Strange Shoulder Issues

I have a very long history of shoulder issue but this one has me a bit puzzled.

I am having pain in both shoulder that feals like DOMS at the very edge of my pecs, deep in my shoulder. It hurts the most when contracting my pecs with arms in a BP or decline BP pose.

No pain with overhead movements.
No “catching” or joint issues.
Doesn’t feel like tendonits or a strain.

Hurts like hell first couple of set of BP but seems to “warm up”. Again, it feels like severe DOMS that won’t go away.

I haven’t gone heavy in at least two weeks. Last week I did a few sets of 5 on DB press with 120s and some crazy bell bench for sets of 7. No heavy sets.

This may be coincidence, but this all started after an ART session. My ART guy did find some lesions in there and worked them pretty good. This was almost two months ago.

I can stretch it a bit but can seem to get at it with a tennis ball. Too deep. I thought maybe bicep tendon issues from heavy DL but I only get pain in that BP position. And it’s in both shoulders when I sue a mixed grip. Strange.

Anyway, wanted to see if I am missing some obvious here. I may just go get a massage. I am a little nervous about going back for ART.

Go back to the ART and tell them exactly what you said here- that it happened immediately after your visit. Have them check your neck muscles for tightness too.

Until then, run that tennis ball along your traps to see if theres any knots or pain back there. They may not be working the way they should, causing the shoulder to not move properly. I’ve had pain all over my shoulders and this seems to be the culprit.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Go back to the ART and tell them exactly what you said here- that it happened immediately after your visit. Have them check your neck muscles for tightness too.

Until then, run that tennis ball along your traps to see if theres any knots or pain back there. They may not be working the way they should, causing the shoulder to not move properly. I’ve had pain all over my shoulders and this seems to be the culprit.

[/quote]

Just got the tennis ball out again. Nothing in the upper trap. I was able to get at the source (i think) through the medial delt area a bit this time.

Since this isn’t shoulder pain I am used to, I am not sure If I should be lifting or not. I can handle the pain, just don’t want things to snowball. If it is just a lesion, I am not too worried.

I don’t think it’s a tear of any kind but don’t believe i’ve had a tear outside of severe damage caused by dozens of dislocations. This doesn’t feel like anything else I’ve had before. I guess I’ll go back to my Sadist…I mean ART guy.