Strange Sightings

well my roommate thinks that since pigs are smarter than cats, he’ll go back to eating cats…

[quote]jchenky wrote:
swissrugby67 wrote:
jchenky wrote:
Shire wrote:
Are you prejudice against pigs?

What if I am?

This little piggy wants to hear what you have to say for yourself.

I want to know what a piggy’s purpose is in a residential household when it’s clearly not on a farm being fattened up for a dinner?

[/quote]

Well not everyone lives on a farm you know. What about people who live in the city they might want Hocks too…mmm…

Also piggy’s produce excellent manure which is great if your an avid gardener. My dad actually is good friends with a farmer over in Toronto and he regularly brings pig and horse manure to fertilize his vegetables and flowers.

Edit: ok i went off on a tangent again.

[quote]Shire wrote:
jchenky wrote:
swissrugby67 wrote:
jchenky wrote:
Shire wrote:
Are you prejudice against pigs?

What if I am?

This little piggy wants to hear what you have to say for yourself.

I want to know what a piggy’s purpose is in a residential household when it’s clearly not on a farm being fattened up for a dinner?

Well not everyone lives on a farm you know. What about people who live in the city they might want Hocks too…mmm…

Also piggy’s produce excellent manure which is great if your an avid gardener. My dad actually is good friends with a farmer over in Toronto and he regularly brings pig and horse manure to fertilize his vegetables and flowers.

Edit: ok i went off on a tangent again.[/quote]

I know not everyone lives on a farm! I suppose i’ve never been around a pig and just find it so odd to have as a pet. I will never forget this girl in highschool who had a pet pig…

I would like to take a pig for a walk someday.

[quote]jchenky wrote:

I would like to take a pig for a walk someday.

[/quote]

Take ya mudda she’s disgusting!

[quote]jchenky wrote:
Way weird![/quote]

You seem to have some scoliosis.

I have a green sunfish in a tank upstairs. He used to live with a pumpkinseed and a few other species of sunfish, but they all got killed off as they grew. I also have a fish tank with rainbow darters in it downstairs. I get lots of comments on the fish.

darter:
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://forum.nanfa.org/uploads/monthly_06_2008/post-62-1212836169.jpg&imgrefurl=http://forum.nanfa.org/index.php%3Fact%3DPrint%26client%3Dprinter%26f%3D209%26t%3D5021&usg=___xT84AJo1Sg7cA8yX6y9cBqF210=&h=384&w=480&sz=35&hl=en&start=33&um=1&tbnid=bDH3kUrujClcZM:&tbnh=103&tbnw=129&prev=/images%3Fq%3Drainbow%2Bdarter%26start%3D20%26ndsp%3D20%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

video:
(not my tank)

green sunfish:
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.uaex.edu/wneal/pond_management/images/greensunfish.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.uaex.edu/wneal/pond_management/pages/fishid/fishid.html&usg=__vN0y94M-0LVI6HhqXbZpfLXxjm0=&h=286&w=423&sz=76&hl=en&start=10&um=1&tbnid=B6aScqtQp3OY9M:&tbnh=85&tbnw=126&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgreen%2Bsunfish%26ndsp%3D20%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

video (not my tank)

very cool fish, if you like aquariums there are a lot of cool native fishes out there

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
I once saw my goldfish take a shit. True story.[/quote]

Yeah, my one-eyed goldfish died of the runs.

[quote]Vegg wrote:
jchenky wrote:

You know, pigs are actually more intelligent than cats or dogs. It’s not that absurd. :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

Mr. Robert Pickton found a use for pigs. Getting rid of all the bodies.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Pluto wrote:
like the evil monkey in my closet?

In Colorado, you need a zookeeper’s license to have a pet monkey…no, not to pet your monkey…[/quote]

When I lived in California – Santa Clarita – I used to deliver pizzas. I pull up to one house (It was way up Sierra Hwy if I remember right.) and there’s a large fenced-in area taking up most of her front yard. As I’m walking up a monkey jumps up and starts shaking the fence. Scared the shit out of me.

She owned four pet monkeys (I think they were spider monkeys, but I can’t remember). Apparently she had a few before there were any laws against it and so she grandfathered into being allowed to keep them.

[quote]streamline wrote:
Vegg wrote:
jchenky wrote:

You know, pigs are actually more intelligent than cats or dogs. It’s not that absurd. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mr. Robert Pickton found a use for pigs. Getting rid of all the bodies.[/quote]

an interesting reference, kind of out of place in this particular thread, but interesting none the less

And I thought this was going to be an alien conspiracy thread :confused:

[quote]RebornTN wrote:
And I thought this was going to be an alien conspiracy thread :/[/quote]

Same here… I want my money back.

[quote]miroku333 wrote:
well my roommate thinks that since pigs are smarter than cats, he’ll go back to eating cats…[/quote]

not even going to point out the irony in that pic.

[quote]streamline wrote:
Vegg wrote:
jchenky wrote:

Mr. Robert Pickton found a use for pigs. Getting rid of all the bodies.[/quote]

You have to pull the teeth first, though. They’ll eat everything but teeth.

[quote]dennis3k wrote:
streamline wrote:
Vegg wrote:
jchenky wrote:

Mr. Robert Pickton found a use for pigs. Getting rid of all the bodies.

an interesting reference, kind of out of place in this particular thread, but interesting none the less

[/quote]

Just pointing out that according to pigs. Humans are not the top of the food chain. A pet should never look at you as dinner!

[quote]Vegg wrote:
RebornTN wrote:

Same here… I want my money back.[/quote]

You paid bro? I just used the backdoor… :confused:

[quote]MaddyD wrote:
miroku333 wrote:
well my roommate thinks that since pigs are smarter than cats, he’ll go back to eating cats…

not even going to point out the irony in that pic.[/quote]

You got that too huh?

[quote]RebornTN wrote:
And I thought this was going to be an alien conspiracy thread :/[/quote]

I want to know who is in your avatar. I want to know NOW.

[quote]swissrugby67 wrote:
RebornTN wrote:

I want to know who is in your avatar. I want to know NOW.
[/quote]

You’ve gotta be more specific. It changes.

My aunt used to have a pet pig, not a barnyard pig, but a wild boar she found in Florida as a piglet. It lived in her house just like the dogs.

Now, I’m pretty laid back in regard to whatever sorts of pets people choose to have, and realize the importance of dominance with many animals, but this pig absolutely scared the living shit out of me. He was very territorial. He cornered me in the barn once when I was sweeping. We had this staring contest for an eternal ten seconds until he charged, I screamed, and I managed to beat him off with the broom. Then he cornered me in my car, until he got sick of me beating his head with the door.

When he died I felt bad for my aunt, because she loved him, but most of the family was secretly relieved.