Strange Tightness in Ribs/Chest

For the past few months I have had a weird pressure sensation around my ribs - mainly on the side of the body (both left and right sides) and on the middle and lower ribs. It’s not a sharp pain, or any pain at all really, but a feeling of constant pressure under the ribs and squeezing inwards on the ribs.

If I ‘suck my stomach in’ and at the same time take a deep breath and then exhale that breath (the stomach is sucked in all the time) - I can feel something ‘flicking’ across my ribs in a couple of different places on my torso.

I really have no idea what it is - does anyone have a clue? I might get around to seeing a healthcare professional if it lasts a year or more, but for now I’d really appreciate it if someone might have an idea what it is…? And what I might do to make it heal?

Thanks

go to the doctor

[quote]lunk wrote:
For the past few months I have had a weird pressure sensation around my ribs - mainly on the side of the body (both left and right sides) and on the middle and lower ribs. It’s not a sharp pain, or any pain at all really, but a feeling of constant pressure under the ribs and squeezing inwards on the ribs.

If I ‘suck my stomach in’ and at the same time take a deep breath and then exhale that breath (the stomach is sucked in all the time) - I can feel something ‘flicking’ across my ribs in a couple of different places on my torso.

I really have no idea what it is - does anyone have a clue? I might get around to seeing a healthcare professional if it lasts a year or more, but for now I’d really appreciate it if someone might have an idea what it is…? And what I might do to make it heal?

Thanks[/quote]

Lunk,

It sounds to me that you need some mobility work on the joint articulation between your ribs and vertebra. As far as I know you need to see a physio to get this type of work done.