work.Years ago ; while in university , I was working at TOYS R US. My first day , I met this women who asked me if I could speak Klikgon ( as in the aliens from star trek).Of course I said no. She said too bad ,cause the latest issue of "how to speak KLINGKON " ,just came out. [/quote]

Strange?? She sounds hot!

[quote]nephorm wrote:
wesstangl wrote:
The strangest person I ever met ,wasnt at my gym , rather at work.Years ago ; while in university , I was working at TOYS R US. My first day , I met this women who asked me if I could speak Klikgon ( as in the aliens from star trek).Of course I said no. She said too bad ,cause the latest issue of "how to speak KLINGKON " ,just came out.

Strange?? She sounds hot![/quote]

Funny stuff, I’ll add a few:

Used to work out in this gym in Houston, over half the members were openly gay. One guy who was obviously of an alternative lifestyle would get on an incline bench, move the bar about 3 inches, adjust the angle he was moving the bar, push it another 3 inches, adjust the angle again and repeat. I had no idea what he was trying to accomplish. They probably thought I was the weird one. They had a cage w/ the straps for hanging ab work on top. I would actually squat there. I also did these weird exercises called deadlifts.

At one of my gyms back home I knew one guy who trained competitive bodybuilders. He had some rather unique ideas that involved nutrient timing. He wouldn’t say much else w/o money but his clients looked good. He was also a tax protester, refused to get a “real” job because he felt the government was taxing us illegally. He also believed in the tri lateral committee and probably claimed to see the black helicopters.

Knew another guy at the gym who trained like a complete sissy and always complained of injuries every time his butt left a chair, but he claimed to be a nutritional guru, always touting the benefits of something or other. Was a big fan of juicers (wouldn’t a good blender do the same thing?) and believed all food should be eaten raw. I’ll start eating raw food when he starts lifting real weight. What was even funnier, I don’t know how he made his living but he drove a super nice car. Saw him at a country bar trying to impress some illiterate bimbo w/ his quasi intellectual metro spiel. She looked clueless.

enterthedojo, that “UNCONVENTIONAL!” story just about ruined my workout this morning. I was into my 3 set of bp when all of a sudden somewhere inside my head I hear someone holler “UNCONVENTIONAL!” I started laughing so hard I had tears, man. I had to summon all my deep-seated rage just to finish off that rep. The worst part is that every time I got back on the bench, I would bust out laughing again until I finally yelled “UNCONVENTIONAL!” myself. Cured me.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
apwsearch wrote:
PGJ wrote:
Sonny S wrote:
Anyone have the old guy who walks around the locker room and sauna area naked, who reads the paper on a bench naked, and in general hangs around more than he should naked?

I don’t think he’s gay, he just doesn’t care anymore and isn’t in a rush to go anywhere.

Holy crap! You must go to the YMCA. Every time I go there, there are always about 3 or 4 old fat guys hanging out in the locker room buck nekid watching the TV or reading a paper or just talking. One time I walked in there and the fattest guy (and I mean hugely fat) was leaning over onto a massage bench, proped up on his elbows reading a paper. Not a stich of clothing, not even a towel. Just his big disgusting wrinkly old ass pointed right at me like it’s cool. You never see guys younger than about 40 haging out nekid.

No shit. How about the guys blow drying their short and curlys? I have watched guys even walk over to the lounge section of the locker room and sit down naked. We even have one jackass who goes through this whole ritual of laying out towels on the floor and standing on them buck naked facing outwards to the main aisle rubbing lotion all over himself. One of these days I am going to slap the lotion out of his hand and stuff him in a locker.

Where do these people come from?!?

Blow drying your pubes and feet prevents jock-itch/athletes foot. The lotion part is just retarded. [/quote]

Let me get this straight.

You would assert that standing at the end of the locker aisle bare assed with one leg up on the counter utilizing a health club provided hair dryer to blow dry your nut sack in the presence of others is not strange fucking behavior?

I don’t give a rat’s ass what it allegedly prevents. I can’t imagine people actually doing this at home let alone in the presence of strangers.

If you are worried about jock itch of foot fungus towel dry yourself thoroughly and buy a can of tinactin for fucks sake.

So now I guess I am obligated to ask, “Where are you from?”

[quote]wesstangl wrote:
The strangest person I ever met ,wasnt at my gym , rather at work.Years ago ; while in university , I was working at TOYS R US. My first day , I met this women who asked me if I could speak Klikgon ( as in the aliens from star trek).Of course I said no. She said too bad ,cause the latest issue of "how to speak KLINGKON " ,just came out.

i realise thats the thread is the strangest person in your gym , however , I just thought youd enjoy it.[/quote]

That just sounds like you missed out on an opportunity like the one in the “Do You Have A Condom” thread from the Sex and the Male Animal forum.

Too bad for you.

[quote]oaxaca joe wrote:
enterthedojo, that “UNCONVENTIONAL!” story just about ruined my workout this morning. I was into my 3 set of bp when all of a sudden somewhere inside my head I hear someone holler “UNCONVENTIONAL!” I started laughing so hard I had tears, man. I had to summon all my deep-seated rage just to finish off that rep. The worst part is that every time I got back on the bench, I would bust out laughing again until I finally yelled “UNCONVENTIONAL!” myself. Cured me.[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA That went through my mind last night during my workout. LOL

[quote]wesstangl wrote:

i realise thats the thread is the strangest person in your gym , however , I just thought youd enjoy it.[/quote]

That just sounds like you missed out on an opportunity like the one in the “Do You Have A Condom” thread from the Sex and the Male Animal forum.

