Strange Pain In Triceps

Hello everyone, I’m pretty new here and dig the site. I apologize if a topic like this has been posted, I couldn’t find one when I looked and I figured this was a good place to ask this question (even though I don’t consider myself a beginner at all).

I was doing curls on an incline bench the other day during an arm workout (tris and bis specifically). Right in the middle of the workout, after doing heavy machine dips, straight barbell curls, tri extensions, then incline curls. When I gripped the dumbbells (only 30s or 35s) I felt a stretching sensation in my right triceps before I started the set. The feeling isn’t new, but this was the first time it actually kind of hurt a little bit.

I’m wondering if anyone knows what this is and will it get worse or should I worry about it? I still did the sets and it mainly happened right before I started the set and slightly while my right arm was at rest while I repped my left arm. No reoccurrance for the rest of the workout, just during that exercise. Any answers?

You might just have overworked them a bit and had a slight tear. Also which head of the triceps was the pain in? Or was it more of an overall pain in the back of your arm?

It felt like the muscle was stretching, it was in the direct back of my arm. Not the whole arm. I think it was the long head, not positive. A little burning sensation as well. I guess I might’ve overworked it, although it isn’t any more than I’ve done before. Is that something that I should stop working out for?

It was funny because I was doing a curling exercise so I wasn’t sure if I should stop of not. It stopped after I finished that exercise and only happened at the beginning of the exercise, before I started the reps.

Might be the muscle was just Pumped up the tri. and well to do a curling motion being the antagonist it needs to completely relax so that could have been it

Phill

So if you relax a muscle too much while it’s pumped, it may cause this kind of pain? Since it happened I believe you, but I wonder how that works.

No what im saying is it was Pumped and didnt relax all the way so you were working against a tensed muscle having to force it to let the bicep work. This is just a long shot speculation bro.

Phill

You may have just tweaked it during dips or something.

Thanks for the help, still not sure what caused it exactly. I guess what I really need to know is if it’s something that should cause me to stop the exercise and move on or just not worry about it. It’s been about a week and my muscle hasn’t given me any problems, so I’m not worried about it.

Thanks for the help, still not sure what caused it exactly. I guess what I really need to know is if it’s something that should cause me to stop the exercise and move on or just not worry about it. It’s been about a week and my muscle hasn’t given me any problems, so I’m not worried about it. I’m going to do a chest workout tonight, we’ll see if anything comes up again.