A bird’s dilemma
I know this is not SAMA, but I need some urgent advice/help.
So, anyway, as you know, Ive moved to a small country town and I have been living here happily for about a year. When I first moved to town I met a older man(about 60 I think) at the coffee shop. We used to have a friendly chat at the cafe in the mornings. New to town, he thought he would make me feel welcome and invited me over for dinner a few times.
The dinners were harmless… a bite to eat and a glass of red and a friendly chat. I didnt think we had much in common as he is a few years older than me, interested in the church and has very conservative views including been anti-gay. He often chatted about how he missed his ex-wife who died years ago of cancer. Im not religious, a free-thinker and accepting of all types.
Anyway, he had recently lost his mobile phone, so he popped in at work and told me… so I said I would message him my number.
The messages went like this:
bird: Hi J, this is bird and this is my number.
J: Hi bird. Are you bird that I met today?
bird: Yes. Thats me.
I though his message to me was strange, but i thought it might be an old persons joke or that he didnt know/understand phone txt messaging etiquette.
A few hours later he msged me:
J: are you free tonight? Cum over for dinner and spend the night here.
I thought that was strange but I had thought that he had mistaken me for another “bird” who was from out of town and needed a place to stay. I didnt reply as I was off to the gym.
After I returned back from the gym I checked my phone and had a missed call and message from J;
J: Sorry I missed you earlier today. Anyway Im just letting you know I cant get over the size of your cock, lets meet tomorrow.
So… what do I do? Do I tell him its not gay-bird, but the real bird? Do I just ignore the messages and pretend it never happened? There is no way I can avoid this guy, I live in a small town!!!
- bird meets old man at cafe and became friends.
- old man talks about religion, his deceased wife, and appears to be homophobic. bird and old man stay friends, and often bump into each other in mornings at cafe.
- old man loses phone, so bird send a txt to old man so he can have bird’s number again
- old man mistakes bird’s number for someone else and sends homosexual txt to bird.
- bird not sure what to do in such an awkward situation. I have no problems with homosexuals, although situation is complicated as he appeared to be anti-gay and religious, and we live in a small town.