Strange Health Problem. Help?

Okay, I’m not good at reading blood test results and I don’t know what these things stand for, but I know they’re not good:

Hemoglobin Alc is a 5.7 which is high and apparently at the tail end of the “increased risk for diabetes” section.

Estimated Avg Glu is 117 mg/dl

I don’t understand how I am at an increased risk for diabetes. I weigh 170lbs, have visible abs and exercise everyday. I eat pretty low carb. My only carbs come from 2 servings of Surge Recovery at training time, a couple of slices of Ezekial bread after that, and maybe some berries later.

I would like to improve these health markers, but I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Any advice? Yes, it was a fasted test.

Were you supposed to be fasted for your blood test?

Were you fasted for it?

ok, dude, the high end for a normal A1 test is 5.9. i just googled it. so relax. But they always want you to fast before taking this test. that usually means going all night without eating. and no eating before you test.

[quote]Guilty77 wrote:
Okay, I’m not good at reading blood test results and I don’t know what these things stand for, but I know they’re not good:

Hemoglobin Alc is a 5.7 which is high and apparently at the tail end of the “increased risk for diabetes” section.

Estimated Avg Glu is 117 mg/dl. Any advice? Yes, it was a fasted test.[/quote]

was your fasting glucose <100? (and i don’t mean EAG)

are you african american?

yes this influences results…