Story Behind Your Username

Your name must be Edbjørg Gustafson. You could have made up something sensational

1 Like

Sensational isnt what I do, @theBeth, Sensational is what I am…

2 Likes

4 Likes

now that’s what I’m talking about!

1 Like

That was my avatar picture in another forum for YEARS. Great picture

1 Like

Everybody likes edging if you have the time.

2 Likes

Theobald, I suspect no one knows what the fuck we are talking about.

I only know because I slept with a girl from Cork when I was on a long liberty in London and she took me on a tour of the isles.

How’d you enjoy the tour?

I confess to only knowing because I cannot see something I don’t know and not google it. I assumed the name wasn’t simply plucked from your head and googled it!

It was my army nickname…being short for Nardpuncher. I never punched any nards though.

That sounds a lot like something a nardpuncher would say.

4 Likes

I was always into comic books and super heroes. When I started training in College, my fraternity brother who got me into the gym (Scott) was also a big comic fan, and as that first year went by, he realized that I was naturally pretty damn strong, like freaky strong…easily way stronger than I looked (at all of 150 lbs dripping wet). As such, he used to would routinely talk about hitting the gym each evening with “The Mighty Stu.” It was a dual reference to The Mighty Thor comic and an old Saturday Night Live skit where Bill Murray plays The Mighty Hercules (find the video online, you’ll thank me -lol).

A few years later, when I first logged onto the original incarnation of TN, and I needed a Username, I just looked above my computer desk where I had hung my old Fraternity Paddle on the wall.

S

6 Likes

All along my life my gamer tags or forums nicknames were all horribles, I’ve never found any nice names. When I was playing football some would call me Odin or even Mount Sinai (???) because I was immoveable but these would be quite narcissistic.

So Aldebaran is the name of a star. I really like star names like Arcturus, Betelgeuse, it sounds like something from an ancient and mystical civilization

5 Likes

Aldebaran does sound much better than Beetlejuice.

5 Likes

A bit tougher to say it 3x though.

S

3 Likes

Wow, I haven’t thought about that bit in years! Truly hilarious!

1 Like

Back in 2004-2005 when I started getting into jiu-jitsu and MMA, there was a hugely popular fight team named Brazilian Top Team (Big Nog, Mario Sperry, Murilo Bustamonte, etc.) that was jiu-jitsu based and had a major rivalry with Chute Boxe (a Brazilian MMA team with a muay Thai focus - Shogun Rua, Wanderlei Silva, etc.).

At the time, I was living in a suburb just outside of Seattle called “Burien”. And thus, Burien Top Team was born.

3 Likes

I just tried to find it,… “blocked in my country”, but this popped up… again, worth hunting down if anyone can.

S

1 Like

Bee is your name? Like the animal? Can’t decide if it’s weird or super cool

Yeah. It’s both weird and cool. And there’s never gonna be a human being in history who will be named that way. In fact, there hasn’t been one yet but me. lol.

It’s a blessing, for sure. I like my name. Incredibly memorable.