Too bad for you.

[quote]ThatGirl77 wrote:
oaxaca joe wrote:
enterthedojo, that “UNCONVENTIONAL!” story just about ruined my workout this morning. I was into my 3 set of bp when all of a sudden somewhere inside my head I hear someone holler “UNCONVENTIONAL!” I started laughing so hard I had tears, man. I had to summon all my deep-seated rage just to finish off that rep. The worst part is that every time I got back on the bench, I would bust out laughing again until I finally yelled “UNCONVENTIONAL!” myself. Cured me.

HAHAHAHAHA That went through my mind last night during my workout. LOL[/quote]

haha! im glad in not the only one, i think im going to get a shirt made! this is a classic story.

Since I got an mp3 player, I stopped noticing the other people in the gym.

There is this guy at my gym who crawls on me when I am benching. He is around 20 months old. Sometimes he smells like poo!

My buddy and I were doing cable cross overs at the tail end of our chest day about 5 years ago. My buddy has about 80 on each side and is on the top end of the range of motion ( arms crossed about at the wrist) and this guy prances by in some spandex bike shorts and a tank top cut off to just below his man-tit… my buddy 'bout near choked himself with the cables as he lost his concentration

The “stomper” lady. Older woman, probably late 40’s eqarly 50’s. Everyday she comes in, always dressed and made up perfectly, and gets on the same exact treadmill and turns the TV to Oprah. She then proceeds to clutch each side railing of the treadmill for dear holy life, cranks the speed up to 10mph, and starts swinging her legs wildly. She supports all of her weight with her hands on the railings, but is sure to make a deafening thud each time her foot hits the tread. It’s quite comical to see. After 30 minutes, she leaves. Same thing everyday.

This guy would take the cake at most any gym.

1 Like

There is a lady at the YMCA I work out at that drops off her grandkids (she is definitely past her 60’s, and the kids are probably 7 or 8) for child care, and then proceeds to go over to the exercise rooms, where they have group aerobics. She will stand outside the room (never go inside the room), and perform the exercise routine of the class going on. She will be out there for an hour doing the exercises.

She is not a member, just waiting for her kids, so in essence, she is working out for free at the gym. Not fair, I think.

Not strange, but funny to see it.

I have some fucking nutters at my Gym.I could spend all day bitching about them, but instead here’s the top five.

1. The Shadow Boxer

This fella is in his early 40’s with a pidgeon chest and tookpick legs which accompanies a wicket combover, matching sweat bands and thick, hubble telescope type, reading glasses. He drags a mini-trampoline around the Gym after him (which he brings) and shadow boxes on it between every set… He also does that head flick thing and cracks his knuckles before he starts every set.

1. Smith Machine Guy.

He comes in five days a week and performs the following routine:

Smith Machine Flat Bench
Smith Machine Incline Bench
Smith Machine Shoulder Press
Smith Machine Bent-over rows
Smith Machine ATG Squats
Smith Machine Deadlifts (probably the funniest thing i’ve seen)
Smith Machine Pull-ups
Smith Machine Chins.

The PTs always comment on how “solid” his routines is. Yes, it would be pretty fucking impressive if it was done with free weights, every other day.

1. The isolation brothers

These two metros come in on a friday afternoon and do 20 types of curls, talk about the night ahead and which girls they are going to pull. They then check themselves out in the mirror before leaving and congratulating each other on how “jacked” they looked.

1. Calf Raise magazine women

A women in her late 40’s that does 10 minutes on the treadmill before spending an hour on the seated calf raise machine reading gossip magazines.

1. Pulse man

The husband of Calf raise women, this guy checks his pulse in between every one of his 30 sets of wrist curls.

[quote]Huh? wrote:
I have some fucking nutters at my Gym.I could spend all day bitching about them, but instead here’s the top five.

1. The Shadow Boxer

This fella is in his early 40’s with a pidgeon chest and tookpick legs which accompanies a wicket combover, matching sweat bands and thick, hubble telescope type, reading glasses. He drags a mini-trampoline around the Gym after him (which he brings) and shadow boxes on it between every set… He also does that head flick thing and cracks his knuckles before he starts every set.

1. Smith Machine Guy.

He comes in five days a week and performs the following routine:

Smith Machine Flat Bench
Smith Machine Incline Bench
Smith Machine Shoulder Press
Smith Machine Bent-over rows
Smith Machine ATG Squats
Smith Machine Deadlifts (probably the funniest thing i’ve seen)
Smith Machine Pull-ups
Smith Machine Chins.

The PTs always comment on how “solid” his routines is. Yes, it would be pretty fucking impressive if it was done with free weights, every other day.

1. The isolation brothers

These two metros come in on a friday afternoon and do 20 types of curls, talk about the night ahead and which girls they are going to pull. They then check themselves out in the mirror before leaving and congratulating each other on how “jacked” they looked.

1. Calf Raise magazine women

A women in her late 40’s that does 10 minutes on the treadmill before spending an hour on the seated calf raise machine reading gossip magazines.

1. Pulse man

The husband of Calf raise women, this guy checks his pulse in between every one of his 30 sets of wrist curls.

[/quote]

Shadow Boxer sounds like a real trip